I'm about to join #Catset in a few day's: I need some helpful tips

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Your girl is gonna think you're a bytch and start putting hands on you.

Also, your estrogen levels rise once you own a cat.

You'll need to hurry up and get a dog to balance that shyt out ASAP pleighboi.
DependentFlamboyantCod-max-1mb.gif

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I advise you to get a younger cat, probably no more than six months old. Way easier to socialize them and get them used to humans if they're young.

Also, no need to declaw, just get a scratching post. I had a cat in high school and she never scratched me once other than when I tried to bathe her.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Being that cat's are self sufficient should I get it a bed or will he/she pick a spot in the apartment to sleep

Daps
Get the kitty a collar with a bell, because kittens are really curious, and will get into everything, and can crawl into small spaces, and go missing for hours. You’ll want to know when it’s on the move for a couple of weeks until it gets used to their new home.

Buy lint rollers

Yes, they do like to chill with you in the bathroom.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
if you do get a dog later on (i strongly discourage that :scust:) make sure its a breed that doesnt have a strong prey drive and you socialize it with the cat while its still a puppy

I plan on getting a puppy bulldog by the beginning of May. They still will be really young and can grow/chill together

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Being that cat's are self sufficient should I get it a bed or will he/she pick a spot in the apartment to sleep

I wouldn't worry about that, they'll find somewhere to sleep.

You MIGHT want to think about getting 2 cats though, especially if you're gone all day. A kitten that's home all day with nobody to play with would be more likely to engage in destructive behavior due to boredom.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I wouldn't worry about that, they'll find somewhere to sleep.

You MIGHT want to think about getting 2 cats though, especially if you're gone all day. A kitten that's home all day with nobody to play with would be more likely to engage in destructive behavior due to boredom.

I've been working from home since last March and will be until the summer. I should have the bulldog puppy by then

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I've been working from home since last March and will be until the summer. I should have the bulldog puppy by then

What type of Bulldog breh? If you’re trying to get one of the fat ones I would rethink that. Bulldogs are known to deal with several health issues and have a very short life span. On avg they might only live 8-10 years. You don’t want a dog that lives such a short life, to put all that energy into a dog only for them to die in less than 10 years would suck.