If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Right now i got a Vizio P65-f1. The blacks on the tv are inky. There’s some bloom, but I can’t picture oled being any darker than what i already have, just without blooming. Because like i said my current tv’s blacks are insanely black. Any blacker must be too much for the human mind to grasp. Pq is great to, of course the oled would be better though.

I’m thinking about getting the 55’ CX soon for my room. I would get the newer model coming in some months, but they saying it’ll run you about $2000. Not doing that lol.

Do y’all think the CX 65’ will ever drop to around the $1700 range? If so i’ll just wait, and aim for that one.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
my goodness yall weren't lying about this greatness :wow:

the black on OLED :whoo: shyt look like an actual black hole :dwillhuh::wow:

The CX is incredible
You have to choose the right settings though
I feel the outside the box settings make games look too soft

what settings you went with:feedme:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got an LG OLED but i think its classless to clown somebody for not havin the same. I recommend everybody get the toys they want while maintaining their budget. fukk that keepin up with the Joneses shyt. Get what you can afford n have fun movie watchers/gamers

Daps
my goodness yall weren't lying about this greatness :wow:

the black on OLED :whoo: shyt look like an actual black hole :dwillhuh::wow:

what settings you went with:feedme:

I've posted my settings over and over again but I am obsessed w/ this tv after discovering them :mjlol:
I'm posting them again just in case anyone missed it because I still can't believe what I'm seeing

If you want to go to a level you didn't know existed, use these settings because the out of box settings ain't it

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 46
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
Color Temperature - Warm1
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low

Things like MPEG noise reduction ,motion control, image soothing true motion, eye care, and anything else related to video watching should be set to off and will be set to off out of the box anyway I think so leave everything else alone

I'm gonna find out if you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change your picture settings

For the last part I think you only have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings once when you set it up
Otherwise you have to change it for a new tv
For OLED light, if it's too bright, you can lower it
I recommend 50-70 if you lower it
I noticed it changes the image quality but it might be in my head
Tell me what you think
For sharpness, also try 15 and tell me what you think
I want to do an experiment with my settings and will probably carry it over to the OLED gang thread
My settings will make your games look incredible but I am still playing around with them to get the perfect image
People who have used my settings can vouch for me
I am going to play around with sharpness
Right now I have lowered the sharpness to 15 and I want to know if anyone who have used my settings think it looks better with that sharpness
I noticed the games look slightly different

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'm still trying to find good sources for my OLED. What do y'all watch to show it off to other folks? Youtube has a bunch of HDR videos, shyt looks like you can stick ya hand in the TV:wow: Amazon Prime TV got HDR movies too, not all of em look the best though. Gemini man is off the charts.:whew:

I also figured out what settings to change because everything I was watching looked like a soap opera.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Word

People who think its a big difference were just using shytty tvs w/ IPS panels :scust:

if a OLED screen is 95/100

A high end VA screen is like 80/100
Fixed. Look at it from an angle, and it's even worse. Everywhere I go and see screens, anything non-OLED looks mediocre at best. Even at Magnolia showrooms where they're in specific rooms and dialed in.