iHeartMedia To File For Bankruptcy (15 Billion Debt)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Someone started a throwback radio station in Chicago . 104.3FM

Killed all the iHeartMedia stations lol

I doubt they have 15 billion in debt . I don’t believe that at all .

There was a throwback radio station that was started in Houston a couple years ago that was real nice. Forgot what it was called, but it pretty much played everything up until 2005 or so. It didn’t last cause after that nostalgia wears off, you still need new relatable music for that demographic to stay.

ultimatemike

I'm about a dollar..
Daps
when you balance sheet is showing $xx dollars in profits/revenue/assets and $15B in debts thats not even your problem anymore..

if it goes down theres gonna be a whole bunch of washing hands and selling assets and shyt gonna be basically the same shyt under a new capital investment firms name

capitalism yall

:russ:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ebro must be looking like
87AtUik.png

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
There was a throwback radio station that was started in Houston a couple years ago that was real nice. Forgot what it was called, but it pretty much played everything up until 2005 or so. It didn’t last cause after that nostalgia wears off, you still need new relatable music for that demographic to stay.
Yea that’s cool , but I don’t even listen to the other stations anymore . It don’t effect me either way . Thank god for blue tooth connection .

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully this will help us Consumers / Listeners of Radio. Someone new will come along with a difference formula. I'm tired of hearing the same 10 Songs over and over no matter where I am in the country.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was Ebro saying? If anybody can post a YouTube clip that would be nice.

Lemme look in a minute breh but basically his point was the homogenization of radio, and especially morning radio, was hurting the industry because rather than have market specific playlists and personalities, it all sounds the same. And that the smaller stations (he mentioned Hot 97 because they're owned by a much smaller media company) basically have to do the same to keep up or get driven out the market.

He would usually mention TBC in this breath as his example for how his show and them are playing different games.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
What was Ebro saying? If anybody can post a YouTube clip that would be nice.

From 2015 and anybody who studies media knew then he was talking all facts.

He basically said the same thing I said in my earlier post. Breakfast Club replacing pretty much every iHeartRadio local urban station morning show is a bad thing because that means those stations aren't making enough to pay local morning on-air personalities. They'd rather pay for a syndicated radio show than to pay salaries and healthcare.

iHeartRadio is pretty much like early 2000's World Championship Wrestling where the large salaries and dwindling incomen are catching up to them.

It's gotten so bad, especially with the Obama Healthcare rules, that many (if not most) radio & TV stations are capping many employees (mainly production staff) at 25 hours a week so that they don't have to offer insurance.

Does My Employer Have to Provide Health Insurance?
As of January 1, 2015, employers with 50 or more full time equivalent (FTE) employees are required to provide health coverage to full-time employees or else pay a tax penalty. This is commonly referred to as the employer mandate.

It's a cold game in traditional media right now. That's why people in it can't depend on it solely and have to have their own side hustles & businesses such as podcast, Youtube shows, etc... ala :dame:. Dame's Breakfast Club interview will be seen as prophetic and tide changing when future generations study business. The days of job stability and staying at one job for 50 years are gone.

That's why you see Charlamagne hustling so hard with outside ventures. He knows the bubble will eventually burst and is preparing exit strategies.

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
when you balance sheet is showing $xx dollars in profits/revenue/assets and $15B in debts thats not even your problem anymore..

if it goes down theres gonna be a whole bunch of washing hands and selling assets and shyt gonna be basically the same shyt under a new capital investment firms name

capitalism yall

:russ:
Sounds like a money laundering Ponzi scheme