I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
aren’t Dominicans notably racist :dahell: I never understood brehs who continually spend money in a country that treats black citizens as subhuman.
Tbf this describes most non-black countries including our own. You'd never go anywhere if this stopped you. I mean literally everything from the Great wall of china to the Giza pyramids to Roman coliseum are in places that despise black people on general principle.

But From my travels, the minute you leave the US you are not treated like a black person, you are simply an American. We effectively get to ride the coat tails of US imperialism. At worst, we are seen as an ATM; at best we are seen as cool trend setters.

I'll never forget the locals in Luxor treating local black Sudanese like trash only to walk up to me with some " yo-yo-yo how you doin' my BROTHA ? Oh, you from Atlanta? Do you know Panda (desiigner) ?" :gladbron:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
1. Ya'll are making Sosua hot by making YT videos and constantly talking about it online...eventually what made that place enjoyable will no longer exist

2. If you're going to Sosua just fly into POP...
You'd save a about 100 to 150 if you flew into Santo Domingo and drove or took the bus up.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’m not YT anything and although I agree I did get info from those videos
2. POP is only doing 3 flights per day at 1000 round trip, plus a large layover.
Which Youtuber turned out to be the most informative/ honest?

That dude Dog team admitted to doing Hotel reviews without even staying a night in the hotel.