I'm around 136 pounds, how many cals do I need to eat per day to start bulking?

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I been working out for a few weeks now, and even tho I feel better and relatively stronger, I know that with my metabolism and genetics it's damn near impossible for me to put on weight. I also know I'm not gonna put on much muscle mass without eating more calories than I burn

so for a nikka around 5'11 and ~136 lbs how many calories a day should I be trying to intake? :lupe:

don't bother suggesting supplements or sophisticated diet plans because I'm poor as fukk

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
know that with my metabolism and genetics it's damn near impossible for me to put on weight.
:beli:

This is like when overweight chicks complain about doing everything right and not being able to lose weight.

Someone said it's not an exact science, well I disagree.

OP just needs to eat more than he is now, that simple. You said you eat one big meal a day, make it two. @Scientific Playa gave some good suggestions

Drink whole milk with every meal and you'll see that scale move

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

This is like when overweight chicks complain about doing everything right and not being able to lose weight.

OP just needs to eat more than he is now, that simple. You said you eat one big meal a day, make it two. @Scientific Playa gave some good suggestions

I was referring to anyone here being able to give him a specific number without knowing all the particulars. Even then it's still trial and error.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang

I can't really drink milk anymore breh I'm damn near lactose intolerant :why:

Docaveli

Banned
Daps
Just google calorie calculator, type in ur info and go from there. Try to eat atleast 80 grams or 100 grams of protein, fill the rest with carbs and fats. I say 100 grams of protein but u can go for more if u have the budget or have a whey protein shake.

Do a solid program like starting strength, add accessory exercises u like example, curls, triceps work etc and just take it nice and smooth. Don't rush it if i was u at 5 11 136 ill stop at 170-175 and maintain considering u do it the way i told u, u gun still be lean and mean anything more u might start to look round and if u don't have discipline u gun start looking like Larry Holmes.

Last edited: