If you're an atheist and thinks nothing happens when you die, what motivates you?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I mean you have to realize that nothing you do matters and once you are dead you will be non-existent for eternity. Why would you you ever stress anything or have any worries knowing this? Religion does a lot for people in making them believe their life has purpose. Serious question.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I mean you have to realize that nothing you do matters and once you are dead you will be non-existent for eternity. Why would you you ever stress anything or have any worries knowing this? Religion does a lot for people in making them believe their life has purpose. Serious question.

i dont understand. life can be scressful. what does the afterlife not existing have to do with that?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Why would life be stressful though? Why does anything you do here matter?

lets see why would life be scressful? um rent, bills, money issues, health related stuff, family/close friends dying.

i dont understand the point you are trying to make.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the fukk? you have one life...make the most out of it before you die. If you only try to live a great life because you are promised to go some mythical paradise with endless food, peace and ppl :laff:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
the fukk? you have one life...make the most out of it before you die. If you only try to live a great life because you are promised to go some mythical paradise with endless food, peace and ppl :laff:

I agree.

I don't do good deeds to be rewarded at the end of my life. I do it cause Im willing to help others in their time of need. Thats what a good person does. Too be honest Im not even sure what happens in the after life.

Best person in the world could walk into complete darkness...no one knows.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I just wouldn't give a fukk if I made an impact or not if I was atheist. :manny:

this means you are more than likely a piece of shyt when it comes to morals or ethics. you need some "reward" to do the right thing instead of just doing the right thing, which is a theory i have about a lot of christians thanks for helping me to confirm that theory.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I guess the OP thinks the only reason to do anything in life is to make it to the afterlife. Breh with that kinda thinking (religious or not) your gonna miss out on a whole lot :smh:.

You shouldn't be a good person just bc you expect things after death. This nikka is one of those fake religious people that only believe "just in case :mjpls:".

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I don't get that logic at all. What do you mean nothing we do matters? If I think there is only one chance at life. One reality that matters wouldn't that make the shyt I do now even more important then you motherfukkers that think if you go to church every week you die and get to eat ass for all eternity?