I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Man I had lived in Kenya for two years went back to the states for about ten days in the summer and like any american I cranked the A/C to the max and left it on.

When I flew down to SD I had pneumonia. I thought I had COVID.
Bruh I’m literally recovering right now because I did the same thing except I slept by the fan all night and spent the last 2 days of my trip sick.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bruh I’m literally recovering right now because I did the same thing except I slept by the fan all night and spent the last 2 days of my trip sick.
Yeah a white travel dusty said that A/C makes you sick and I thought he was just a cheap b*stard but he's right. And unless the humidity is 90% depending on how a house is situated you can get by with a fan, Until you can't. I stayed at a airbnb owned by an ADOS breh and the power went out for days. I ended up getting a hotel room.

But I do try to stay in places where I don't need A/C.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Again the language barrier is going to ice brothers out of most situations. You’re not getting play in the club with google translator. You’ve got music, loud talking and you’ve got to come up with a reason why you’re in her country to begin with. And you’re trying to do that passing your phone back and forth? :pachaha:

Then the broads that speak English are educated, and most likely middle/upper middle class. Guess what? They aren’t in tourists areas more often than not. And you still gotta have a reason why you’re there for them to fukk with you.

This leaves brothers vulnerable. Now they have to integrate predatory ass local men as defacto guides for the most basic of things:francis: siphoning dollars from their pockets on the low, taxis, drugs, women, etc. Or they enlist some young girl half their age who magically has nothing else to do for the day to show them around lol.

These brothers touch ground and look exactly like this

25b5d77557a3fbae3328774a3e69a839.jpg

My suggestion will always be to learn the language. It’s takes 3-6 months to have a baseline. It’ll also give you confidence
facts!!!

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Refresh my memory, what are Morenas again? They’re the lightskinned Hispanic women, right? The ones that look like Nadine Velazquez?

Also, I’m getting the impression they are. look at Saldana, and the girl you posted. It also doesn’t help that any kind of Afro-Latina celebrity or model I’ve seen that isn’t a rapper or has that thot vibe going on, is either laying up with cacs or Hispanic guys. I hear they have some deep rooted issues with blackness going on so I guess that kind of explains it. 🇩🇴 Seems nice and I’ll visit it when I start traveling, but that’s probably the last place I’d try to find a date in.
Moreno/Morena just means brown skin person, negro is for people who are Akon/Charlie murphy skin complexion

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Yeah a white travel dusty said that A/C makes you sick and I thought he was just a cheap b*stard but he's right. And unless the humidity is 90% depending on how a house is situated you can get by with a fan, Until you can't. I stayed at a airbnb owned by an ADOS breh and the power went out for days. I ended up getting a hotel room.

But I do try to stay in places where I don't need A/C.
the cheat code for dusty a/c's in hotel rooms is camphor cubes (alcanfor in spanish) these little cubes you put 1 or 2 in a large glass bowl (you could use plastic too improvise and cut the top of a plastic gallon of water to form a makeshift bowl) near the ac vent and it helps to clean the air giving it a nice menthol/eucalyptus scent kills insects too. Game changer for me always had bad allergies and dusty air clogs me up.

Also the insect part is key brah years ago I was playing overseas in Venezuela and I was at a nice hotel too but went to sleep and woke up to a weird clicking noise then discovered it was a big ass centipede doing the harlem shake dying cause the camphor in the air was killing it finished it with a big ass stomp but I kid you not MF looked like the centipedes from the king kong movie :damn:

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
the cheat code for dusty a/c's in hotel rooms is camphor cubes (alcanfor in spanish) these little cubes you put 1 or 2 in a large glass bowl (you could use plastic too improvise and cut the top of a plastic gallon of water to form a makeshift bowl) near the ac vent and it helps to clean the air giving it a nice menthol/eucalyptus scent kills insects too. Game changer for me always had bad allergies and dusty air clogs me up.

Also the insect part is key brah years ago I was playing overseas in Venezuela and I was at a nice hotel too but went to sleep and woke up to a weird clicking noise then discovered it was a big ass centipede doing the harlem shake dying cause the camphor in the air was killing it finished it with a big ass stomp but I kid you not MF looked like the centipedes from the king kong movie :damn:
That's a good idea with the camphor cubes.

You should post more travel hacks.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is why they're kicking those shacks off the beach. Finger better walk light homie's Haitian They could easily deport him to Haiti.
You probably met him, and I'm pretty sure a couple of other members here have as well. Based off this one video he seems like an okay guy, but they just broadcasting this way too much.

I get it, in that it creates another revenue stream for him (this YouTube stuff), and that revenue he can invest back into whatever he's doing out there,
but in the grander scheme of things, it's making things worse for everyone else (which will eventually include him as well).

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
Which is why they're kicking those shacks off the beach. Finger better walk light homie's Haitian They could easily deport him to Haiti.

You probably met him, and I'm pretty sure a couple of other members here have as well. Based off this one video he seems like an okay guy, but they just broadcasting this way too much.

I get it, in that it creates another revenue stream for him (this YouTube stuff), and that revenue he can invest back into whatever he's doing out there,
but in the grander scheme of things, it's making things worse for everyone else (which will eventually include him as well).

He deserves to go home. Imagine immigrating to a country and openly advertising prostitution. :snoop: It’s not only shortsighted, it’s disrespectful. You’re merely a guest.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

i have met him. you cant miss him. hes cool but he kind of presses you out to eat at his spotb

I have met him you literally cant miss him. He will kinda of press you out to eat at his spot but like most of the beach shack businesses i dont know anyone who actually ate their food.

nikkaa really be youtuber masqurading as business onwers. Damn near every youtuber except Taylor has a fake restaurant

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He will kinda of press you out to eat at his spot but like most of the beach shack businesses i dont know anyone who actually ate their food

I only watched the one video that I posted. I do want to check out some of his other stuff before he eventually gets taken down.

I know some cats are living their 2nd Childhood out there (and I can't blame them, because you only live once, and your money does stretch further out there), but I can't see anyone that's not a local Dominican (or at least has long-time family ties out there) "pressing" me out there for anything. Unless you meant "press" as far just being kind of annoying by constantly asking you to the point of almost begging.

Like I said, I'll check out some of his other videos.