I'm infatuated with this new woman I'm seeing. Past situations makes me want to put up a guard,but that wouldn't be fair to her.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I actually talked to her about it last night and she said she doesn't want to be hurt either and that's not her intent. She said like just continue to learn/grow together and see where it leads.

You did the right thing bro communication is always the best way forward

Sound like she didn’t take it personal and the convo went well you on to a winner g

:salute:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
You did the right thing bro communication is always the best way forward

Sound like she didn’t take it personal and the convo went well you on to a winner g

:salute:

Yeah breh, all this. Communication is the key to every successful relationship regardless if it's platonic/romantic/business/etc.

One of the hardest parts is taking that first step, you passed that one breh..

The next is making sure you check in with yourself and have an honest dialogue with yourself to evaluate the situation and levelset or adjust if need be... What can make this difficult is a. Many (most?) of us aren't really honest with ourselves and b. Romance can cloud our thought process.

Be open to all the opportunities, but "when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time".

:myman:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
what's the point of trying to date if you are paranoid or have baggage. dating should be fun.
go see a therapist and come back to her when you are whole
It's way too many broken people out here. The problem is that people don't want to be alone but they also don't want to do the inner work required after a previous relationship failed. It's a lot of hurt or here hurting other people. You should have boundaries but never moving out here with your guard up. You can't see people for who they truly are if both of y'all have to climb over walls to get to each other.

Giselle

Daps
She cool,educated, cook, good looking and all around solid. I know I'm in the infatuated stage and with any relationships are work

Yet I've seen myself instantly throw up my guard in situations.

Is this normal?

How do I not be this way in these limited situations?

Or is it human nature?🤔
It’s normal for people with certain unhealthy coping mechanisms. Try therapy

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
She cool,educated, cook, good looking and all around solid. I know I'm in the infatuated stage and with any relationships are work

Yet I've seen myself instantly throw up my guard in situations.

Is this normal?

How do I not be this way in these limited situations?

Or is it human nature?🤔
Human nature. Let that shyt play out and don't rush shyt. Just enjoy her company and comfort shyt takes time. It's called trust.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Too personal a question I'm answering on here. But if I did or didn't I don't believe it's the reason I had/have these feelings
:camby: weirdo behavior and clout chasing.

How you asking for insightful advice but scared to answer basic questions. :camby:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got the help I needed honestly. I talked to her about the issue and will bring it up in therapy.

Read the entire thread

As cats said communication is key.

Most fears and issues in life stem from lack of communication.

People will literally kill each other because one person is afraid of saying I'm sorry.

Just talk it out. It's easier in the short term than letting shyt build up, snapping, hiding it, arguing, lashing out, etc.