"I'm not a rapper, I'm a hustler" movement was the beginning of the end of Hip Hop

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who let it become acceptable though? The fans did of course, which is where the blame should go.

absolutely. i feel the same with all these reality stars and other talentless celebs that everybody hates on. they didn't make themselves rich and famous, lol, the people watching them and buying their products did.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Yeah it was a major component. As well as the hater movement.

Black people so peaceful we don't have the balls to maintain the integrity of our arts. You think them cacs gonna let the nfl get watered down and outshined by a imitation league? Hell no! They'd make sure you know who the originators and authentic is!

We let the neighborhood flunkies come in and jack our real and turn it to shyt.

There will be those who will come in this thread and prove what is being said.

If we were really bout our biz, we would have moved to requiring rappers having to go to mc school and get certifications. But there are more dumb people in the world than smart so that wouldn't last.

The only hope is for emcees to declare war on rappers and show the sheep who the real shephards are.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I agree with dude that said fron 05 ia where it started. Lets be real from 05 to like 08 mainstream wise there was this big gap of little to no substance in rap. Plus downloads were increasing. And the mixtape game was the only thing poppin. shyt like d4l and dem franchise boys was takin the place if Lil jon. And when Lil Jon was out nikkas was still sellin. Over here in the east listenin to the radio was like a ghost town. All the good rappers like outkast etc wasnt puttin out anything. nikkas was either beefing or not droppin anything. Some rappers were lik nas hip hop is dead etc. so during this gap Wayne was all over the place. Just puttin out watever and gettin worshipped for it. Now 09 to 10' ushered in a new era of the drakes Nickis along side Wayne came this im barely talented but catchy era. Now the raekwons and cnns dblocks etc are pushed to the underground along with Joey Saigon el p phonte etc. so the only rappers most people check for by force are the 3 I mentioned plus Kanye ti jay em 2 chains Ross and maybe nas.

Daps
Who let it become acceptable though? The fans did of course, which is where the blame should go. How are you going to get mad at a man for hustling you when he told you before hand that he is here to hustle you? This thread makes no sense on any level. We the people sold Hip Hop to corporate America a long long time ago.

I dont even pirate the bullshyt the put out...its not my fault
absolutely. i feel the same with all these reality stars and other talentless celebs that everybody hates on. they didn't make themselves rich and famous, lol, the people watching them and buying their products did.

I dont watch reality shows. With the exception of a few new songs I live in a time capsule with the music I listen to.

Daps
Who said it before Ice T?

I hear you but int he 2000's is when skill was taken completely out of the equation. If Ice T said it he still carried himself as an MC. If you were corny you would get no love. Like I said, the NBA players still take pride in being good.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
When were you ever able to check " wack" rappers and biters?

Man, they way y'all view rap is hilarious

You have wack rappers or rappers that simply can't rap
In the mainstream right at the forefront..
I.e waka flocka,.French Montana

Record labels know that wack rappers are no longer shunned
In fact they're supported..

You think if there was still quality control waka would have got
Through the door

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Why does everyone try to attribute the hustler to rapper to Jay Z? Is it because he said it in a song?

Well I can recall back in the 80's this business man(hustler/drug dealer) by the name Eric Wright distinctly stating he's not a rapper he's a businessman, when Boyz in The Hood was in heavy rotation. I remember him stating as much on 1580 Kday in like 1987 or 1988.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who let it become acceptable though? The fans did of course, which is where the blame should go. How are you going to get mad at a man for hustling you when he told you before hand that he is here to hustle you? This thread makes no sense on any level. We the people sold Hip Hop to corporate America a long long time ago.

If by we the people u mean "white people" then yes.