I'm amazed society has no way to fix HOMELESSNESS

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many societies like Singapore and Finland have solved the issue of homelessness because they care about the well being of their members.

America being the only developed nation without some form of universal health care clearly doesn't give a fukk about the overall well being of its citizens :francis:

Singapore is a city state, and America has cities with bigger populations than Finland you can't be serious lmao

Singapore is a city filled with rich people you wonder why there aren't in homeless people, same reason you don't see any in the hamptons

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Nobody wants to be homeless. Anybody saying that is lying.

I was homeless in 2015. That shyt sucked. WHo wants that life? Not knowing where you're sleeping at night? Wasting hours of the day bouncing around from burger king to mcdonalds to the park to the coffee shop to whatever bar I could hang out in from 9 to 4 in the morning cause I had nowhere to stay with my backpack on my back? sleeping on the roofs of apartment buildings that you could get into? trying to get stuff for free or next to nothing cause you had no money? Having to pawn your laptop so you could have money to have a place to stay? Making enough money to get that back to find work on to get money to financec an apartment?

Some of y'all think everybody that's homeless is some druggie or mental inefficient...most of the homeless people I met in NYC were people that got kicked out from a living situation that ended up homeless after they lost a job...

This let's me know that Americans really don't know what adversity is....do you think ANYBODY is passing up having a roof over their head? Especially in the rain or snow?
:gucci:
Not every homeless person has that experience. Plenty of them sleep in the same place every night.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
yea exactly I tell people all the time that rich people aren’t the only problem. Middle class and working class people have their own greed and selfish ways.

American is big with NIMBISYM.

People are ok with everything as long as it’s not in their neighborhood.

sometimes this is why I fukk with Asia. Lots of times they don’t give a shyt about the opinions on their people if the project they are doing is common sense
Until white homeowners take an L i don't expect anything to change. After the federal reserve lowered interest rates smart money moved to stocks and home equity. Expect the price of houses to get worse over the coming years. Investors will not leave their money in their bank accounts due to inflation. As a result, they will move that money to stocks and houses as a hedge.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Same GDP, but 330 million people breh:dahell:

But You advocating population REDUCTION? :jbhmm:

If You say that there are too many people and not enough housing, then a China-style policy is what you looking for :ld:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Singapore has a population of 5 million, America has a population of 335 million. Can we really compare the 2?
On top of that baby boomers do not want housing to get affordable since most of their net worth is tied to their homes. More affordable housing means that their home equity is ruined.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
90% of them have a mental illness, u can’t help someone who doesn’t want treatment.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Until white homeowners take an L i don't expect anything to change. After the federal reserve lowered interest rates smart money moved to stocks and home equity. Expect the price of houses to get worse over the coming years. Investors will not leave their money in their bank accounts due to inflation. As a result, they will move that money to stocks and houses as a hedge.

I'm so glad we buckled down and built a house last/this year. Housing market is gonna get rough.
On one hand my best friend bought a HUGE house for 175 in 2009, very big house. But on the other hand, will rent and housing prices go up to make up for the deficit? Maybe not houses because banks want something,but I think rent will go up even with empty apts and thus the cost of living is higher

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm so glad we buckled down and built a house last/this year. Housing market is gonna get rough.
On one hand my best friend bought a HUGE house for 175 in 2009 for a very big house. But on the other hand, will rent and housing prices go up to make up for the deficit? Maybe not houses because banks want something,but I think rent will go up even with empty apts and thus the cost of living is higher
Rent and housing prices will skyrocket in the coming years. The federal reserve will not raise interest rates again forr a long time because the government has to pay back the interest from the money it borrowed from the treasury at a stable interest rate (close to zero). This will create inflation. Inflation means that smart money will move money from their banks to stocks and real estate. This is why real estate prices haven't gone down.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Singapore has a population of 5 million, America has a population of 335 million. Can we really compare the 2?
Your analogy is a bit inaccurate. Homelessness is not an "American" issue.

There are very few homeless brehs walking around in rural America or even in smaller cities like Idaho Falls, Idaho or Marrietta, Georgia. It is undoubtedly an urban city problem.

For this reason comparing cities like SF, NYC, and ATL to Singapore is perfectly appropriate. :blessed:

A diverse 8mil population(nyc) to a diverse 5mil population (sing) is perfectly comparable.:usure:

A city like NYC might as well be a nation in and of itself with a similar gdp per capita. It also reaps more benefits than Singapore which doesn't receive funds from a federal authority. Policies should be very transferable.:hubie:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
90% of them have a mental illness, u can’t help someone who doesn’t want treatment.
European countries such as Germany have people with disabilities as well. I wonder how they tackle the homelessness over there :ohhh:. You rarely hear about Germany having these problems :yeshrug:.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Rent and housing prices will skyrocket in the coming years. The federal reserve will not raise interest rates again forr a long time because the government has to pay back the interest from the money it borrowed from the treasury at a stable interest rate (close to zero). This will create inflation. Inflation means that smart money will move money from their banks to stocks and real estate. This is why real estate prices haven't gone down.

:lawd:

I know this is the wrong thread to put this in and I dont wanna seem insensitive to the problem, but I'm so glad we bought our house when we did. We didnt know covid was gonna happen, we just knew it was time to settle down.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
European countries such as Germany have people with disabilities as well. I wonder how they tackle the homelessness over there :ohhh:. You rarely hear about Germany having these problems :yeshrug:.
I’m sure other countries have mental illnesses but we have by far more, plus they self medicate with street drugs that we have a lot of.

does Germany have state hospitals? Cuz that’s what I feel will help here.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:lawd:

I know this is the wrong thread to put this in and I dont wanna seem insensitive to the problem, but I'm so glad we bought our house when we did. We didnt know covid was gonna happen, we just knew it was time to settle down.
Yea you got lucky. The only downside to this is if Trump loses the narrative might change. Biden will push for more affordable housing so your house prices might go down?