If you not broke now...whats some broke habits you still have?

bunkindb

you're just mad cuz im better
Daps
Reppin
BX NYC
Squeezing every bit of toothpaste out the tube.

Adding water to the dish soap bottle when it's empty to get more out of it.

Unscrewing the lotion top when the pump stops working you get the rest out

Etc...
It is crazy how we barely need amounts of certain items and how much we waste without even realizing it

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Based on how the culture moves most normal financially prudent behaviors are considered ‘broke’

The culture seems to run on a ‘if I got it ima spend it and worrying about cost is broke’ mindest

I am not paying a crazy amount for a car note
I do not buy designer
Yes, I will fly spirit
I don’t buy women bags
I have never bought a woman a gift on a non-holiday/birthday
I don’t buy overpriced flights on short notice
I am team ‘get a cheap(er) room we not gon be there much anyway’

I’m convinced most of the black community overcompensates for when they didn’t have , so when they do ‘have’, they spend frivolously

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I guess a few things:

- Rarely buy lunch at work. Stay brown bagging it but I don't joke with the quality of my food tho. Fruits, veggies, fiber, lean meat/ no beef, organic for me.
- Cut my own hair...for the last 20 years.
- Getting "dressed" to run errands does not interest me. Bum style 70% of the time. When I go out out then its:ohlawd: time
- I shop at thrift stores with zilch fukks. Have found many a gem in them aisles.

Some others but these I remember. :wow:

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You really can win w/ this. You get all the wild colors of stuff

Here's what I do. Go to the clearance rack at something like a Mens warehouse or a DSW or whatever middle class equivalent BUT do it an an affluent area. You can pick up like Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Nautica etc and stuff that doesn't look that crazy (though I'll pick up the crazy colors too because why not). I picked up a pair of 350 Cole Haan shoes for 130 dollars. Plus I have memberships to both stores so I get an extra discount off clearance plus extra coupons in the mail.