[IGN] ‘Half-Sequels’ Like Uncharted Lost Legacy Are The Future

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone is going to get greedy and try to charge full price for these type of releases. It’s only a matter of when and who.

They alreaddy charging us to play games ‘early’ so… :yeshrug:

Its up to the market to decide if its worth it. Nintendo charged 60 dollars for Metroid Dread and that game is like 7 hours long to beat at most. I will gladly hand over 50 dollars for a 8-10 hour experience like Miles

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The better you were at arcade games the worse value they became
the opposite really. if you sucked you were steady pumping quarters into the machine. when you got good, you could play mad long on one quarter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the opposite really. if you sucked you were steady pumping quarters into the machine. when you got good, you could play mad long on one quarter

So its either the game creates artificial difficulty to make sure you don’t beat it or you do beat it within 20 minutes :yeshrug:

Either way the value was never comparable to what we get today for practically the same price

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So its either the game creates artificial difficulty to make sure you don’t beat it or you do beat it within 20 minutes :yeshrug:

Either way the value was never comparable to what we get today for practically the same price
you had to get good to beat it. that took time

Contra just isn't a good example. I remember renting Rygar and beating it in one night. but it took me weeks to beat Contra without the code

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
They need to just stop playing with half measures and go back to mid budget "AA" games which is basically what these "half-sequels" are. This is basically what ps2, xbox and 360 libraries were full of.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They need to just stop playing with half measures and go back to mid budget "AA" games which is basically what these "half-sequels" are. This is basically what ps2, xbox and 360 libraries were full of.

Yeah, i means its kind of true. I thnk the difference is they are using the assets from the bigger games to make shorter games that still have AAA production value.

I think its harder to make short games with that level of quality and polish because it takes such much R&D

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People play 2k year after year. literally the same game but a new story
Lost legacy is not any different