If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
CX was overpriced simply because it had zero competition

The C1 actually has higher peak brightness, so I might sell the CX and cop that this year, and the also have a BUDGET OLED the A1 releasing this year, depending on how that performs the CX might already be obsolete
This is not the move to make. I've been down that path. The best thing you can do when you buy an expensive TV like an OLED is take several years off and not pay attention to what new TVs come out.

It's likely gonna be difficult to re-sell a TV like the CX anyway and get fair value. TVs depreciate very fast. The real issue is the CX isn't a value purchase. The kinds of people that want to buy a CX likely have the money to buy them brand new or buy the C1.Unless you trying to sell that for $700 or less people not really trying to take a hit on the warranty and face potential burn in on a used OLED like that. Put in on FB Marketplace and watch the offers be lower than that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not the move to make. I've been down that path. The best thing you can do when you buy an expensive TV like an OLED is take several years off and not pay attention to what new TVs come out.

It's likely gonna be difficult to re-sell a TV like the CX anyway and get fair value. TVs depreciate very fast. The real issue is the CX isn't a value purchase. The kinds of people that want to buy a CX likely have the money to buy them brand new or buy the C1.Unless you trying to sell that for $700 or less people not really trying to take a hit on the warranty and face potential burn in on a used OLED like that. Put in on FB Marketplace and watch the offers be lower than that.

I never buy electronics used, so I always look at anybody who does as they ones who are losing, because you are still buying a significant amount for something that has been used thoroughly lmao, you might as well put that money away until you have enough to buy it new

I just look at as a down payment on something else I want, I already used 1500 hours on my shyt, probably going to use another 1500 before the C1 comes out, I don't got plenty of use out of it to sell it a used price, plus it doesn't have full HDMI 2.1 because he can't do a full 48gbps, which the C1 will do and will have finally fix the brightness problems OLEDs have been associated with, so for gaming its no different than upgrading a GPU when you want the best possible performance

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I never buy electronics used, so I always look at anybody who does as they ones who are losing, because you are still buying a significant amount for something that has been used thoroughly lmao, you might as well put that money away until you have enough to buy it new

I just look at as a down payment on something else I want, I already used 1500 hours on my shyt, probably going to use another 1500 before the C1 comes out, I don't got plenty of use out of it to sell it a used price, plus it doesn't have full HDMI 2.1 because he can't do a full 48gbps, which the C1 will do and will have finally fix the brightness problems OLEDs have been associated with, so for gaming its no different than upgrading a GPU when you want the best possible performance
No it's very much different. You can legit get great improvement going from one generation of graphics card to another. Graphics cards also hold their value much better than TVs do. TVs upgrades especially so close together are rapidly diminishing returns. I went from a C7 to a C9. Kept the C7 and moved it into another room and I borderline can't tell the difference between the 2 in picture quality.

The reason I got the C9 was because I wanted both the TVs I use to be OLED. If it wasn't for that no way would I cop a C9 and try to sell the C7 to purchase it.

The point about the full 48gbps port is pretty much moot because these ate 10 bit panels anyway. The difference in picture quality between a CX and a C1 isn't gonna be worth the cost to upgrade. Upgraditis is an expensive affliction especially when it comes to TVs that have very poor resell values.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's very much different. You can legit get great improvement going from one generation of graphics card to another. Graphics cards also hold their value much better than TVs do. TVs upgrades especially so close together are rapidly diminishing returns. I went from a C7 to a C9. Kept the C7 and moved it into another room and I borderline can't tell the difference between the 2 in picture quality.

The reason I got the C9 was because I wanted both the TVs I use to be OLED. If it wasn't for that no way would I cop a C9 and try to sell the C7 to purchase it.

The point about the full 48gbps port is pretty much moot because these ate 10 bit panels anyway. The difference in picture quality between a CX and a C1 isn't gonna be worth the cost to upgrade. Upgraditis is an expensive affliction especially when it comes to TVs that have very poor resell values.

I mistake its called the G1, that's the one that will have the new panel, the C1 is just replacing the CX

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

What about the G1?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Ignorance was bliss on my old LED TV, but it’s true, once you go OLED it’s impossible to go back. I just :scust: looking at anything else
Damn is it really that much better lol

I have a 4K TCL 6 series

Will it really be a night and day difference

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Got the LG CX in my man cave, just ordered the Vizio V56-H6 soundbar to go along with it. Still playing around with the settings on for TV but gaming on there, just can't believe what I was missing. It made last gen seem new again.
:dahell:

Really?