If you pre order a DIGITAL game, you have a problem.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
And I'm not talking about the pre-orders that come with exclusive items(stupid anyway)

I'm talking mostly about a standard game. If you pre-order a physical game it's because the game will he sold out if you don't get it. There is a finite amount.

A digital item is INFINITE. You can literally just download the game when it's out. If you pre order you're paying for something that you can access any time post launch and you don't even know if it will be good quality :gucci:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I used to do it for pre-load, but Steam's unpacking process takes so long, you're better off just downloading at release

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Never saw the point in preordering any game…physical or digital. Never had a situation wherein I had difficulty finding a game that I wanted someone near me.

Regarding digital… Can you pre-download them?

That would be one benefit…I guess.
Even then, you'll still have to download a patch after you select the game cause this business has terrible management practices and they love announcing games before they've even laid down any code and unrealistic deadlines.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
And I'm not talking about the pre-orders that come with exclusive items(stupid anyway)

I'm talking mostly about a standard game. If you pre-order a physical game it's because the game will he sold out if you don't get it. There is a finite amount.

A digital item is INFINITE. You can literally just download the game when it's out. If you pre order you're paying for something that you can access any time post launch and you don't even know if it will be good quality :gucci:
For games that I want to play at midnight release, I'm pre-ordering so it'll be preloaded ready to go by 12:10

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I don't see what difference it makes. Some people buy games early and pre-download them so the game is ready to go at the release time.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I preorder shyt I know I'm gonna buy regardless of the metacritic/opencritic rating. Like, I purchased STALKER 2 sometime in the middle of last year, and it's not coming out until late 2024. :dead:

I'm gonna support the devs on STALKER and I know I'm gonna buy that shyt regardless, so I pre-ordered.

I'll also preorder just to get the extra perks, but they are never really good though.

That said, I have 2300+ games on steam, so I'm probably weird in that regard. I'm trying to get to 3000 :wow: