Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even as a 3 month old kitten?

:ohhh:
Kittens usually start learning to use the litter box at 3 or 4 weeks of age, so by the time you bring your kitten home, she will likely be used to using a litter box. You will not need to train your kitten to use the litter box in the same way that you would house train a puppy

:devil:
:evil:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
After a certain age cats become largely self-sufficient.

Beyond that, just understand they do what they want to fukking do, when they want to fukking do it.

Just keep the food/water stocked and pet it when it decides to be social/friendly.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Watch the cat guru on YouTube he has great pointers. Heres my tips

You dont need a lot of toys because cats will just play with random shyt. My cat loves qtips and hair ties. Only toy I would get is a stick with a string with something attached at the end.

Get a cat tree and a few scratching post. Put the scratching post around ur furniture so ur cat wont scratch ur shyt up.

Get a hooded litter box(cat guru says not to but you only got one cat so fukk it)
Get the hooded litter box....drill holes at the bottom of it. Then get two storage bins that are bigger that the litter box in length and width but not height. Basically your creating a sifter box.

When you use the bathroom let the cat chill with you in there. Cats like that for some reason.

Ohhh and if you have a chair that the cat is sitting on and you want to move the cat; simply blow on your cats face until it moves. You want to do this because when you pick cats up and they dont want to move they'll extend their claws and fukk ur shyt up. But if you blow in their face they'll get annoyed and move.

Edit:
Brush your cat. And dont over bathe your cat. Your cat only needs a bath if they're outside alot and getting into shyt.

Get your cat all of the shots and fixed asap.
I wasnt sure if I wanted my cat fixed until she started spraying on ALL OF MY STUFF.

Last edited:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I'm getting a kitten. I live in an apartment. Do you think it will try to run out?

My cat will be an indoor cat

A lot of that is breed dependent whether its outdoor or indoor cat. Unfortunately most Adopted Kittens from shelters tend to be outdoor cats because thats where they were saved from. From my understanding most Cats in shelters in US are typically some sort of American shorthair mix breed that tend to be outdoor cats. Now even if she gets outside she will almost always come back for food and water. But until you have enough trust in your cat, just make sure you aware of an open doors, crevices, that he or she can sneak out of.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
a cat can live 15 years

i see a lot of people who pump fake on adoption and fukk up and be tryna return adult cats to the shelter like unwanted purchases and they get put down because they are deemed too old to adopt. kittens can be cute but they a lot of work.

lifestyle wise cats don't need much attention but it's a life and deserves dedication. think long term...

My baby lived 22.

The Blackout

F-ck Da Mods
Daps
MY CAT NEVER HAD ANY TOYS...

JUST USE TO TEACH HIM
HOW TO FIGHT WITH MY HAND.

HE USED TO SCRATCH ME UP GOOD
BUT IT WORKED.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE
SOME TALL shyt HE CAN CLIMB
AND LEAP ONTO.

:devil:
:evil:

never got my cat any toys either.. i box with her with my foot and then she chases me around the crib :lolbron:

just keep water clean, fresh food and clean litter and you’re good.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Expensive but an Automated Litter Box is a game changer. I was lucky enough to get one of these brand new for half the price. LavvieBot S Robotic Litter Box

Having to clean the litter box yourself gets old very fast. With automated litter box I just have to clean out the box the waste goes into every 2 weeks and thats it. It also saves me a ton on cat litter. Before the Box I was going through one 40 Pound Box of Litter every month. With the Automated Litter Box it not only refills the litter automatically for me, now I go through 1 Box of litter every 3 months.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
One of the most important things to understand about cats is that they're not dogs, so don't try to treat them that way. Dog wants to be up under you 25/8, zero independence. After that cat starts to grow, it'll come by when it wants attention and go away when it's done.

Also, train it early not to jump up on countertops and tables if that's an off limits area. My cats knew they could only be on the couch if it was on a designated blanket or in a lap. Never on the table, never on the counters. If they were going to be on the office desk, only in one spot.

Kittens can get into some interesting places so you should try to confine it to an area where you can easily get in the nooks and crannies if you need to look for them.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
Learn their body language too, breh. Tail straight up means they're confident. Lower to the ground means they're inquisitive. If they're swinging it or flicking it, that means they're annoyed. If you notice this while you're petting them, stop petting them.

Don't stare at them without blinking, that's what dominant cats do to others before they attack. On the flipside, staring and blinking slowly is basically how they say "I fukks with you."

You gotta play with them when they're little or they'll keep you up all night knocking over things. They'll also attack you in your sleep over a perceived slight during the day, so just be prepared for that when it comes.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Watch the cat guru on YouTube he has great pointers. Heres my tips

You dont need a lot of toys because cats will just play with random shyt. My cat loves qtips and hair ties. Only toy I would get is a stick with a string with something attached at the end.

Get a cat tree and a few scratching post. Put the scratching post around ur furniture so ur cat wont scratch ur shyt up.

Get a hooded litter box(cat guru says not to but you only got one cat so fukk it)
Get the hooded litter box....drill holes at the bottom of it. Then get two storage bins that are bigger that the litter box in length and width but not height. Basically your creating a sifter box.

When you use the bathroom let the cat chill with you in there. Cats like that for some reason.

Ohhh and if you have a chair that the cat is sitting on and you want to move the cat; simply blow on your cats face until it moves. You want to do this because when you pick cats up and they dont want to move they'll extend their claws and fukk ur shyt up. But if you blow in their face they'll get annoyed and move.
Damn my cat likes to come in when I'm on the toilet and just lay there. If I don't let him in, he'll cry at the door and scratch. Never knew it was a cat thing, thought it was just my lil buddy.