"I'm not a rapper, I'm a hustler" movement was the beginning of the end of Hip Hop

Daps
It may have started sooner but this was a big part of the problem. I confirmed this back in the day when I saw a interview with some nikka beefin with Fat Joe talking about he gonna rap now and he was like...

"Im not a rapper...Im a nikka lookin for a check" :ohhh:

Needless to say, this nikka was ass residue and never made an impact but that was a lot of raps dudes back then and they opened the flood gates of ass juice nikkas...smh.

At the 5:22s mark...

:what:

:why:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Kinda like Hollywood making movies using people who never studied acting. If the guy can't spell and can't speak coherently and does not know the history of Hip Hop then I think it's common sense that he's going to suck as a rapper.

"Suck" is a relative term though, because Soulja Boy has fans. SB fans think Nas sucks - this is because they are crack babies and think four syllable words are foreign language, but still.

Anyways: there is "critically acclaimed" and there is "popular". These two are usually opposite of one another and mutually exclusive for the most part (you'll have the odd duck like "Avengers" that achieves both, but 999/1000 this rule applies). "Popular" is popular becuase it panders to the lowest common denominator. All the songs are about money, sex, drugs, violence, crime and all the base things in life becuase most people's ears perk up when they hear one of these topics come up - even if they are against such things.

Same thing as Youtube vids: the old lady falling face first into a pile of dog crap will get 6111313 views, the guy explaining the secret of the Universe will have 17 views.

The "hater" thing is also a bunch of BS

"And then they label me a hater, that's bulls***
I thought that everybody hated wack bulls***"

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I think the yous a hater movement

We stopped being able to check biters and wack rappers

This right here. You can't have a negative opinion on something, no matter how innocent or constructive it may be, without being called a hater. Pretty much you have to like everything that gets shytted out no matter how wack or unoriginal otherwise someone somewhere is just gonna say you're a hater and get it retweeted like a thousand times.

Daps
Cam'ron always said rapping was a hustle for him but you can tell he loves it.

I aint mad at that cause its like the NBA...all them dudes are playing for their salaries. But there is a love and respect for the game.

In rap, there is no respect for the game and even worse its not like the NBA where there is a skill requirement.

Back in the days all rappers in the industry wanted to get rich but there was skill required. Dudes used to take pride in being nice regardless of who was selling. Now people aren't ashamed to say that they aren't good b-b-but Im getting money tho.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
nikka lost his eye in a jail fight, over the lil comedic remark from Fat Joe to 50 from the MTV award show? :wtf:

:laff: This fukking moron deserves it. LMFAOOOO

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gucci mane, oj da juiceman, and Rozay are the only rapoers that had bricks of cocaine for sale, lets be real here

SENT FROM THE SAMSUNG-1017 BURRR MACHINE using Tapatalk

RocPG

Pro
Daps
Reppin
South-Africa
Jay started the "I'm not a Rapper I'm a Hustler" movement so every rapper try to copy that shyt but the thing is they didn't rap good so the failed!!!!:sadbron:

Hov Da Gawd stay tricking these dumb rappers:yeshrug::deadrose:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree. when that mentality became acceptable everything changed, what we used to call "selling out" back in the day turned into "f*ck it, he gettin money!" gettin money trumps everything nowadays, you could probably get caught suckin d!ck on tape and nigs will flip it into "sh!t, n!gga probably gon make madd M's off the tape, swag". integrity died when "i aint a rapper, i'm a hustler" came in.

Daps
Jay started the "I'm not a Rapper I'm a Hustler" movement so every rapper try to copy that shyt but the thing is they didn't rap good so the failed!!!!:sadbron:

Hov Da Gawd stay tricking these dumb rappers:yeshrug::deadrose:

The Jiggaman is responsible for this movement.

:pacspit:

Convinced nikkas to stop writting too. Now we got OJ the Juice Man rappers talking about..."I dont even write raps down neither...:win:"

nah you don't write raps down but you should cause your music its ass :what:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
i agree. when that mentality became acceptable everything changed, what we used to call "selling out" back in the day turned into "f*ck it, he gettin money!" gettin money trumps everything nowadays, you could probably get caught suckin d!ck on tape and nigs will flip it into "sh!t, n!gga probably gon make madd M's off the tape, swag". integrity died when "i aint a rapper, i'm a hustler" came in.
Who let it become acceptable though? The fans did of course, which is where the blame should go. How are you going to get mad at a man for hustling you when he told you before hand that he is here to hustle you? This thread makes no sense on any level. We the people sold Hip Hop to corporate America a long long time ago.