I'm helping to raise my nephew... And i've never had to do this before...

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
His mom and dad both passed away... He ran away to my mom which pretty much means I'm the one to do all the bullshyt for him.

He's a good kid, but still.. I'm not supposed to be doing this shyt:damn:

Sorry to hear they died. Did they have insurance?

I know how you feel. I have to help with my sister kids and honestly these kids are going to be food out here in the real world.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Sorry to hear they died. Did they have insurance?

I know how you feel. I have to help with my sister kids and honestly these kids are going to be food out here in the real world.
I'm sorry too.. My aunt was a special woman.

She died while I was gone.. Then his pops died and he was a good dude despite his faults. He looked after his son

After that, my nephew lived with people that he felt like didn't have his best interest at heart. Smart kid, but he was like me.. We dip..

He dipped to my mom but she was out of town, so I scooped him and been pretty much taking care of him since. I'm not mad, but fukk... Didn't expect this much work where i'm at, i made a point to not have kids... I just wanna drink and fukk around

But I'm gonna be the drunk uncle in flip flops making sure he get off the bus it seems:beli:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I know but WHAT THE fukk

:gucci:

There isn't an emoji that explains how I feel... I literally have no idea wtf I'm doing
That's parenting in a nutshell.
I have a 1 year old son and an 11 year old daughter.
Soon as you think you have all the answers something new pops up.
There isn't a cookie cutter one size fits all answer to parenting. All you can do is follow your gut and love them with all you got.

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
His mom and dad both passed away... He ran away to my mom which pretty much means I'm the one to do all the bullshyt for him.

He's a good kid, but still.. I'm not supposed to be doing this shyt:damn:

You're taking care of your bother (sister's?) kid after they've passed. That is what family is for, so get used to it.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I always said if anything happens to my sister n brother in law I will raise my niece's and nephew. Likewise with my girl nephew.

Your doing good breh, you may have saved him from drug, jail depression , being a single dad
I feel like it could be worse but i got my own issuses.

I feel guilty saying that though. He really is a good kid and he's been through hell. So I'm learning to listen to him as a man no matter how stupid his logic is to me. I had the same mindset at his age, he wants to get out and do something but he has to have a plan

It's weird even saying that to me honestly. It's weird trying to teach someone similar to you but not as advanced in thinking. It comes off as preaching and its not my style which makes me look back at it like :mindblown: