IGN Top 100 TV Shows: Agree or Disagree?

Daps
Wonder years had no impact on their era of television? Homie you can't be serious. And Lucy has had impact for decades, whether you realize it or not and thats why lists like this exist. They can't just say "Well this came on when we were of age, therefore that's what matters" because that's complete bull and shortsighted as hell. Very few people my age know about All In The Family but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best shows ever and one of the most impactful.

Shyt very few people my age can recite a Rakim song but that doesn't mean he's not one of the greatest rappers who ever lived and hasn't impacted damn near everyone who's came after him. At a certain point, its on the person for not doing the knowledge rather than the show or entity. Like I said, if I'm making the list, simpsons is number one but I understand why the shows above it are above it and shows like lucy, star trek, and twilight zone have merit for being where they are.

The Simpsons are simply better.

James brown was dope, but Michael Jackson elevated the game & became bigger than James brown ever was.

Nothing wrong with giving props to the past ,but there are times when things from the past become surpassed.

That's what I'm saying when it comes to the Simpsons & I love Lucy.

As far as the wonder years I'll happily take boy meets world over it.:yeshrug:

The list in general has no consistency and that's why you got shows that don't even belong in it and shows that shouldn't be ranked as highly or low as it is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Simpsons are simply better.

James brown was dope, but Michael Jackson elevated the game & became bigger than James brown ever was.

Nothing wrong with giving props to the past ,but there are times when things from the past become surpassed.

That's what I'm saying when it comes to the Simpsons & I love Lucy.

As far as the wonder years I'll happily take boy meets world over it.:yeshrug:

The list in general has no consistency and that's why you got shows that don't even belong in it and shows that shouldn't be ranked as highly or low as it is.

Yeah agree to disagree on this one. My preference is the simpsons obviously but if someone with a bit more hindsight than me says something else is better in the scope of things, cool. But also, I like the lucy show lol so I'm not mad.

And boy meets world is dope but lets not front on the wonder years man which is my ultimate point. especially since boy meets world has a couple:francis: seasons while wonder years is consistent across the board. And I can say that as someone who grew up watching boy meets world but in context and just side by side, wonder years is a better show even though they were trying to do different things so maybe its an unfair comparison to begin with

Funktackular

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Martinsburg WV but bred in SA
South park deserves to be in that list over mad men, parks and rec, and arrested dev. Those shows are great but just like with the Simpsons, longevity, marketing and merchandising shows its impact on pop culture. Besides, it taught me to never forget a towel
:smugbiden:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Fresh Prince not being on here is a travesty. Maybe even A Different World too. Not trying to make it a black thing but that's what i looked at growing up. Didn't look to thoroughly but did shows like Dallas and Boy Meets World get on their list?

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Fresh Prince not being on here is a travesty. Maybe even A Different World too. Not trying to make it a black thing but that's what i looked at growing up. Didn't look to thoroughly but did shows like Dallas and Boy Meets World get on their list?
what you mean not trying to make it a black thing? There is hardly no black shows in the top ten which is bs. Yet so far I'm reading nobody seems to have a problem on here. I don't understand it. I expect nikkas to be Pist but y'all don't see a problem. Is the film room where all the whites go to or the nikka nerds that don't see race? Not trying to make it a black thing come on my dude

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
what you mean not trying to make it a black thing? There is hardly no black shows in the top ten which is bs. Yet so far I'm reading nobody seems to have a problem on here. I don't understand it. I expect nikkas to be Pist but y'all don't see a problem. Is the film room where all the whites go to or the nikka nerds that don't see race? Not trying to make it a black thing come on my dude

Well one it's a subjective list. If the people at ign didn't grow up watching those shows or don't have much recollection of them then they shouldn't be on the list because then that's faking the funk and that's worse.

