Ignorant Early 2000s appreciation thread

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Being in Louisiana when Master P was running the game and when Juvenile dropped 400 degrees >>> :ohlawd:

When Juvenile "Ha" aired I felt like one of my cousins made it

images

juvenile-ha-throwback-music-video.jpg.png

:to:

girbaud_black%20denim%202%20600x.jpg

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I got my FUBU jersey free from a classmate who was clowned for being a white dude rocking FUBU.

My mom wouldn't buy me one so when I saw those kids going in on dude I inceptioned the idea that I should be the one wearing the jersey to the whole group. Peer pressure is a mothafukka because that jersey musta been at least $80 at the time. Getting it for free had me on some :russ:

I was stylin' HARD, but I sucked at garment care back in the day. I faded my FB jeans by washing them to death. My Fubu sweats shrank in the dryer. After that happened I couldn't really rock the jersey no more.

I still have that jersey. I can't believe I was wearing XL. You can bet that will come right back out if the era ever comes back.

FB 05

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
I gotta at least partially agree with the OP, i was born in 87 so i was a teen during these years. I just remember TMac, Vince Carter, Stillmatic, being introduced to blunts and newports.

But lookin back i think the early 90's had to be the best era to come up, right when ATCQ was on the come up and Sega Genesis. I was just a young cac then and my gay cac parents sheltered me from hip hop, i had to sit through john cougar melloncamp. For those that dont know hes some bum trash racist redneck rock singer guy, but i do remember whoomp there it is and hip hop hooray

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
:beli:nikkas coudn't shoot, couldn't pass, teams coudn't score more than 70 points a game plus alot of fake country thug nikkas trying to make rap cds:rudy:
Don't you dare trash Thug-era NBA. That sh!t was magical. Players kicking camera men, choking coaches, punching fans, questioning the concept of "practice," and a firm emphasis on swag over substance. Great times. How else do you follow the MJ and the legendary Bulls Dynasty?

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
The NBA's thug era wasnt just in the early 2000's, if anything those were the last years of it. I'd say it began in the mid to late 70's when teams felt it was necessary to have an enforcer type like Kermit Washington

locoloco87

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being in Louisiana when Master P was running the game and when Juvenile dropped 400 degrees >>> :ohlawd:

When Juvenile "Ha" aired I felt like one of my cousins made it

images

juvenile-ha-throwback-music-video.jpg.png

:to:

girbaud_black%20denim%202%20600x.jpg

i remember in 2000 had all my family including cousins grandma and grandpa traveling thru i-10 trying to head to texas, when we went thru new orleans stopped in the hood at a mcdonalds all 15 of us mexicans went in there for breakfast filled our bellies up good:yawn:

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I remember Lil Jon and Ying Yang twins having clubs on smash. Throwbacks, Timbs, Flavs, bubble jackets, and big chains were the ish. I still got an old No Limit jersey in the closet at my parents crib (of course around that time Cash Money was on the rise and No Limit on the decline). With Ja Rule everybody was about partying and having a good time, then 50 cent came through and changed the game back to thuggin. I remember watching the And1 streetball show and Dave Chapelle religiously. Man I miss those days :to:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I dunno how anyone can say early 2000s NBA was some shyt. AI and Kobe alone made it worth watching, T-Mac before his back finished him off, prime Shaq, the Kings with Bibby, Divac, C-Webb, the bytch ass Jailblazers, too much to name really.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I dunno how anyone can say early 2000s NBA was some shyt. AI and Kobe alone made it worth watching, T-Mac before his back finished him off, prime Shaq, the Kings with Bibby, Divac, C-Webb, the bytch ass Jailblazers, too much to name really.
Add to that the popularity of And1 and street hoops. Man, those times were great. I remember that sh!t bled into real life. Every game at recess was just riddled with outrageous displays of showboating. I remember all the tricks hitting like jokes whenever someone got their ankles broke.

Remember making the :ooh: face whenever someone got crossed up?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

GOAT Movie for ignorant ass niccas to mimic that lifestyle and be:trash:

Remember when everyone wanted to:

have braids

Having bandanas

Rocking pink clothes cause Cam made it cool

Stand on the street corner mean mugging all the damn time

holla at chicks "hey ma" and have the same damn approaches.

Everyone wanted to have "thick" chicks when most of them were fat. Which started the simping epidemic of the late 00s onward.

Spanish broads were the main thing for every nicca to fukk

That era was GOAT for an ignorant ass nicca to come up cause there was money in bootleg DVDs and bootleg PS2 games. Computers were still on 56k modems and cats had to hustle to get the latest music and movies.

Can't believe that Drake and Ross replaced Beans and Jada:wow::heh: