I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
I'm staying in cabarete now. We got an Airbnb.

You not coming till Halloween? If it’s a group, rent a car. A simple CRV or Hyundai Cantu/Tuscon. There is absolutely no need to go big baller out here. Just a waste of money.

Cabarete to Sosua is a 10-15 minute drive straight shot.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
no in the thirid workd nikkas want their cash upfront. so they take cash only just swit h to cash option in settings on uber
you can also set up a pin number so that it proves that you took the ride
Uber charges them a fee. It’s better for them to accept and cancel the ride and make the passenger pay in cash. They are also doing you a lowkey favor as you don’t want your credit card/debit card floating everywhere especially for small transactions. This is scammer central only second to Jamaica.

Ace live pivoted, so did Czech effect (sp) and they are undoubtedly pulling better looking and quality women than the mongers with half of the effort and none of the sleeze.

Also they had to leave the RD. The culture here is conservative when you peel back the layers and classism plays a big part of that. In comparison to Colombia and Brazil which are massive countries landmass and population wise, they are culturally more liberal so a woman hopping on the YouTube isn’t nefarious. You can’t film in Santiago like that and even Santo Domingo. Watch these guys YouTube’s trying to film and you’ll see Dominicans largely don’t interact with them, especially the women, because it’s creepy and embarrassing for them.
Damn he got me then, I paid $30 on Uber and $60 in cash to go from puerto plata to Santiago.

Daps
My opinion on this differs. The hardest women to pull in this country are morenas with money. The same women I said before that you will most likely have access to in Santo Domingo are the same ones that have a guard up about foreigners and do not care about you being American. Most of those women have a 10 year tourist visa to visit their family in the states. They visit casa de campo and Santo Domingo nautical club on the weekends. They look like Zoe Saldana or Yaritza Reyes

yaritza-y-su-novio-750x500.jpg

Her husband by the way. We all know what Zoe Saldana’s husband looks like.

Reason why you’ll have access to them is because Santo Domingo is scalable. You can find all the dimes in restaurants in Pianitini, Naco, Bilini Hotel restaurant in Zona Colonial, Maraca’s etc. The women in Santiago, you’re not going to find because the city layout is trash for a visitor. You need a car and most of y’all aren’t driving.

Reality is the gringo boost died a long time ago. World is smaller. The women that still care you should probably avoid lol. I don’t think Afrolatinas worship whiteness. That’s a simplified answer to me and my experiences at least here in the RD don’t. Classism is huge and culture.

A perfect example is one of the monger if YouTubers who posts nothing but beat Dominican broads, started off in Las Terrenas. I saw that and laughed because he wasn’t going to get the content he wanted in that area. He’s unattractive and swag less and in an area where hot and rich white/brown Dominicans are integrated and hanging with Germans, French, Swiss and Italians that live there. So they are picking the top ones. This stretches all the way to Las Galeras. Now that YouTuber is in Sosua :pachaha: :francis:

@Wiseborn is correct. The irreparable damage done is crazy. I’m always in Las Terrenas. The best beaches are there in my opinion. I have my social group who are made up of the aforementioned. One time I ordered drinks and the old Italian was fishing, he started speaking to me in French. I speak French as well but an obvious accent. He asked where I was from and I told him America. He said he thought I was French or Haitian. Swag, customs, demeanor, and location. But this is a reoccurring theme unfortunately.
Refresh my memory, what are Morenas again? They’re the lightskinned Hispanic women, right? The ones that look like Nadine Velazquez?

Also, I’m getting the impression they are. look at Saldana, and the girl you posted. It also doesn’t help that any kind of Afro-Latina celebrity or model I’ve seen that isn’t a rapper or has that thot vibe going on, is either laying up with cacs or Hispanic guys. I hear they have some deep rooted issues with blackness going on so I guess that kind of explains it. 🇩🇴 Seems nice and I’ll visit it when I start traveling, but that’s probably the last place I’d try to find a date in.

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
Refresh my memory, what are Morenas again? They’re the lightskinned Hispanic women, right? The ones that look like Nadine Velazquez?

Also, I’m getting the impression they are. look at Saldana, and the girl you posted. It also doesn’t help that any kind of Afro-Latina celebrity or model I’ve seen that isn’t a rapper or has that thot vibe going on, is either laying up with cacs or Hispanic guys. I hear they have some deep rooted issues with blackness going on so I guess that kind of explains it. 🇩🇴 Seems nice and I’ll visit it when I start traveling, but that’s probably the last place I’d try to find a date in.

