I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s Wednesday and after Memorial Day so it’s slow
If i were you I'd go down to the capital and comeback on thursday if possible.

Or you could go to Oasis or Blackbeards

How's the Anhvee? I heard Ankiyele (the put it your mouth rapper) is handling the entertainment for Anhvee/KOD

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Staying 4 nights
Hotel - New Garden (kinda shyt to be honest)
Get my bearings today
Do some excursions tomorrow
Screw some women in between
The Monkey park is cool, The water park in Puerta Plata is nice. You can take 10 dollar windsurfing lessons in Caberete (Don't try to swim at Caberete beach unless you're avery experienced swimmer)

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Tbf this describes most non-black countries including our own. You'd never go anywhere if this stopped you. I mean literally everything from the Great wall of china to the Giza pyramids to Roman coliseum are in places that despise black people on general principle.

But From my travels, the minute you leave the US you are not treated like a black person, you are simply an American. We effectively get to ride the coat tails of US imperialism. At worst, we are seen as an ATM; at best we are seen as cool trend setters.

I'll never forget the locals in Luxor treating local black Sudanese like trash only to walk up to me with some " yo-yo-yo how you doin' my BROTHA ? Oh, you from Atlanta? Do you know Panda (desiigner) ?" :gladbron:
exactly, You get treated like a white person by everyone.

I remember when I was in London in 97 working with some white South Africans and one of them was going to invite me to their independence day party when they thought better of it.

The white south africans left because they couldn't stand to live under the regime of Mandele.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You'd save a about 100 to 150 if you flew into Santo Domingo and drove or took the bus up.
Yeah but for me it's always about convenience :manny:

I fly into POP and I'm at my villa in about 40 minutes

dudes have LITERALLY been saying this since 2010 :mjlol:
Things have definitely changed since then...you can't deny that

And the DR government is fixated on "cleaning up" Sosua and turning it into a family oriented tourist spot as opposed to what it is now

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Mayor or whatever, dude has these nasty long fingernails
what made you decide to go to Sosua specifically?

How is the room (be brutally honest)

Did anything in my thread help in any way?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Tip for those going to Sosua

There's a bakery in Sosua Abajo The Bubu Bakery that joint is hitting especially for Breakfast and since it's not in El Batey on Pedro Clisante or Dr Rosen it's not overpriced. If you take.a Moto don't pay a dime over 400 pesos in the daytime. It's a cool place to people watch and no youtubers go over there.

The Beach on the other side of Playa Sosua (the one where you get harrassed by a billion vendors) is the beach where the locals are everything is cheaper there and it's the real Sosua and worth checking out. basically you get Playa Sosua without all the vendors and it's cleaner It should cost around 2 to 300 pesos to get there.