If you not broke now...whats some broke habits you still have?

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
i suffer from this too brehs, it used to be a lot worse but doing a thought experiment like this helped me a lot. once you put a concrete number on the value of your time, you'll realize just how much the thrill of the hunt for a good deal is costing you.

I kinda feel like this poor people habit is 50/50.

Being a savvy negotiator (or frugal or cheap or stingy) 24/7, is how you can get rich, even if it means you gotta alienate people that you don't know, and people you know.
@WIA20XX I agree as it has helped me a lot thru years and I use it all the time, especially in real estate deals but like @east mentioned when it comes to maybe splurging on self or being around people who could be considered peers their mindset is, don't think about that, think about making more. How can you triple what u make to not worry about that..

Also being a negotiator you realize how uncomfortable most people are even at it and you develop that comfort, that alone puts you ahead..

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I take the metro because the thought of paying $12 hr parking makes me ill.

Sometimes I make my girl hop out the car and run into the restaurant while I’m double parked with my hazards on. Or I’ll circle the block and scoop her back up. Just so I don’t have to pay for parking.

I only use Uber eats/doordash if I have a promo code and even then I’ll still go pick it up so I don’t have to tip the driver.

One time I cheated the fare gates and ran through with a mob leaving the redskins game. shyt never closed out my ride so the next time I had to talk to an attendant. Only saved 3$. Never did that shyt again.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
:myman: just needed to get the last bit out myself, pause :dame:

MGIXdG0.jpeg

xbNMricHqSCRfwKu-l0SHeXiue0gRx41ztMkpEnxup8.gif

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Wouldn't call them broke boy habits. But realized a while ago that spending money on various cleaning products with bleach and ammonia in them is a waste of money when you can just buy a bottle of bleach and ammonia and dilute each with water. Those two Pine-Sol and furniture polish is ALL you need to clean your home. Stopped buying those Plug-Ins too when a candle will last you months on end too. Our parents as well as us got by fine just using washing powder and bleach. The dryer sheets OR fabric softener was a plus. Now they got washing pods scent pods etc. just taking more folks money.

Mank1nd

Rookie
Daps
I'm broke now but I'll add these three that I'll probably continue doing even if I get some decent paper.

Avoid buying any name brand or designer plasted garments and only wear plain color garments that I can mix and match. No fits.

Only get haircuts every 4 months or so, not because I'm growing out my hair but because I like the scuffy look and dont care about looking dusty.

In addition, avoiding high maintenance haircuts like waves and high fades that require frequent trips to the barber and only get low/buzz cuts or mini fro. It will take longer to grow back and all you'll need is a line-up which you could do yourself. (Unless your hairline flabby)