Two like he said those are the shows he grew up watching so those impacted him. I love Martin but it's not in my top 10 of shows either. Cosby definitely is but again there's no reason to get pisssed off about something subjective homie. That's their opinion. It's not set in stone. If you feel like there shows left out then make a medium page or a wordpress or just use this forum to make your own list and be good with that. But I don't expect everyone to have the same experiences as me or the same taste. Especially if they didn't grow up in the same situations as I did. Race plays a part in that but also culture and what you respond to individually. It's like the homie in here who said Power is a top 10 show of all time. That's his opinion. I disagree with it but that opinion is based on his experience and his taste and if those factors tell him power is top 10, cool so be it. Getting worked up about it won't change the fact that's how he feels nor will it change how their tv crew feels

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
The Simpsons being behind shows like I love Lucy, star trek, twilight zone, etc.

The Simpsons span over 25 years. The simpsons got videogames, movie, DVD sets, all types of merchandise.

It's laughable for the show to not be in the top 3 at the least.

Again no fresh prince of bel air, no martin, no moesha, no boys meets world, no Malcolm in the middle, no boondocks, no dragon ball z, no everybody hates chris,.

The avatar the last airbender was a dope show, but top 100? You could've thrown in hey Arnold or the rugrats & I would've been okay with that.

Rick & Morty is another dope show, but cmon now. The show isn't even as impactful as American dad or family guy.

Dr katz??? People just wildin with this one.:beli:
Star Trek has all of the things in the bolded as well (Star Trek spans 25 years if you count the spinoff series) there was always an Star Trek show on TV from the mid 80s to the mid 2000s :banderas: Star Trek even had its own magazine! and huge blockbuster movies to this very day.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As someone who has seen damn near every ep of every B&W TV show, overall a good list. But no Married..with Children (absent from damn near every All-Time list) is too noticeable an omission. That show will never get the respect it deserves.

Cosby Show & Sesame Street would both be in my Top 10. Lost is too high - they should've kept it about the characters, instead of switching to the unimportant mythology. The Wonder Years is too low. I'm not sure how many episodes are needed to qualify but Gargoyles is definitely an all-time great cartoon (s1 & 2), but so is DuckTales and maybe Rugrats. I'd add Veronica Mars, possibly Gilligan and A Different World.

I have to go through the list more thoroughly.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This disqualifies everything on the list
I may have enjoyed P&R a bit more than The Office (US), but having The Office that low when P&R is 15 makes no sense. They should be right around the same range, whatever one deems that range to be.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Well one it's a subjective list. If the people at ign didn't grow up watching those shows or don't have much recollection of them then they shouldn't be on the list because then that's faking the funk and that's worse.

Two like he said those are the shows he grew up watching so those impacted him. I love Martin but it's not in my top 10 of shows either. Cosby definitely is but again there's no reason to get pisssed off about something subjective homie. That's their opinion. It's not set in stone. If you feel like there shows left out then make a medium page or a wordpress or just use this forum to make your own list and be good with that. But I don't expect everyone to have the same experiences as me or the same taste. Especially if they didn't grow up in the same situations as I did. Race plays a part in that but also culture and what you respond to individually. It's like the homie in here who said Power is a top 10 show of all time. That's his opinion. I disagree with it but that opinion is based on his experience and his taste and if those factors tell him power is top 10, cool so be it. Getting worked up about it won't change the fact that's how he feels nor will it change how their tv crew feels
We should do a Film Room users top 15 shows. Each user picks 10, and obviously since there will likely be plenty of variance in the lower half of people's lists, should be able to easily populate a top 15 list.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Not having Martin is a disgrace. Also, I think Breaking bad was better than the Sopranos.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
it's hard to make an 100 list. These lists are made to piss ppl off and start buzz on the internet.
Sopranos should be first. Got, Justified, rome and deadwod should be higher.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We should do a Film Room users top 15 shows. Each user picks 10, and obviously since there will likely be plenty of variance in the lower half of people's lists, should be able to easily populate a top 15 list.

Keep saying we should do it but no one wants to bite. Easier to complain than make your own shyt. My editor always tells us anytime we start complaint or bytching about a list on a site or the way this site did this or that that we should stop wasting time and make our own shyt. And it's something I completely agree with after he's said it 100x now :russ: