If you pre order a DIGITAL game, you have a problem.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Unless you’re strapped for cash or want to see reviews why not?
You don't know if the game won't get delayed.

You very likely will have to download a patch before you can even play.

The game could be hot garbage (e.g. ps4 version of cyberpunk2077)

It's a scam.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I don't preorder digital games, but I do preorder physical games that I really want to play. I preorder at Gamestop and pay at least $10 on it before the release date. Better than paying 60 plus dollars at once. Currently I have FF7 Re pt 2 preordered.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I pre-order digitally in order to have the game pre-installed the day of release, but i usually wait until a day or two before its going to come out. No point pre-ordering months in advance.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Weeks in advance sure.

But buying early lets you install early, so once the game is released you don’t have wait to download it, you can play as soon as it’s unlocked.

On xbox sometimes you can play the game a day early by changing the time zone.

There’s actually ZERO reason to preorder a physical game, as games don’t really sell out anymore.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Never saw the point in preordering any game…physical or digital. Never had a situation wherein I had difficulty finding a game that I wanted someone near me.

Regarding digital… Can you pre-download them?

That would be one benefit…I guess.
In my nearly 45yrs on earth(spent 2 on mercury), I have only had 1 time where I couldn't find a game and that was NBA Jam for Sega back in the 90s

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
artworks-sUyBJMILkYtU0jy0-s5aRDw-t500x500.jpg

I've always preordered games long in advance. As a person that typically buys north of 40 games every year, I'm always pushing forward with preordering games as I'm a day one adopter of games. I am fortunately in a position to do so and never worry about the cost of gaming. I spent over $6K in games and hardware in 2023. The way that I spend is done in a smart fashion by pushing ahead with the purchases long before the release date. Take this year for example. On March 22nd, I'm going to have three games release being Rise of the Ronin, Dragon's Dogma II and The Legend of Legacy Remastered deluxe edition. Mind you, all three are currently paid off and have been since last year but I did not do them at the same time.

If you got it, preordering early is smart. Out of sight, out of mind. I don't read reviews. I've been gaming for over 30 years, I know what I like. Truth be told, Palworld will likely be the only game I will have not preordered this year.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I understand pre ordering days before release just to play it early, but people who pre order shyt months in advance are weirdos.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
And I'm not talking about the pre-orders that come with exclusive items(stupid anyway)

I'm talking mostly about a standard game. If you pre-order a physical game it's because the game will he sold out if you don't get it. There is a finite amount.

A digital item is INFINITE. You can literally just download the game when it's out. If you pre order you're paying for something that you can access any time post launch and you don't even know if it will be good quality :gucci:

I completely agree. I don't even understand the concept of pre-ordering shyt that's digital. it makes zero sense.