Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@xCivicx

in case anyone is losing track

four outstanding and unanswered questions

aka

Momentum - Wikipedia

you see this effect when a car/bike hits a wall or when a pilot ejects out of a plane.

e.g.

iu

if momentum was not conserved once the dummy left the bike it would stop moving.

everything on your computer is a computer rendering ..

here is a non-composite picture of earth taken from space by cassini

imagescassini20130722pia17171-440.width-640.jpg

notice anything about the shape?

you flipped from "all" to "you".

your actual implied claim is that ALL scientists (including the experimenters and the teachers) are just "doing what they are told".

your written claim is that "you .. (OP) is just doing what 'you' are told".

experimenters and those with first hand data must be wilfully ignoring some of that data (by your logic) and not just "doing what they have been told".

ditto nasa, astronauts, pilots, ship captains, missile manufacturers, gps designers .. et al.

what does the "inauthenticity" of 1 video prove?

and yeah i would like an answer ..

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Not really

When you're taught from birth to mentally shut down at certain topics and when you're only given accreditation by completing a certain path of scientific coursework, you don't have a hand in furthering any kind of "hoax"

You're just doing what you were trained to do
So all the scientists, analysts, pilots, engineers etc in every country are being tricked and are too stupid to figure it out. Except you. Are you the smartest person in the world?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I honestly don't know what a valid picture would look like

This would suggest that you are not here to learn, but to deny every piece of evidence that you ask for.

I mean, you asked for those images... why ask for something you're going to immediately deny? What's the objective, here?

Personally, this is one of the reasons why I argue with Flat Earthers, to prove they're being dishonest. I've asked you for a model, you didn't give me one (or rather one you believe in); I've asked you for evidence of your claims, you haven't given me any; when I provide experiments that are easily replicable, you just move on as if I haven't addressed the concern.

What is your goal here, exactly? If you don't know what a valid picture would look like, how do you know what an invalid picture looks like?

I mean, in order to know something is wrong, you have to know what is right first. 2+2=4 only makes sense when you know what a "2" is, you feel me?

This is supposed to be an official Japanese government video of the earth from the moon. It looks ridiculous to me

In this video and those photos, the moon just looks like a computer rendering to me

Things we've never seen before or have little experience with tend to look strange (or even ridiculous).

The most important thing to me is how uniform every piece of evidence scientists provide is. All the imagery, measurements, math and amateur photography match up.

I am a skeptic by nature. My daily life is filled with arguing with people whose claims I find dubious, so I do understand where you're coming from questioning everything. That's healthy.

What I don't think is healthy is you questioning everything without providing an alternative.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
So all the scientists, analysts, pilots, engineers etc in every country are being tricked and are too stupid to figure it out. Except you. Are you the smartest person in the world?
Not at all

As I said, we are all taught from birth to completely shut down mentally when it comes to flat earth

There's literally no other concept that we are taught in school just to be told NOT to believe it. That in itself is suspect

And obviously I learned what I learned from someone else, just like they learned from someone etc etc

I smart enough to know that I don't know anything

I'm smart enough to know that if person A knows that person B will believe anything person A says without question, then person A can literally just tell person B whatever person A wants person B to believe

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Not at all

As I said, we are all taught from birth to completely shut down mentally when it comes to flat earth

There's literally no other concept that we are taught in school just to be told NOT to believe it. That in itself is suspect

And obviously I learned what I learned from someone else, just like they learned from someone etc etc

I smart enough to know that I don't know anything

I'm smart enough to know that if person A knows that person B will believe anything person A says without question, then person A can literally just tell person B whatever person A wants person B to believe

Is there a picture/model of what you think the earth looks like?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This would suggest that you are not here to learn, but to deny every piece of evidence that you ask for.

I mean, you asked for those images... why ask for something you're going to immediately deny? What's the objective, here?

Personally, this is one of the reasons why I argue with Flat Earthers, to prove they're being dishonest. I've asked you for a model, you didn't give me one (or rather one you believe in); I've asked you for evidence of your claims, you haven't given me any; when I provide experiments that are easily replicable, you just move on as if I haven't addressed the concern.

What is your goal here, exactly? If you don't know what a valid picture would look like, how do you know what an invalid picture looks like?

I mean, in order to know something is wrong, you have to know what is right first. 2+2=4 only makes sense when you know what a "2" is, you feel me?

Things we've never seen before or have little experience with tend to look strange (or even ridiculous).

The most important thing to me is how uniform every piece of evidence scientists provide is. All the imagery, measurements, math and amateur photography match up.

I am a skeptic by nature. My daily life is filled with arguing with people whose claims I find dubious, so I do understand where you're coming from questioning everything. That's healthy.

What I don't think is healthy is you questioning everything without providing an alternative.
Ok

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Is there a picture/model of what you think the earth looks like?
I believe I posted one earlier in the thread and I believe I said it was not exactly to scale

Iirc I was told that it wasn't good enough

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I believe I posted one earlier in the thread and I believe I said it was not exactly to scale

Iirc I was told that it wasn't good enough

Well yeah, I told you it wasn't good enough because you stated openly that you don't actually believe in that model.

For us, we "believe" in the Globe Model. It supports observation and all the available evidence and it fits the math.

If we can get what you *actually* believe in, we could draw definitive conclusions from it.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Well yeah, I told you it wasn't good enough because you stated openly that you don't actually believe in that model.

For us, we "believe" in the Globe Model. It supports observation and all the available evidence and it fits the math.

If we can get what you *actually* believe in, we could draw definitive conclusions from it.
But the official maps that we use aren't even to scale

Africa is undersized and Europe is oversized

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
But the official maps that we use aren't even to scale

Africa is undersized and Europe is oversized

Are you referring to a Mercator Map?

We have other maps that accurately represent scale, such as the Dymaxion Map: