Im about to do something for the first time w/ a gf of mine

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I'd do it for a special occasion, but she'd be getting them done on her own regularly before I began speaking to her in the first place. Same with hair. You shouldn't have to pay for your woman to look good for you, she should consider it a part of her normal maintenance to look good on GP.​

Daps
Reppin
Australia
:umad:

First it was you buying dimes shyt now its wife. Don't even come at me about money. You will never be on my level when it comes to money.

Damn sure about that bro. I surpassed that level when I was 18 and working at Taco Bell.

This coming from the guy who's complaining about treating his GF to getting her hair and nails done...sh1t, complete contradiction..anyway Bill Gates, I'm done, you win. Have a nice day, I aint got time for this sh1t. :cheers:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
:-(

my boyfriend is like this. when we're together i don't have to go into my pocket for anything, he covers everything, but he's not into paying for hair, makeup, nails. its cool, and its not something i would ever even bring up to him, but i'm not going to lie, it would be nice if he would do something like that as a surprise or something. i would love it.

This is why I'd do it. To hit her with a nice surprise. Even if she asked and you had never done it before, it'd be a nice gesture. Or tell her no, have her mad and then when she gets to the shop they tell her everything's already paid for. That'd probably be a dangerous route, though.

Y'all are crazy out here lol.

GhettoTeK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
bEast Coast
:patrice: I couldn't pay for my girl to look good for other men besides that she should pay for things of her personal interest

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
answer this question ladies : do you want to be strong and independent or do you want a man to take care of you?

whats the deal with all this posturing and bullshytting women do about being strong independent money earners then they get on some :sadcam: well it would be nice to be showered with gifts and money for no reason tho pouty lip fukking bullshyt :sadcam:

you can't have it both ways. these hoes i tells ya:patrice:

and when you buy some shyt for your man it is never something he wants it is something you think he should own or you think you are making some "improvement" in his life by upgrading some useless material possession.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I've never paid for it and I never will. Lol

Sent from Cloud City via Lando Calrissian's courier

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
answer this question ladies : do you want to be strong and independent or do you want a man to take care of you?

Both. Some women like to have their own accomplishments and ability to take care themselves and their families. There is nothing wrong with that. That does not eradicate the notion of being taken care of. In this day in age, both adults should have earning potential and their own ways to make money regardless of gender.

A man taking care of someone he loves should be for the reason that he loves her and takes pride in making sure she is provided for.....not based on a lazy chicken headed notion that independent = he won't ever have to buy her anything. :childplease:

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
:ohhh:

good thread OP. I never know how to deal with this, it's a fine line between being a simp and a good s/o

No it isn't. Time, commitment, trust, what she gives back to you as a S/O will make those lines very clear and distinct. But there are posters on here who would call a husband of 20 years a simp for buying his wife a piece of pre-chewed gum ...so.... :aicmon: