"If you like your steaks rare, you ain’t black."- Joe Biden

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Steak elitists :skip:

Start with a good well seasoned ribeye (not salt and pepper I'm black) and a good compound butter and that steak will be very very difficult to mess up. Even at well done.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I usually do medium well but I’m about to try medium rare next time I get a steak since yall hyping it up it up in here

If I get sick I’m putting cases on all you nikkas

Have you nikkas making hook ups in pelican bay

:myman:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Rare is too much for me.

I have come to understand why well done is a waste of a steak.

Medium rare is what I always order. You do want that tenderness and flavor.

In case you don't understand the science.. Microbes can't easily penetrate a piece of beef. Chicken and pork have parasites and microbes already that require killing from heat. Beef, not so much. So searing the outside of the beef and raising the internal temp is enough to make it safe. You sacrifice the tenderness if you keep cooking it after it's safe.

Except ground beef. That has to be well done.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nah I mean if I cook for somebody. If I pay for inch thick steaks, especially prime, I don't wanna hear no bullshyt about well-done. Take that ass to McDonalds.

Its like why steak sauce is a thing. People get some fu-fu ass cuts, overcook it with zero crust, and now slather it in molasses and vinegar sauce. Same type of people who don't know that "Salmon" is more than farmed Atlantic Salmon.

The reason I never order salmon from restaurants. You know them cheap bytches ain't ordering no wild caught salmon.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reason I never order salmon from restaurants. You know them cheap bytches ain't ordering no wild caught salmon.
Yup. I don't order steak or salmon from restaurants. Charge an arm and a leg for something and its a mixed bag on prep and ingredient quality.

Wild caught all day.