I'm moving to CALIFORNIA!!!!

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Sac isn't farm town like it may have been 10 years ago. Elk Grove and Natomas are some real popular suburban areas. Honestly it's hella bay transplants up here anyway.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Sacramento area.

tumblr_mef94u1nqy1qlsoaao1_250.gif

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
@SouthernBelle its not bad at all. Everywhere can't be The Bay or San Diego in Cali. But the Summer though? It gets hot here, especially in July , but its a DRY HEAT. The weather right now is well above average though. If you wanna cool off, the Bay is an hour away and the beach along with Tahoe is two :ahh:

Born & raised here. The club scene has gotten surprisingly better since Kevin Johnson's been the mayor @DaygoTaco is on point with Old Sac and The Park . Also check out DeBeers Pub , Mix club and Barwest . K-street got a great mixture of bars and clubs within walking distance. The bar scene is piff . Something for everyone.

For food, check out Oscars Mexican food , Aragato Sushi and The Squeeze Inn

I can go on and on on stuff to do here. PM me if you got any questions.

I hate Davis though . The whole town smells like cow shyt and the people are mostly rude and borderline racist. Outside of the University area, the town is :trash:

Chico on the other hand :ahh: Its a two hour drive north but its one of my favorite towns in Cali. The Sierra Nevada Brewery :ohlawd:

If you can land a good job here, you're set. Otherwise, the market for that is pretty bleak.

Last edited by a moderator:

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gag:

so you didn't have any other place of choice? Boring ass Sac with that hot ass inland weather in the summertime? Recipe was disaster. Better stay in a place with air condition and make some friends, quick.
:wow:

but good luck on you research thingy I guess.

didnt even know they had places without air conditioning nowadays

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you're studying at UC Davis. Davis is a small-bike town with friendly people if they know you're going to the University. It's still much slower than a lot of other places as goes for the rest of Sacramento.

Sac in general is a really diverse city, one of most diverse in the country in fact. You're going to interact with more different types of people than you ever imagined. Much different from Indiana (I lived in California and Michigan). Still it's a much slower city than the Bay, LA or Daygo, so don't be surprised when you have dead nights. If you're looking for Hollywood, millions of Palm Trees, the Beach culture, 24/7 sunny weather during yoru stay, don't expect any of it in Nor Cal.

It's a completely different vibe, but one that's still has a lot to offer as it's still one of my favorite places in the country. I suggest you make a weekend trip down here to LA during those 3 months as you will see a huge difference. It's only a 6 hour drive and about $100 in gas round trip. Just know that California is not in diverse in the race, but also it's land, regional culture, and climate. Sacramento just represents the Central Valley of California, so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't live up to the hype.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Sacramento is not as bad as people are making it out to be. Don't be afraid. You'll be around during decent weather seasons. You'll be fine especially if you're coming from the Midwest. You will find plenty of things to do. The lifestyle there is almost like the bay area since you have so many transplants.