I'm around 136 pounds, how many cals do I need to eat per day to start bulking?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:damn:

2500 should do it

:why:

I CUT at 2500 calories, at 5'9' 165 lbs.

I have been eating at 3400 for the last two weeks and lost 0.2 lbs

Throwing around a generic number doesn't really work, it all boils down to individual metabolism combined with physical activity.

For someone the OP's size, I'm throwing out a bare minimum 3000 calories to start. Re-evaluate after 2 or 3 weeks and see if you are gaining. Bump to 3500 if not.

OP....if you are poor, the simple solution is pasta and rice. A lot of it. Pasta preferably because it doesn't get bloated with water as much, it is the cheapest way to get calories in bulk without filling up your stomach too much. Don't worry about whether it is whole wheat pasta either.....yes, whole wheat is preferable due to the fiber content but you obviously have a tough time eating enough as it is so go with the shyt that you can pound down.

Not sure if you can afford olive oil, but pasta drizzled with olive oil and some chicken (whatever cut you can afford) is the way to go. Or if you can find a cheaper protein source then chicken, go with that.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
props for this

I'm tryna hit around 150 - 155 so according to that I'm not too far off with the calories, I just gotta stop eating shyt with so much sodium :sadcam:

That video does not take into account physical activity which includes both exercise and NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis). Your NEAT is probably very high, which is hypothesized to be the actual mechanism that has the biggest effect for people who claim to have fast metabolisms.

2250 aint gonna get you where you want to go, unless you are a sedentary chick or an old geezer.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
For the past two weeks I've been eating shakes with oatmeal, scoop of peanut butter, milk, and protein powder. I put on 6 lbs. As far as exercise, I've just been doing Insanity.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
For the past two weeks I've been eating shakes with oatmeal, scoop of peanut butter, milk, and protein powder. I put on 6 lbs. As far as exercise, I've just been doing Insanity.

I notice a lot of folks say they substitute meals with shakes and still put on weight

they don't have you shyttin tho? :lupe: I would think a liquid diet like that would have a nikka with the squirts all the time

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I notice a lot of folks say they substitute meals with shakes and still put on weight

they don't have you shyttin tho? :lupe: I would think a liquid diet like that would have a nikka with the squirts all the time
I basically just eat it for lunch and some pasta for dinner. If you got any type of aversion to milk then yeah you going be shytting.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

Throwing around a generic number doesn't really work, it all boils down to individual metabolism combined with physical activity.

For someone the OP's size, I'm throwing out a bare minimum 3000 calories to start. Re-evaluate after 2 or 3 weeks and see if you are gaining. Bump to 3500 if not.

OP....if you are poor, the simple solution is pasta and rice. A lot of it. Pasta preferably because it doesn't get bloated with water as much, it is the cheapest way to get calories in bulk without filling up your stomach too much. Don't worry about whether it is whole wheat pasta either.....yes, whole wheat is preferable due to the fiber content but you obviously have a tough time eating enough as it is so go with the shyt that you can pound down.

Not sure if you can afford olive oil, but pasta drizzled with olive oil and some chicken (whatever cut you can afford) is the way to go. Or if you can find a cheaper protein source then chicken, go with that.

That video does not take into account physical activity which includes both exercise and NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis). Your NEAT is probably very high, which is hypothesized to be the actual mechanism that has the biggest effect for people who claim to have fast metabolisms.

2250 aint gonna get you where you want to go, unless you are a sedentary chick or an old geezer.

props for the advice, I never knew so much shyt went into gaining weight :damn:

ima try to put a lil eating plan together this weekend

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

so you put milk add how much oatmeal, peanut butter and protein?

interested

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
im 157 lbs most ive ever been, i was messing with ensure plus and was gaining weight but my face was getting chubby so i stopped

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Milk 1/2 cup, 1 packet of banana nut oatmeal w/ 10g protein, 1 or 2 spoonfuls of PB, and 1 scoop(21g) of protein powder. It's "heavy" so it you might not even finish it.

how many times a day you drink that?

Docaveli

Banned
Daps

Do you mean 165 after cutting or that was ur starting point?