I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Great cost of living but it might turn into a baby Punta Cana in 5 years or so. A lot of white people move there. If I were gonna live on the northcoast I'd live there or Caberete.
Isn't Cabarete getting expensive too. I quickly looked at Nagua but I couldnt find much on it. I'm not against moving to a smaller town on the North Coast

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Definitely after superbowl, since it might be overwhelming for a solo traveler first time

Also since I’m a rookie I’ll be staying at new garden. If this place is everything these dudes claim it to be, I’ll definitely try to go and stay longer for Halloween

Not trying to be a chicas western Union novio tho
That's a you decision if you're just coming on vacation remember those hoes lived just fine before they met you and they'll be just fine after you leave.

Based on how people I see move it's probably all around best to go super crazy so that each chick will be a blur. If you try to find that special "dime". She could flip the script on you and stay with you your whole trip then either present you with a high bill and or give you a sob story.

A lot of people say Don't be a western union novio because those people saying that was or are WU Novios.

In short don't OD on one chick better to have a few mid experiences just so you don't get too thristy over one chick.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Isn't Cabarete getting expensive too. I quickly looked at Nagua but I couldnt find much on it. I'm not against moving to a smaller town on the North Coast
absolutely Caberete is expensive but Nagua... chances are your spot won't have hot water.

The DR is a wild place if youre tender around the zipper pause you'll spend a significant time chasing p*ssy. Nagua is a small town local people live there if you moved there not only will you have to install Hot water and A/C and have a strong back up generator but you'd be notorious once word gets around there's a new gringo in town.

If you choose to live in Nagua or Montellano or La Union or whereever spend all of your time in Sosua till you get completely burnt out many times, People will still know that you be in Sosua but again you have the same polite distance from the towns where you live and where you cop.

Just like a chick from Nagua takes the bus to "her job" In "Puerta Plata" but you see her on Perdo and her family doesn't ask how she sold so many Mangoes in Puerta Plata and happily accept the bread than she comes home with.

Coming from big city america to small town DR is too stark to just do it, I'm sure there's probably a decent grocery story in Nagua but generally speaking going to buy Meat in Nagua would probably mean copping a freshly killed chicken sold in the open air in the heat.

I've been overseas for more than 6 years and I still wouldn't eat meat from a 3rd world unrefrigerated butcher shop.

Caberete is big and rich and as far as I know they don't have a large grocery where you can buy meat that's cold. No need most people would go to one of the 3 grocery stores in Sosua.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
absolutely Caberete is expensive but Nagua... chances are your spot won't have hot water.

The DR is a wild place if youre tender around the zipper pause you'll spend a significant time chasing p*ssy. Nagua is a small town local people live there if you moved there not only will you have to install Hot water and A/C and have a strong back up generator but you'd be notorious once word gets around there's a new gringo in town.

If you choose to live in Nagua or Montellano or La Union or whereever spend all of your time in Sosua till you get completely burnt out many times, People will still know that you be in Sosua but again you have the same polite distance from the towns where you live and where you cop.

Just like a chick from Nagua takes the bus to "her job" In "Puerta Plata" but you see her on Perdo and her family doesn't ask how she sold so many Mangoes in Puerta Plata and happily accept the bread than she comes home with.

Coming from big city america to small town DR is too stark to just do it, I'm sure there's probably a decent grocery story in Nagua but generally speaking going to buy Meat in Nagua would probably mean copping a freshly killed chicken sold in the open air in the heat.

I've been overseas for more than 6 years and I still wouldn't eat meat from a 3rd world unrefrigerated butcher shop.

Caberete is big and rich and as far as I know they don't have a large grocery where you can buy meat that's cold. No need most people would go to one of the 3 grocery stores in Sosua.
Damn thatscsome good insight my G. Thank you. Well I might have to go back to my original thought of moving to Puerto Plata or Santiago. They're supposed to build a highway from Santiago to the Sosua/Puerto Plata area. It would cut that commute down to like 30 mins.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Damn thatscsome good insight my G. Thank you. Well I might have to go back to my original thought of moving to Puerto Plata or Santiago. They're supposed to build a highway from Santiago to the Sosua/Puerto Plata area. It would cut that commute down to like 30 mins.
absolutely, when I go back to the DR I'm looking at Santiago because they just opened that Monorail and the traffic is way better than in SD.

Another reason why you'd want to live in a big city with diverse accomodation is 90% of housing in the DR is not built to code so if someone develops or builds a house in a small town it will be cheaper but it probably will get Hurricane damage.

Like I said about the DR Up is usally down and if you save money in one place you'll spend it somewhere else. Uber is only technically in Puerta Plata on the north coast so if you lived anywhere you'd either have to get a car or you'll be screwed by the Taxi mafia especially going back and forth to Sosua.

And about hanging out in Sosua I'm serious about that it's far better to get it out your system get the expat rate for p*ssy learn all the slang and curse words get totally burnt out then realize that these hoes ain't shyt then the rose colored glasses are off and when you do find the right girl you're used to all the scams you know what her cost of living is and what's realistic for something she actually needs and you'll have her respect if she sees you can't be easily played or too thirsty to fukk some thot that she happens to know.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
absolutely, when I go back to the DR I'm looking at Santiago because they just opened that Monorail and the traffic is way better than in SD.

