King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia, Tanzania

Was out in Ethiopia mid last year, dope ass country and people.

Heading out to Zambia, Botswana and SA late next year if all goes well. Wanna scoop up some property investments over there. Stable economies, sizable populations, low crime etc...

Really looking into tourism investments in the Delta/Victoria Falls areas. Get yall passports to work brehs!

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
How is traveling overseas now with Covid?

Y’all be having to quarantine certain places?

Get tested for Covid?

Gotta be vaxed?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Was out in Ethiopia mid last year, dope ass country and people.

Heading out to Zambia, Botswana and SA late next year if all goes well. Wanna scoop up some property investments over there. Stable economies, sizable populations, low crime etc...

Really looking into tourism investments in the Delta/Victoria Falls areas. Get yall passports to work brehs!
Damn you're making moves. I don't know what you've read so far but anything that you want to correct?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
How is traveling overseas now with Covid?

Y’all be having to quarantine certain places?

Get tested for Covid?

Gotta be vaxed?

It depends the rules change all the time. But as of now you present a vax card and a PCR test you're good in The DR, Colombia, Brazil and Kenya.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
More tips on rotation management" Actually go out on dates. If the chicks you're dealing with aren't hoes don't treat them like one. nikkas get in the habit of just calling them to come through cook dinner and smash. You ain't got to take her out every time you see her but you should sometimes.

One bad thing about the DR is that there's not enough fly ass shyt to do with a bytch you can go to the beach or the club and that's about it. You want to show your chick fly ass shyt that she never gets to see or do. That's more important to her than money.

However don't take her out to too many super duper fly restaurants you'd be low key throwing it in her face how much richer you are than her. Then when you turn around and give 20 bucks "for taxi fare" she's gonna look at you funny. It's better to spend money on an adventure than a really high end restaurant.
When I say "super duper fly spots"understand that US Fast Food spots is considered Fly. Pizza Hut and Domino's Pizza is expensive by Latin American standards They usually fukk with local Pizza Chains and fukk with Pizza Hut on special occasions.

For example the Pizza Hut in Montego Bay Jamaica has a fine dining restaurant upstairs.

Then you have causal restaurants like Hooters Applebee's and TGI Friday, Those shyts cost about the same or more than the US ones. It's easy to drop 20 tp 25 bucks on one meal, That's a lot compared to a normal local joint. Taking a girl to a US style causal restaurant is a good önce in a while"spot.

Other than that take her to a spot where she eats when she eats out.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
It depends the rules change all the time. But as of now you present a vax card and a PCR test you're good in The DR, Colombia, Brazil and Kenya.

That’s the test they put up your nose?

You need that even if you vax gang?

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Damn you're making moves. I don't know what you've read so far but anything that you want to correct?

Trying breh... i do visit and spend time out in Southern Africa... "I don't know what you've read"?

i have visited some top tier places over there and offered to invest... seems pretty easy for us to invest too...

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Trying breh... i do visit and spend time out in Southern Africa... "I don't know what you've read"?

i have visited some top tier places over there and offered to invest... seems pretty easy for us to invest too...
I meant I don't know what you read in this thread. Did you find anything untrue?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm updating this thread as I learn new things to help brehs and brehettes who want to take international vacations or become expats.

How to learn a language. I strongly suggest that you take a class I know Colombia has a six month visa for this if you go to a school. Schools will keep you accountable because it's hella easy to just hang around english speakers
That being said you don't need to take a class, Youtube is a great option. basically look up the most common verbs and their conjugations and study them at lest ten times, you can slow down the playback to remember it. I personally try to watch videos that are about 10 minutes long because it's hard to sit there and watch a long video ten times in a row.

secondly learn direections i.e left. right forward and back and things like wait here or stop and go. Things that you will have to tell a cab driver. Because and extremely common uber scam is to act like they don't know where you're going and sometimes you won't know either generally the Uber is a decent price but they can up it by stopping and making wrong turns that will up the Uber price and it doesn't cost them much in gas.

Another thing you can do is to watch News channels with a short ten minute story, usually there's visuals or what happened and TV news people speak the best local accents so If you wanted to go to say Mexico listen to Mexican TV News shows and that will give you the local accent. Getting the local accent's down is extremely important because you will not be understood like for example Derecho means straight ahead and derecha means right as it take a right. Easy to get that messed up and in Spanish the double LL sound is pronounced like a J sound in English you use the L sound in english and you will be misunderstood.

What I can tell you that doesn't work is flashcards. No one says words like Chair or Table. people say Have a seat at the table learning random words isn't helpful you have to put them in context or a sentence.

Consider getting a kids grammar book, they are cheap and again they use words and sentences.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Digital Nomad tip:

Low key Kenya has pretty good internet. They have a cash app like service called Mpesa (way before cash app existed) so they used it to build out fast internet. They also have nice co work offices all over. Granted there's a time difference usually 5pm in Nairobi is around 9am in the states and Kenya is ahead of the states in time. But if you don't have a zillion meetings that you have to attend Kenya has better internet than Colombia and Colombia's net is way better than the DR (even though it will handle a presentation heavy zoom meeting).
If you really want to save money. a Co working spot is cheaper than getting a spot with a generator or superfast internet. In every country I've been to the Internet was fast enough to stream movies even in Arusha Tanzania and they didn't really have home wifi I literally used Netflix off my cell phone data

That was way more expensive than having a wifi connection, but I had a Mansion in Arusha that was almost half the price of my Condo in Nairobi.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
More retirement advice Find your Fire number.

Your Fire number is your basic living expense times 25. lets say you spend 2000 a month for housing costs and food that comes out to 24K times 25 equals 600,000. Lets say you are projected to have 300,000 in your 401K at 59.5 years so you technically can dip when you get 300,000 in networth.

Even if you stay in the states assume that you might sell a house in a high priced state and live in a lower priced state. Also especially if moving abroad all the random shyt that you own that you can't or won't ship assume that it it's worth say 10 to 20% of what you paid for it. Subtract that aganist your Fire number.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
More Game on finding a "good Girl". Hang out at Universities. The average american has way more general knowledge than the average person from the 3rd world. Most countries focus on mastery of subjects and that's mainly those on track to go to College. even the most ghetto public school in the states provides more general knowledge than the average college grad overseas. You will have a hard time talking to a chick from the country or a chick from the barrio who speaks a slang filled version of the local language. If possible get a place near the college and hang out at cafes where college students attend. Those will be mainly the children of professional or clouted locals. Those are the people you want to surround yourself with and they will want to practice English with you.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
When getting an apartment first of all you're gonna need to budget to furnish the apartment if you're not gonna heed my advice about getting a furished spot. I would not get an unfurnshed spot unless you had full citizenship and a lawyer.

But either way I would avoid paying more than 3 months rent as a deposit if I could help it.

Also you'd want a good maid.I'd ask for reccomendations on expat forums, a good maid can put you up on game. So can a good cabbie but It's harder to get a driver on retainer.