Good post. Good dialogue.

Moreno(masculine) means brown skinned and is interchangeable with black/negro. But the usage of the word negro is only used descriptive or in positive manner more often then not. Moreno can be from Big Papi who is obviously black to Alex Rodriguez types.

Thats why you’ll hear “negra bella” (beautiful black) or “negro guapo” (handsome black) in common language. The discrepancy in the usage of the word black is historically problematic in Dominican society. You’ve seen or heard those phrases and they are prefacing the word “black” with a positive description. That’s not happenstance.

The use of moreno started pre and post slavery (slavery was significantly different in DR versus Haiti). Majority of black Dominicans in Dominican Republic are descended from free people in the Dominican Republic, so that’s where a large misunderstanding comes from. Before you read further read that sentence again.

Example: Al Horford who’s grandfather is from the Bahamas. It’s almost a guarantee that side was enslaved at some point in Bahamas, but were free upon arrival in the late 1800’s to the DR to work in sugar plantations (bateys) in San Pedro Macoris, but I guarantee if you asked Al Horford he would struggle with answering whether he is or black or not or whether he descends from slaves because his history in the DR weren’t enslaved. This is consistent with every census report and just the overall history of the DR that is lost in translation.

“Approximately 9,648 slaves remain in Santo Domingo. With decline of sugar production, some slaves are sold elsewhere, while others escape into the interior of the island or die of epidemic diseases”

Moreno was used to describe “freemen” as well as to make a distinction between the newly arrival and larger black slave population of Haiti. They arrived directly from Africa a whole 150-175 years after what we know as “Dominicans” today who not only had a decimated population but had a significant mixed raced population by this point.

So “black” will always garner a :patrice: in the manner it is used because historically it’s associated with “enslaved” within this society. And more recently “African American”. You’ll also hear “rubia” (blonde) in reference to a fair skinned women. It also could mean describing a blonde haired woman obviously, and “indio” (Indian) describing someone who has Indigenous Taino blood, which is pretty much 75 percent of the population. The only subject in school here that is required in Spanish is history. And that’s why a lot of what is interpreted as “self hate” is really a lack of understanding of history here. Of course “one boat, different stops” is how we contextualize histories but it’s just not going to work here. While some parts intertwine a large part diverges.

You add in the identity of Dominican, everyone is just Dominican. If you have Dominican blood. Whether poor, rich, white, black, etc the culture is Dominican. There is no black Dominican culture, white Dominican culture, might be “Tigre” (street savvy) versus “Popis” (posh, preppy, American) but it’s still Dominican. Whereas we as black Americans are saying “we feel more American outside of America”. :pachaha:

That’s the difference. If you don’t understand that fundamental difference then yeh ideologically things will appear self hating or anti black to you, and I’m not saying that shyt don’t exist because it can. But it’s not in the manner you think.

Your second point about quality of women or Afro Latinas with cacs or white hispanics, again I just gave you a crash course on the historical identity at least here. Have you seen Zoe Saldana’s mom? Most have a direct white, black and mixed parent, sibling along with the history you’re not going to get a rigid dating preference.

Reality is brothers are coming for the cyn santanas. You see it here in this thread. Brehs want the BBL’s, milky skinned Latinas. Talk to the morenas here and they won’t even think you want them. A lot think you’re not here for them and more often the ones with good education, money, come from a good family are going to be around, but you’re probably just going to go the path of least resistance

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Damn he got me then, I paid $30 on Uber and $60 in cash to go from puerto plata to Santiago.
Yeah pleghboi he did.

The worse thing about Puerto Plata City and Sosua is the damn Taxi Mafia Go to Montellano, La Union, Caberte and it's not like that.

You'd be better off just hitting up Rego Taxi to get rides on the North Coast. I'm not sure what tit costs to go from say the Puerto Plata city Malecon to Pedro Clisante in Sosua but it's not no where near 30 USD, In fact run whenever you hear anyone quote you in USD outside of the states it's ALWAYS a scam.

Ask around in Flip Flop's, Kings, or Bailee's what the correct price for a ride is find at least 4 cab drivers/ Motoconcho's that's reliable and honest and use them exclusively.

Either pay cash for Uber/ Indriver/ Didi (Didi is the cheapest and most reliable in Latin America) or pay credit NEVER PAY A DIME MORE THAT WHAT"S QUOTED ON THE APP.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You not coming till Halloween? If it’s a group, rent a car. A simple CRV or Hyundai Cantu/Tuscon. There is absolutely no need to go big baller out here. Just a waste of money.

Cabarete to Sosua is a 10-15 minute drive straight shot.
Renting a car is a good idea that way you can see more of the country and you're not subject to the whims of the Taxi Mafia for your movements.

I don't know where you're flying from but if you're flying into Santo Domingo the Rentals in Boca chica is cheaper and more honest than the rental companies in the north.

Caberete is too far to rent a golf cart but if you're in Sosua proper a Golf cart or scooter would be a good choice too. shyt some local chicas have scooters have the hoes give you a tour after you nut.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah pleghboi he did.

The worse thing about Puerto Plata City and Sosua is the damn Taxi Mafia Go to Montellano, La Union, Caberte and it's not like that.

You'd be better off just hitting up Rego Taxi to get rides on the North Coast. I'm not sure what tit costs to go from say the Puerto Plata city Malecon to Pedro Clisante in Sosua but it's not no where near 30 USD, In fact run whenever you hear anyone quote you in USD outside of the states it's ALWAYS a scam.

Ask around in Flip Flop's, Kings, or Bailee's what the correct price for a ride is find at least 4 cab drivers/ Motoconcho's that's reliable and honest and use them exclusively.

Either pay cash for Uber/ Indriver/ Didi (Didi is the cheapest and most reliable in Latin America) or pay credit NEVER PAY A DIME MORE THAT WHAT"S QUOTED ON THE APP.
It’s all good. I figured I would get finessed my first time there but my girls stepfather is a cab driver so I was straight for the rest of the trip and whenever I go back. I rode around for free for the rest of the trip but I gave him $10000 DOP when he dropped me off.

And besides, I like to try to help the people as much as I can. I wouldnt even notice $60 missing from my account but to him It probably meant a lot. There was a Haitian house cleaner that helped me look for something I accidently threw away. I gave her $40 for helping me and her and the receptionist were both like :gladbron::blessed:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

You'd have to spend time on the island but i thought that way too, There is low key racism on the Island but they really kinda don't see race the same way we do. You go to Santo Domingo and the vast majority of couples you see will be Dark skinned Man light skinned woman or vice versa.

I insinuted that a lightskinned chick didn't like Haitians and she said My Baby father is from Haiti. It's almost like they're trying to keep the gene pool mixed because you'd almost have to go out of your way to date a Morena or Negra

A Morena would be considered a Black person in the states unless they say it for political reasons you have to be darker than Akon to be considered Negra.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Renting a car is a good idea that way you can see more of the country and you're not subject to the whims of the Taxi Mafia for your movements.

I don't know where you're flying from but if you're flying into Santo Domingo the Rentals in Boca chica is cheaper and more honest than the rental companies in the north.

Caberete is too far to rent a golf cart but if you're in Sosua proper a Golf cart or scooter would be a good choice too. shyt some local chicas have scooters have the hoes give you a tour after you nut.
Is it much safer to drive outside of Santiago? I want to rent a car but they way they drive is insane :hubie:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s all good. I figured I would get finessed my first time there but my girls stepfather is a cab driver so I was straight for the rest of the trip and whenever I go back. I rode around for free for the rest of the trip but I gave him $10000 DOP when he dropped me off.

And besides, I like to try to help the people as much as I can. I wouldnt even notice $60 missing from my account but to him It probably meant a lot. There was a Haitian house cleaner that helped me look for something I accidently threw away. I gave her $40 for helping me and her and the receptionist were both like :gladbron::blessed:
That's the way to go, you build friendships by doing business with locals who do right by you. That accomplishes two things you get clicked in with locals and you reward honest people.

In the DR nothing is ever really free there's always the expectation of a Propina (tip). I collasped at Agora Mall (one of the nicest malls in Santo Domingo) They got me in a wheelchair and into an ambo. I saw the dude at the cabstand who helped me in the ambo he asked me for a tip.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Is it much safer to drive outside of Santiago? I want to rent a car but they way they drive is insane :hubie:
That's an issue if you drive yourself be prepared to hand out cash because it will always be YOUR FAULT even if you get rear ended.

It is safe to drive the highways in the daytime in Puerto Plata & Caberete and anywhere outisde of maybe Pedro it's safe but at night you got random people cossing the roads people speeding while drunk, Motoconchos and absolutely no street lights what so ever. Outside of Sosua and really Pedro there will be massive potholes that can damage a tire.

Get plenty of insurance the best is insurance with you're credit card (if you have a good credit card) and ten cuidado ( be careful).

that guy

Superstar
Daps
That's the way to go, you build friendships by doing business with locals who do right by you. That accomplishes two things you get clicked in with locals and you reward honest people.

In the DR nothing is ever really free there's always the expectation of a Propina (tip). I collasped at Agora Mall (one of the nicest malls in Santo Domingo) They got me in a wheelchair and into an ambo. I saw the dude at the cabstand who helped me in the ambo he asked me for a tip.
Damn bro I hope you’re ok but that was funny asf :russ:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Good post. Good dialogue.

Moreno(masculine) means brown skinned and is interchangeable with black/negro. But the usage of the word negro is only used descriptive or in positive manner more often then not. Moreno can be from Big Papi who is obviously black to Alex Rodriguez types.

Thats why you’ll hear “negra bella” (beautiful black) or “negro guapo” (handsome black) in common language. The discrepancy in the usage of the word black is historically problematic in Dominican society. You’ve seen or heard those phrases and they are prefacing the word “black” with a positive description. That’s not happenstance.

The use of moreno started pre and post slavery (slavery was significantly different in DR versus Haiti). Majority of black Dominicans in Dominican Republic are descended from free people in the Dominican Republic, so that’s where a large misunderstanding comes from. Before you read further read that sentence again.

Example: Al Horford who’s grandfather is from the Bahamas. It’s almost a guarantee that side was enslaved at some point in Bahamas, but were free upon arrival in the late 1800’s to the DR to work in sugar plantations (bateys) in San Pedro Macoris, but I guarantee if you asked Al Horford he would struggle with answering whether he is or black or not or whether he descends from slaves because his history in the DR weren’t enslaved. This is consistent with every census report and just the overall history of the DR that is lost in translation.

“Approximately 9,648 slaves remain in Santo Domingo. With decline of sugar production, some slaves are sold elsewhere, while others escape into the interior of the island or die of epidemic diseases”

Moreno was used to describe “freemen” as well as to make a distinction between the newly arrival and larger black slave population of Haiti. They arrived directly from Africa a whole 150-175 years after what we know as “Dominicans” today who not only had a decimated population but had a significant mixed raced population by this point.

So “black” will always garner a :patrice: in the manner it is used because historically it’s associated with “enslaved” within this society. And more recently “African American”. You’ll also hear “rubia” (blonde) in reference to a fair skinned women. It also could mean describing a blonde haired woman obviously, and “indio” (Indian) describing someone who has Indigenous Taino blood, which is pretty much 75 percent of the population. The only subject in school here that is required in Spanish is history. And that’s why a lot of what is interpreted as “self hate” is really a lack of understanding of history here. Of course “one boat, different stops” is how we contextualize histories but it’s just not going to work here. While some parts intertwine a large part diverges.

You add in the identity of Dominican, everyone is just Dominican. If you have Dominican blood. Whether poor, rich, white, black, etc the culture is Dominican. There is no black Dominican culture, white Dominican culture, might be “Tigre” (street savvy) versus “Popis” (posh, preppy, American) but it’s still Dominican. Whereas we as black Americans are saying “we feel more American outside of America”. :pachaha:

That’s the difference. If you don’t understand that fundamental difference then yeh ideologically things will appear self hating or anti black to you, and I’m not saying that shyt don’t exist because it can. But it’s not in the manner you think.

Your second point about quality of women or Afro Latinas with cacs or white hispanics, again I just gave you a crash course on the historical identity at least here. Have you seen Zoe Saldana’s mom? Most have a direct white, black and mixed parent, sibling along with the history you’re not going to get a rigid dating preference.

Reality is brothers are coming for the cyn santanas. You see it here in this thread. Brehs want the BBL’s, milky skinned Latinas. Talk to the morenas here and they won’t even think you want them. A lot think you’re not here for them and more often the ones with good education, money, come from a good family are going to be around, but you’re probably just going to go the path of least resistance
This is the long breakdown.

Absolutely the skinny minnie Haitianas and Afro Dominicanas will think that you don't want them and the majority of the time they're right. Go to Rick's Cafe or Jolly Roger and the only thing Black in those bars will be the women

Go to Merengue's, Blue Ice, bailee's or Kings and you will see BBLéd copies of Cyn Santana.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Damn bro I hope you’re ok but that was funny asf :russ:
Man I had lived in Kenya for two years went back to the states for about ten days in the summer and like any american I cranked the A/C to the max and left it on.

When I flew down to SD I had pneumonia. I thought I had COVID.