If you pre order a DIGITAL game, you have a problem.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
But why?

There is no advantage to.

You acting as if folks don’t pre-order due to cost… We don’t preorder because…why?

:unimpressed:

Why I do it is because I treat gaming as an expense. I typically allot between 300-400 a month for gaming. Having done this for years, it's afforded me the opportunity to look ahead for purchases. So, my question is, why not? I'm getting the game day one anyways, what does it matter if pay it off now or six months when it releases. The effect is the same, only the timing changes. I just don't like 'debts' over my head. If I'm committed to spending it, when I spend it is of no real consequence to me.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I preorder shyt I know I'm gonna buy regardless of the metacritic/opencritic rating. Like, I purchased STALKER 2 sometime in the middle of last year, and it's not coming out until late 2024. :dead:

I'm gonna support the devs on STALKER and I know I'm gonna buy that shyt regardless, so I pre-ordered.

I'll also preorder just to get the extra perks, but they are never really good though.

That said, I have 2300+ games on steam, so I'm probably weird in that regard. I'm trying to get to 3000 :wow:

How many games have you beat from that library?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why I do it is because I treat gaming as an expense. I typically allot between 300-400 a month for gaming. Having done this for years, it's afforded me the opportunity to look ahead for purchases. So, my question is, why not? I'm getting the game day one anyways, what does it matter if pay it off now or six months when it releases. The effect is the same, only the timing changes. I just don't like 'debts' over my head. If I'm committed to spending it, when I spend it is of no real consequence to me.
I’m assuming you have a job to be able to budget $400 a month for gaming, but then that makes me question how the hell you have the time to play $400 worth of games every month:dahell:

I got disposable income but not enough time to use it. Between gamepass and the few games i buy a year, my extra time is all used up.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Never saw the point in preordering any game…physical or digital. Never had a situation wherein I had difficulty finding a game that I wanted someone near me.

Regarding digital… Can you pre-download them?

That would be one benefit…I guess.
Back in the 90s/early 2000s, games would be sold out on day 1. Not so much for the past 20 years…

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Couldn’t imagine spending time in one of those musty stores in 2024 :scusthov:

Breh, I took my son to a gamestop one time and he was like :francis: . There used to be a time when Gamestop was actually a good place to shop for games, but WTF...all you see is novelty shyt and empty dusty game cases.

shyt became Spenser's :scust:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
artworks-sUyBJMILkYtU0jy0-s5aRDw-t500x500.jpg

I've always preordered games long in advance. As a person that typically buys north of 40 games every year, I'm always pushing forward with preordering games as I'm a day one adopter of games. I am fortunately in a position to do so and never worry about the cost of gaming. I spent over $6K in games and hardware in 2023. The way that I spend is done in a smart fashion by pushing ahead with the purchases long before the release date. Take this year for example. On March 22nd, I'm going to have three games release being Rise of the Ronin, Dragon's Dogma II and The Legend of Legacy Remastered deluxe edition. Mind you, all three are currently paid off and have been since last year but I did not do them at the same time.

If you got it, preordering early is smart. Out of sight, out of mind. I don't read reviews. I've been gaming for over 30 years, I know what I like. Truth be told, Palworld will likely be the only game I will have not preordered this year.
This
I do the exact same thing. It’s nothing to me if I buy a game months in advance. Been gaming for far too long where I have to rely on reviews, a nikka got this gaming shyt down. Plus I don’t live check to check :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Physical will always be best, digital games risk getting things edited by cancel culture & licensing issues.
Not true. Physical games don’t even have the full game on the disc in recent times.
New editions of GTA San Andreas miss a lot of the original tracks from the original release
you talmbout 20 year old games.

Today, GTA San Andreas wouldn’t even have all the songs on the disc.

The upgraded version of GTAV is infinitely better than the one you could find on an old dusty PS3 disc.