IGN Top 100 TV Shows: Agree or Disagree?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Reality tv :pacspit:
Why are actors the only people you want to watch on TV? Can some regular people get some shine? It's not like a sensational show or anything.
They just doing obstacle courses in the jungle, talking to each other and voting each other out based on a personality contest.

Vice City

Rookie
Daps
Meant to post this weeks ago. Figured it'd be a good discussion topic or at least I hope :russ: Not going to post the whole list but I will give the top 15

http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-tv-shows

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Twilight Zone
4. Breaking Bad
5. Star Trek
6. I Love Lucy
7. Mad Men
8. Lost
9. The Simpsons
10. Seinfeld
11. Game of Thrones
12. SNL
13. All In The Family
14. Arrested Development
15. Parks and Rec

What say the film room?

For me, I can't argue with anything on the list from 1-100. Glad to see Twilight Zone be as high as it is and Lucy as well since I think we tend to forget a lot of comedies from that era when they really were groundbreaking and just funny.

I'd put the simpsons higher and don't know if I'd have Lost that high but I also never got into the show so that's on me.

giphy.gif

24,Power and Oz deserve to be in the top 10 :childplease:

Daps
The Simpsons being behind shows like I love Lucy, star trek, twilight zone, etc.

The Simpsons span over 25 years. The simpsons got videogames, movie, DVD sets, all types of merchandise.

It's laughable for the show to not be in the top 3 at the least.

Again no fresh prince of bel air, no martin, no moesha, no boys meets world, no Malcolm in the middle, no boondocks, no dragon ball z, no everybody hates chris,.

The avatar the last airbender was a dope show, but top 100? You could've thrown in hey Arnold or the rugrats & I would've been okay with that.

Rick & Morty is another dope show, but cmon now. The show isn't even as impactful as American dad or family guy.

Dr katz??? People just wildin with this one.:beli:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Simpsons being behind shows like I love Lucy, star trek, twilight zone, etc.

The Simpsons span over 25 years.spdons got videogames, movie, DVD sets, all types of merchandise.

It's laughable for the show to not be in the top 3 at the least.

Again no fresh prince of bel air, no martin, no moesha, no boys meets world, no Malcolm in the middle, no boondocks, no dragon ball z, no everybody hates chris,.

The avatar the last airbender was a dope show, but top 100? You could've thrown in hey Arnold or the rugrats & I would've been okay with that.

Rick & Morty is another dope show, but cmon now. The show isn't even as impactful as American dad or family guy.

Dr katz??? People just wildin with this one.:beli:

Homie I'm the biggest simpsons fan i know but even I can't front on lucy star trek or the twilight zone being in front of it. In historical context, it makes complete sense.

Moesha or boy meets world will never be on a list of 100 greatest shows ever:yeshrug: sorry homie.

Daps
Homie I'm the biggest simpsons fan i know but even I can't front on lucy star trek or the twilight zone being in front of it. In historical context, it makes complete sense.

Moesha or boy meets world will never be on a list of 100 greatest shows ever:yeshrug: sorry homie.

I Love Lucy pales in comparison to the Simpsons. I'm sure the Simpsons has brought in more bread for a longer period of time than I love Lucy.

Homer & Bart are TV icons breh. There shouldn't even be a debate over which show is more important to television history.:heh:

Moesha & boy meets world>>>Dr katz, the wonder Years, friends, Mary Tyler Moore show, the office, etc.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I Love Lucy pales in comparison to the Simpsons. I'm sure the Simpsons has brought in more bread for a longer period of time than I love Lucy.

Homer & Bart are TV icons breh. There shouldn't even be a debate over which show is more important to television history.:heh:

Moesha & boy meets world>>>Dr katz, the wonder Years, friends, Mary Tyler Moore show, the office, etc.

So Lucy isn't an icon? Aside from doing things a sitcom hadn't done before Lucille ball is an icon in comedy homie. Period. Many comedians have been influenced by her including the guys who worked on the simpsons. Again I love the simpsons and I say it's the greatest show of all time but to immediately say Lucy or Star Trek or twilight zone don't belong on the list or can't even be above it doesn't make sense to me

And nah on the last stuff and I love boy meets world but histically that argument doesn't hold weight

Daps
So Lucy isn't an icon? Aside from doing things a sitcom hadn't done before Lucille ball is an icon in comedy homie. Period. Many comedians have been influenced by her including the guys who worked on the simpsons. Again I love the simpsons and I say it's the greatest show of all time but to immediately say Lucy or Star Trek or twilight zone don't belong on the list or can't even be above it doesn't make sense to me

And nah on the last stuff and I love boy meets world but histically that argument doesn't hold weight

It's not better than the Simpson's. That's why it shouldn't be over the Simpsons.

The Simpsons got 25+ years of history on television.

I bet more people know more characters & episodes from the Simpsons than they do I love lucy.

The Simpsons gave influence to family guy, south park, futurama, king of the hill, etc.

It's cool that they were a part of the Simpsons influences, but the Simpsons has molded into an identity much bigger than I love Lucy ever was.

There's nothing they have on the Simpsons. The Simpsons are more popular & more impactful.

As far as boy meets world, Cory & topanga`s relationship was one of the highlight parts of 90s television.

I'll take it over the wonder years & a lot of these other shows that's hardly been on television or have little to no impact on their era of television.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's not better than the Simpson's. That's why it shouldn't be over the Simpsons.

The Simpsons got 25+ years of history on television.

I bet more people know more characters & episodes from the Simpsons than they do I love lucy.

The Simpsons gave influence to family guy, south park, futurama, king of the hill, etc.

It's cool that they were a part of the Simpsons influences, but the Simpsons has molded into an identity much bigger than I love Lucy ever was.

There's nothing they have on the Simpsons. The Simpsons are more popular & more impactful.

As far as boy meets world, Cory & topanga`s relationship was one of the highlight parts of 90s television.

I'll take it over the wonder years & a lot of these other shows that's hardly been on television or have little to no impact on their era of television.

Wonder years had no impact on their era of television? Homie you can't be serious. And Lucy has had impact for decades, whether you realize it or not and thats why lists like this exist. They can't just say "Well this came on when we were of age, therefore that's what matters" because that's complete bull and shortsighted as hell. Very few people my age know about All In The Family but that doesn't stop it from being one of the best shows ever and one of the most impactful.

Shyt very few people my age can recite a Rakim song but that doesn't mean he's not one of the greatest rappers who ever lived and hasn't impacted damn near everyone who's came after him. At a certain point, its on the person for not doing the knowledge rather than the show or entity. Like I said, if I'm making the list, simpsons is number one but I understand why the shows above it are above it and shows like lucy, star trek, and twilight zone have merit for being where they are.