iHeartMedia To File For Bankruptcy (15 Billion Debt)

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
From 2015 and anybody who studies media knew then he was talking all facts.

He basically said the same thing I said in my earlier post. Breakfast Club replacing pretty much every iHeartRadio local urban station morning show is a bad thing because that means those stations aren't making enough to pay local morning on-air personalities. They'd rather pay for a syndicated radio show than to pay salaries and healthcare.

iHeartRadio is pretty much like early 2000's World Championship Wrestling where the large salaries and dwindling incomen are catching up to them.

It's gotten so bad, especially with the Obama Healthcare rules, that many (if not most) radio & TV stations are capping many employees (mainly production staff) at 25 hours a week so that they don't have to offer insurance.

Does My Employer Have to Provide Health Insurance?

It's a cold game in traditional media right now. That's why people in it can't depend on it solely and have to have their own side hustles & businesses such as podcast, Youtube shows, etc... ala :dame:. Dame's Breakfast Club interview will be seen as prophetic and tide changing when future generations study business. The days of job stability and staying at one job for 50 years are gone.

That's why you see Charlamagne hustling so hard with outside ventures. He knows the bubble will eventually burst and is preparing exit strategies.

Great info man. What type of work you do