I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do all people who go to GA tech believe the earth is flat?

Also did you post information from the GT site
:heh:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Who said I was supposed to post a degree when I stated a few pages back that I dropped out after 4 years?

Have you been reading the thread?
No not all 54 pages, I didn't think the question was whether or not you attended the school. There are millions of people who went to college and smoked their way in a couple years. Not my fight though.
:hubie:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
No not all 54 pages, I didn't think the question was whether or not you attended the school. There are millions of people who went to college and smoked their way in a couple years. Not my fight though.
:hubie:
So you should probably stop posting if you don't know what you're posting about :hubie:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What made you change your mind did you see the ice wall?
All of the questions I ask in every flat earth thread made me change my mind

The fact that no one can reproduce the phenomena of water sticking to a ball made me change my mind

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
FLIGHT ON A BALL

The CORIOLIS EFFECT, is a term created by heliocentrists. It is NOT a flat earth concept. Google the CORIOLIS EFFECT, and this is what comes up:
What is Coriolis effect in simple terms?

The Coriolis Effect - Currents: NOAA's National Ocean Service ...

Because the Earth rotates on its axis, circulating air is deflected toward the right in the Northern Hemisphere and toward the left in the Southern Hemisphere. This deflection is called the Coriolis effect.

CORIOLIS FORCE
In physics, the Coriolis force is an inertial or fictitious force that acts on objects in motion within a frame of reference that rotates with respect to an inertial frame. In a reference frame with clockwise rotation, the force acts to the left of the motion of the object. In one with anticlockwise (or counterclockwise) rotation, the force acts to the right. Deflection of an object due to the Coriolis force is called the Coriolis effect. Though recognized previously by others, the mathematical expression for the Coriolis force appeared in an 1835 paper by French scientist Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis, in connection with the theory of water wheels. Early in the 20th century, the term Coriolis force began to be used in connection with meteorology.

In short this means that while standing on the earth's surface, you're rotating at the same rate of speed as the earth(1000 mph eastward at the equator, with that number reducing the further away from the equator and the closer to the poles that you move)

What this ALSO MEANS, is that once you LEAVE the earth's surface, you are no longer rotating at the same rate of speed as the earth's surface. Wind resistance(apparently) immediately slows your rate of rotation.

Again, this is a heliocentric concept. It has nothing to do with flat earth

My question is this:

Say you're flying due north, from peru to ecuador(the equator). How does a plane flying 600mph directly north, land on an air strip moving 1000mph directly east? That kind of difference in force and direction should essentially destroy the landing gear on a plane, since they're mainly only reinforced for the direction that the plane is moving

Also, when landing during a flight, how come no one feels the immediate jolt of suddenly moving 1000mph east with the surface of the earth again?

I encourage anyone except the banned person to answer these questions for me

@Mike Nasty