Another reason why you'd want to live in a big city with diverse accomodation is 90% of housing in the DR is not built to code so if someone develops or builds a house in a small town it will be cheaper but it probably will get Hurricane damage.

Like I said about the DR Up is usally down and if you save money in one place you'll spend it somewhere else. Uber is only technically in Puerta Plata on the north coast so if you lived anywhere you'd either have to get a car or you'll be screwed by the Taxi mafia especially going back and forth to Sosua.

And about hanging out in Sosua I'm serious about that it's far better to get it out your system get the expat rate for p*ssy learn all the slang and curse words get totally burnt out then realize that these hoes ain't shyt then the rose colored glasses are off and when you do find the right girl you're used to all the scams you know what her cost of living is and what's realistic for something she actually needs and you'll have her respect if she sees you can't be easily played or too thirsty to fukk some thot that she happens to know.
Thats the thing. I'm not moved by those hoes. I know they selling p*ssy so Im not some simp going there thinking I can turn a 304 into a housewife. They're there strictly for me to drain my balls. I have seen some nice apts in Santiago for the low. My whip is paid off so I'll just ship it there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thats the thing. I'm not moved by those hoes. I know they selling p*ssy so Im not some simp going there thinking I can turn a 304 into a housewife. They're there strictly for me to drain my balls. I have seen some nice apts in Santiago for the low. My whip is paid off so I'll just ship it there.
you could ship your whip there gonna be a headache to get all the appropriate taxes tags and titles. Caculate the worth of shipping the car vs. buying or not buying. again traffic in SD is insane, and if you drive on the highways there's zero lights at night and if you crash no ambulance is gonna save you.

Frankly I haven't had a car since I moved overseas and don't miss it.

There's a ton of decent highrises in Santiago and some decent Condos in Puerta Plata however PP generally costs way more than Santiago mainly because of the lack of diversity of housing options in PP you have condos and seaside gringo houses and joints for working class dominicans which would likely not be what you'd be looking for.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
I need a midget someone point me in the right direction.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Went again last week, i'd give the trip a 3.5/5 had 5 sessions, 2 great, 1 good and 2 eh. The biggest issue I faced is that the women looked.. aight lol not ugly and thick in the right places but I think Santo Domingo and Colombia have women more my speed in terms of looks facially. Also, a lot of the women just were stuck up (wanting USD or wanting more than 4,000 pesos or not sucking dikk without a condom) It was hot as HELL! I would literally have to do something and then leave and get A/C (go to breakfast, grab money, go back to the hotel. Go the beach, spend some time out there and then go back to the hotel for A/C) Now I would explore and stay in the more upscale hotels or resorts in Sosua, Puerto Plata or Cabarete,; but yeah I def need to try out more than the Sou. @Wiseborn

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Went again last week, i'd give the trip a 3.5/5 had 5 sessions, 2 great, 1 good and 2 eh. The biggest issue I faced is that the women looked.. aight lol not ugly and thick in the right places but I think Santo Domingo and Colombia have women more my speed in terms of looks facially. Also, a lot of the women just were stuck up (wanting USD or wanting more than 4,000 pesos or not sucking dikk without a condom) It was hot as HELL! I would literally have to do something and then leave and get A/C (go to breakfast, grab money, go back to the hotel. Go the beach, spend some time out there and then go back to the hotel for A/C) Now I would explore and stay in the more upscale hotels or resorts in Sosua, Puerto Plata or Cabarete,; but yeah I def need to try out more than the Sou. @Wiseborn

Just got back from Cartagena...it was hot as fukk out there.

Yes the women look better face wise out there, but alot of the night spots are closing up so the scattered out there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You might be ready for the big leagues now that you got a few trips under your belt.

I'd consider branching out to Santo Domingo Bigger city, more to do, more hoes, better infrastructure, cold A/C cheaper over all than Sosua.

If you decide to hit up Santo Domingo You might want to stay at Hotel Discovery and hang out at Paco's Grands restaurant. Good food, Dynamite waitstaff and plenty of Passport bro expats to lace you with game.

I'd hit up Santo Domingo and el conde in Zona Colonial before trying Colombia.

If you do hit Colombia you'd probably perfer Cartagena again the Bros at Paco's can give you knowledge about Cartegena too.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from Cartagena...it was hot as fukk out there.

Yes the women look better face wise out there, but alot of the night spots are closing up so the scattered out there.
that's the other issue along with scoping

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You might be ready for the big leagues now that you got a few trips under your belt.

I'd consider branching out to Santo Domingo Bigger city, more to do, more hoes, better infrastructure, cold A/C cheaper over all than Sosua.

If you decide to hit up Santo Domingo You might want to stay at Hotel Discovery and hang out at Paco's Grands restaurant. Good food, Dynamite waitstaff and plenty of Passport bro expats to lace you with game.

I'd hit up Santo Domingo and el conde in Zona Colonial before trying Colombia.

If you do hit Colombia you'd probably perfer Cartagena again the Bros at Paco's can give you knowledge about Cartegena too.
yep that might be the next spot, what's your opinion of puerto plata and cabarete in making that the main trip with sosua as an added bonus? And what you stay at one of the resorts?