IGN: Ryse looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Oh Microsoft WAS ready, the problem is that they are focused on an "entertainment console" rather than a gaming console. They essentially doubled their workload because they revealed the original xbox one and 90% of the gaming community did not like it. Now what? Well, you are seeing it...I expect a massive patch on Day 1 to undue most of the BS they were working on initially.
Crytek is it's own entity. Them half assing a game has absolutely nothing to do with MS.

Ryse looks like shyt because Crytek has it looking like shyt. It has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft and their "workload" and there will 1000000% not be a patch to undo anything because there's nothing to undo.

The people who are blaming MS's focus on entertainment as the reason for Ryse looking like shyt are delusional. Microsoft gave the devs decent hardware to work with. Come to find out the amount of available RAM is on par with the PS4. So the entertainment stuff isn't getting in the way of anything. The DDR3 vs 5 argument is up for debate.

It's crazy that the entire argument that Microsoft doesn't care about gamers hinges on the fact that the XBOX ONE can do extra entertainment shyt and it has DDR3 RAM. That's literally the entire argument.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Killzone looks great. But it doesn't look like much fun. But that's probably why it isn't playable at pax. They are trying to hide these games as much as possible.

:usure:

Microsoft has the most advanced next gen game in Forza.

A game with no dynamic lighting, no weather effects is the most advanced next gen game? :what:
You aren't trying anymore... :(

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Crytek is it's own entity. Them half assing a game has absolutely nothing to do with MS.

Ryse looks like shyt because Crytek has it looking like shyt. It has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft and their "workload" and there will 1000000% not be a patch to undo anything because there's nothing to undo.

The people who are blaming MS's focus on entertainment as the reason for Ryse looking like shyt are delusional. Microsoft gave the devs decent hardware to work with. Come to find out the amount of available RAM is on par with the PS4. So the entertainment stuff isn't getting in the way of anything. The DDR3 vs 5 argument is up for debate.
I never said Ryse was being developed by Microsoft, I know its Crytek...you interpreted my post completely wrong.

Dude said he thinks Sony caught Microsoft with their pants down...never did I mention Ryse

• Dap
Reactions: Ayo

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ryse looking :flabbynsick: def aint MS fault. Can't shyt on them for that.

However, I do think that they were not prepared for Sony to launch this year. shyt just didn't seem organized with MS for the Xbone launch. Almost like they didn't have their shyt together.

• Dap
Reactions: Ayo

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I never said Ryse was being developed by Microsoft, I know its Crytek...you interpreted my post completely wrong.

Dude said he thinks Sony caught Microsoft with their pants down...never did I mention Ryse

OK. My bad.

I just think that people are looking too much into this. Were people expecting there to be hardware parity between the 2 systems? I'm guessing that and stripping the entertainment options will prove to the doubters that MS cares about gamers?

Besides the DRM thing I can't see one thing that Sony has done that goes beyond your standard console release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A game with no dynamic lighting, no weather effects is the most advanced next gen game? :what:
You aren't trying anymore... :(
Doesn't matter what buzzwords you attach to it. Both visually and physics wise Forza is light years ahead of anything done last gen.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Doesn't matter what buzzwords you attach to it. Both visually and physics wise Forza is light years ahead of anything done last gen.
I swear trying to talk sense with you xbot nikkas is equivalent to talking to a tree.

You are so dense and delusional breh...

Dude just told you visually the game is not up to standards yet you talking about this shyt being lightyears ahead...How the fukk can a racing game with no dynamic lighting and weather effects even be labeled next gen?

and for the millionth time...I fukks with Forza, I'm 100% confident it will be heat i just don't understand your obsession with being a stubborn delusional dikkriding Microsoft stan...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I swear trying to talk sense with you xbot nikkas is equivalent to talking to a tree.

Dude just told you visually the game is not up to standards yet you talking about this shyt being lightyears ahead...How the fukk can a racing game with no dynamic lighting and weather effects even be labeled next gen?

and for the millionth time...I fukks with Forza, I'm 100% confident it will be heat i just don't understand your obsession with being a stubborn delusional dikkriding Microsoft stan...
Once you make an emotional investment in something it is very hard to let go until you are forced to do so. People do it all the time...invest emotionally in stocks, partners, products, clothing, shoes, etc.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
OK. My bad.

I just think that people are looking too much into this. Were people expecting there to be hardware parity between the 2 systems? I'm guessing that and stripping the entertainment options will prove to the doubters that MS cares about gamers?

Besides the DRM thing I can't see one thing that Sony has done that goes beyond your standard console release.
Not looking too much into it. It was clear cut and dry, people got mad about the DRM and all the uncessary restrictions Microsoft tried to push. It came across as a slap in the face to gamers (the ones who pre-order your consoles) by basically saying...oh yeah ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS, BUT YOU CAN WATCH THE PRICE IS RIGHT! AND KINECT, KINECT IS IN THE BOX! YES, GIVE US $500

The Kinect caters to that Wii crowd...the casual crowd for the most part. Microsoft AND SONY don't care about gamers, they care about lining up their pockets. Sony was just smarter than Microsoft because they know they are not dealing with a stupid fanbase.

As far as sony releasing just another console? Exactly what is wrong with that? That's what your audience WANTS. They also added social features and have revamped PSN...all those other features can be added later with software. You need to focus on your core first...this is business 101. All this shyt with the XBOX One reveals how desperately Microsoft needs to shake things up. Those dudes have absolutely no focus on damn near anything they are doing anymore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

What standards? Show me a game that looks better than Forza 5

Dynamic lighting and weather effects don't make a game.

You can literally see the different layers of paint on the cars. All the textures reflect light as they would in real life. The reflections on the windows and cars are well beyond anything we've seen before. Regardless of what buzzword you use for lighting the lighting in this game looks better than any game before it and any game on display now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Once you make an emotional investment in something it is very hard to let go until you are forced to do so. People do it all the time...invest emotionally in stocks, partners, products, clothing, shoes, etc.

fukk outa here with this goofy shyt nikka. Any objective eye can see that Forza looks better than anything announced so far.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Ryse looking :flabbynsick: def aint MS fault. Can't shyt on them for that.

Yes you can. Didnt that fukk boy from Microsoft say Ryse is the best thing he's ever seen? :rudy:

They hyping the cloud so who knows how good it ACTUALLY IS. Like I said, its all hype & if MS Stans wanna fall for it then so be it.

Ryse looked good at E3, so did all the other features.

When everyone starts playing the actual game, it's trash. They lied to the public at E3. Why are they basically two different games?

& the snap feature that worked so well at E3 was experiencing lag when a normal non/MS person used it.

Hopefully Ryse is alone in the list of disappointments but its a really bad look for MS considering the hype they're trying to give the game.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes you can. Didnt that fukk boy from Microsoft say Ryse is the best thing he's ever seen? :rudy:

They hyping the cloud so who knows how good it ACTUALLY IS. Like I said, its all hype & if MS Stans wanna fall for it then so be it.

Ryse looked good at E3, so did all the other features.

Hopefully Ryse is alone in the list of disappointments but its a really bad look for MS considering the hype they're trying to give the game.

194.gif