If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My opinion is if you’re a Xbox dude and VRR is that important you should get the c1, I also hear there is Dolby vision gaming which Sony can’t do at 120hz right now without an update

I have a ps5 and it doesn’t bother me but it might you

To piggyback off of this, Microsoft appears to have dropped a bag for Dolby Vision exclusivity for a little bit, so I'm not sure it's coming to PS5 anytime soon.

VRR support is supposedly coming to Sony TVs at some point, but it seems that legitimately no one knows when. If I had to guess, it'd probably be around the time that VRR support rolls out for the PS5.

I've got both the Series X and the PS5, and VRR is something nice to have, but for right now, it's not a huge deal breaker. We'll need to see what developers do with potentially utilizing unlocked frame rates to see if it makes a huge impact.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
To piggyback off of this, Microsoft appears to have dropped a bag for Dolby Vision exclusivity for a little bit, so I'm not sure it's coming to PS5 anytime soon.

VRR support is supposedly coming to Sony TVs at some point, but it seems that legitimately no one knows when. If I had to guess, it'd probably be around the time that VRR support rolls out for the PS5.

I've got both the Series X and the PS5, and VRR is something nice to have, but for right now, it's not a huge deal breaker. We'll need to see what developers do with potentially utilizing unlocked frame rates to see if it makes a huge impact.

I seen a review of this tv that vrr is enabled for the ps5 and Sony TVs but it’s their own algorithm

But idk about that

I do know they have a custom algorithm to where I hit my ps5 it goes into game mode automatically despite there being no official Allm

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You don’t understand this shyt here

You and your family dollar Oled need to just sit in the corner when it comes to this

respectfully
I don't understand? Then explain.
This is what I do understand...
So I did give this TV a try for the bedroom. For 1 it lacks HDMI 2.1 features like VRR/ALLM an more with empty promises yet again made by Sony. But since it was going in my bedroom and my Xbox series X and PS4 Pro are hooked up to the fabulous C1 I wasn't worried about it. The TV look good no doubt but the motion on this TV was absolute Doody at the time before the price dropped it just wasn't worth the money hence why Sony quickly dropped the prices on their TVs because honestly none of Sony's TVs were worth the money they were charging. Also I'll be honest I absolutely hate the Android OS it's not fluent it's actually more complicated while also making me sign into things that I don't want to sign into on my TV so all in all I just ended up not liking this TV and took it back for a 48 inch C1 which was actually better for the bedroom and also now gives me a secondary TV if I want to play games as well as movies. Though the C1 is not perfect I find it is overall better than anything Sony has. So Sony TVs are a no-go for me
BillH · Reviewed on Best Buy
My opinion is if you’re a Xbox dude and VRR is that important you should get the c1, I also hear there is Dolby vision gaming which Sony can’t do at 120hz right now without an update

I have a ps5 and it doesn’t bother me but it might you
I know Vizio had the exact same panel as LG does, they don't make different versions, that's just an assumption by the masses, my picture is not only better than yours but it got vrr,120, Dolby Atmos vision all up in my illumiroom :umad:

But hey, you know better than me. Let's see how well your TV is in your opinion a week from now :banderas:

Said what I need VRR for, I got a PS5 :bryan:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I don't understand? Then explain.
This is what I do understand...

I know Vizio had the exact same panel as LG does, they don't make different versions, that's just an assumption by the masses, my picture is not only better than yours but it got vrr,120, Dolby Atmos vision all up in my illumiroom :umad:

But hey, you know better than me. Let's see how well your TV is in your opinion a week from now :banderas:

Said what I need VRR for, I got a PS5 :bryan:

any dumb ass can cherry pick a review for there favor …

damn your such a bozo

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with my motion on my tv, Sony had always been best in class with motion and color, my shyt is perfect

I have a Apple TV I could care less about the built in system , never have or never will use them on any tv model

Let’s take a look at the issues the the family dollar oled has or had or is still having from people who know what the fukk they talking about

VRR not working - Vizio working on a fix(work around is to turn Off VRR on the TV and XBOX) VRR still does not work on 4K/120 material.

2. SmartCast Apps: Video playback error(Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere, Fandango Now)

3. Glowing/Raised Blacks(Panel glows when fed a 0% black signal) The panel should be completely black when fed a 0% black signal. This issue is more prevalent in a dark room with a dark scene. The black bars in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio movie glow under the above circumstances. One owner claims prior to updating to the current firmware he had perfect blacks.
Raised blacks still a problem with HDR material after firmware update 5.10.14.1-1.
Raised blacks have returned with firmware update 5.10.15.5-4 - Not as severe as previous firmware version but HDR still has elevated blacks.
Glowing/Raised Black Test
Download - MEGA USB files.

FOMO's Vizio Raised Blacks Video

4. Peak Luminance - No OFF setting(Need an OFF setting to properly calibrate to 100 nits SDR)

5. TV forgets the Luminance setting from the last power On state. To get it back to what you want it to be, you have to increase or decrease the Luminance by 1-2 clicks to jog the firmware’s memory.
5a. Buggy Software Luminance Setting Every time there is a resolution change or HDMI handshake, the TV forgets my Luminance setting and defaults back to a Luminance light output of Calibrated mode of 60. It has the same behavior in Dolby Vision mode. "The Luminance number stays the same, the actual luminance changes.

For example, in Calibrated Dark mode the default Luminance setting is 20 but the light output mirrors the Calibrated picture mode of 60. If you change it to 0 and force a resolution change, HDMI handshake or Picture Mode change the Luminance light output will default back to if it was set at 60(Calibrated Mode) but the menu still reads 0. Once you move it 1 or 2 clicks it remembers you set it at 0.

5b. Motion setting also behaves like the Luminance setting. Setting change is retained but the software does not remember your setting after every Power ON state?

6. HDMI handshake issues(Upgrading to 48gbps high speed cables sometimes helps)

7. Motion issues(subjective)

8. "Watch Free" button locks up TV. Tv is still responsive but Power plug needs to be pulled to reset TV. "Watch Free" Lock Up Issue

9. TV will set up HomeKit and work for a few minutes but then almost immediately loses connection. I get the accessory not responding from Siri on my HomePod. HomeKit Issue

10. Issue when switching from Eco Mode to Quick Start only to have it go back to Eco Mode on its own.

11. Firmware update notification bug: If you try to update the firmware it will check forever then eventually say it is the latest version, but the notification will never go away. After that the tv will not respond to any inputs and can not even be turned off with the power button on the tv itself. I had to unplug it entirely from the wall.

12. Display hours issue. Owners are claiming the display hours count is way off. 1 owner has owned the tv for 2 weeks and claims the display hours count is at 500 hours!
Owners Account:
Display Hours Count Issue

13. Custom picture mode issue. Color Tuner or CMS loses settings and needs to be reset by switching to a random picture mode and back to your custom picture mode.
Custom Picture Mode Reset Description
Custom Picture Mode Color Issue

14. Shield TV Pro and Dolby Vision Compatibility Issue.
Shield and Dolby Vision Issue - Post #913
Images of Dolby Vision and Shield Issue - Post #914

15. TV will not turn ON via the remote or the Power ON button on the TV. Happens intermittently. 4K120 mode power issue. TV fails to turn ON after running 4K120 from XBOX, PS5 or RTX Graphics cards. Power cord has to be pulled to reset TV.

16. Owners complaining about higher input lag in Game Mode compared to the competition.
Rtings Vizio OLED Input Lag Test
1080p @ 60 Hz 21.8 ms
1440p @ 60 Hz 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz + 10 bit HDR 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 21.6 ms
We encountered some bugs during testing, similar to what we saw with the Vizio P Series Quantum 2020. The TV skips frames with 120Hz content on any resolution, so we couldn't test the input lag for it. This TV has VRR support, but there are a bunch of issues and it doesn't work with real content, so we couldn't measure its input lag

Rtings LG CX OLED Input Lag Test
1080p @ 60 Hz 13.6 ms
1440p @ 60 Hz 13.8 ms
4k @ 60 Hz 13.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz + 10 bit HDR 13.5 ms
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 13.6 ms
1080p @ 120 Hz 6.9 ms
1440p @ 120 Hz 6.9 ms
4k @ 120 Hz 11.1 ms
1080p with Variable Refresh Rate 5.9 ms
1440p with VRR 6.2 ms
4k with VRR 11.1 ms

17. No 1440p @ 120 Hz support - Firmware 5.10.15.12.1 added 1440p 120Hz support however according to Rtings it still skips frames. 1440p @ 60Hz works correctly.

18. Ability to hide volume bar like in previous Vizio models

19. Issue passing through 4K60 signal through a sound bar from any hdmi 2.0 device when connected to Vizio OLED. HDMI passthrough issue with soundbar

20. Issue with HDMI Input AUTO setting. Auto setting does not properly recognize HDMI device. Setting 2.1 or 1.4 must be selected for proper HDMI EDID communication.

21. Black level issue with low bit rate or compressed content. Blacks get mushy and smeared when low bit rate compressed content is being displayed on screen.

22. The latest firmware(5.10.15.11-1) breaks 4K UHD discs outputting 4K resolution from PS5 disc player. I tried two different UHD discs yesterday(Matrix and Planet Earth) both down converting to 1080p. After a quick google search this issue has been widely reported as well. PS5 4K Disc output issue

23. The latest firmware(5.10.15.11-1) breaks the 20 point White Balance controls in the Color Tuner. For example, when trying to adjust the 20% IRE the 15% IRE option needs to be adjusted.

24. The latest firmware(5.10.15.12.1) causes a power issue when using an Apple 4K TV device. When putting the Apple device to sleep the Vizio OLED also powers down and cannot be turned on unless the power cord is pulled.
24a. The latest firmware(5.10.15.12.1) causes a power issue when using an XBOX Series X. If the tv is powered off while the Xbox is still on the tv no longer responds to power on commands and power plug must be pulled from outlet to get tv to power back on.
Xbox/Vizio power issue - post #6093
Xbox/Vizio power issue - post #6096

Firmware Update: 5.10.13.1-2 - October 5th 2020
  • Resolves #1 VRR issue with XBOX One X
  • Update to SmartCast. Seems to be less laggy than prior firmware.
Mike Wood - Director, Product Management, VIZIO
I just wanted to highlight a few updates for our new firmware in addition to the ones noted above.

As noted, we've made some gaming improvements to VRR playback on HDMI as well as HDMI/VRR verification issues. We've enhanced the support for 4K/120hz resolution for next-generation game consoles as well as the Nvidia graphics card RTX30 series.

We've also increased the Judder Reduction default from 0 to 2 in Bright Mode to give the image a smoother appearance.

Your TV will update automatically. To see if you have the new firmware, you can go to the Menu and select Admin & Reset, then select System Information to see the firmware you’re currently on. You can manually check to see if the update is available from the Admin & Reset menu and select the “Check for Updates”.

We will provide additional updates and answers on a regular basis going forward. You can always reach out to our customer service team at 1 (855) 833-3221

Thanks, Mike Wood
Director, Product Management, VIZIO
Vizio OLED Firmware Changelog 5.10.15.11-1

Go to the end of this thread , people have to unplug the tv from the wall to get the shyt to even come on

They talking a class action lawsuit

2021 VIZIO OLED65-H1/OLED55-H1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

grey blacks on an oled ?

:laff:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
any dumb ass can cherry pick a review for there favor …

damn your such a bozo

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with my motion on my tv, Sony had always been best in class with motion and color, my shyt is perfect

I have a Apple TV I could care less about the built in system , never have or never will use them on any tv model

Let’s take a look at the issues the the family dollar oled has or had or is still having from people who know what the fukk they talking about

VRR not working - Vizio working on a fix(work around is to turn Off VRR on the TV and XBOX) VRR still does not work on 4K/120 material.

2. SmartCast Apps: Video playback error(Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere, Fandango Now)

3. Glowing/Raised Blacks(Panel glows when fed a 0% black signal) The panel should be completely black when fed a 0% black signal. This issue is more prevalent in a dark room with a dark scene. The black bars in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio movie glow under the above circumstances. One owner claims prior to updating to the current firmware he had perfect blacks.
Raised blacks still a problem with HDR material after firmware update 5.10.14.1-1.
Raised blacks have returned with firmware update 5.10.15.5-4 - Not as severe as previous firmware version but HDR still has elevated blacks.
Glowing/Raised Black Test
Download - MEGA USB files.

FOMO's Vizio Raised Blacks Video

4. Peak Luminance - No OFF setting(Need an OFF setting to properly calibrate to 100 nits SDR)

5. TV forgets the Luminance setting from the last power On state. To get it back to what you want it to be, you have to increase or decrease the Luminance by 1-2 clicks to jog the firmware’s memory.
5a. Buggy Software Luminance Setting Every time there is a resolution change or HDMI handshake, the TV forgets my Luminance setting and defaults back to a Luminance light output of Calibrated mode of 60. It has the same behavior in Dolby Vision mode. "The Luminance number stays the same, the actual luminance changes.

For example, in Calibrated Dark mode the default Luminance setting is 20 but the light output mirrors the Calibrated picture mode of 60. If you change it to 0 and force a resolution change, HDMI handshake or Picture Mode change the Luminance light output will default back to if it was set at 60(Calibrated Mode) but the menu still reads 0. Once you move it 1 or 2 clicks it remembers you set it at 0.

5b. Motion setting also behaves like the Luminance setting. Setting change is retained but the software does not remember your setting after every Power ON state?

6. HDMI handshake issues(Upgrading to 48gbps high speed cables sometimes helps)

7. Motion issues(subjective)

8. "Watch Free" button locks up TV. Tv is still responsive but Power plug needs to be pulled to reset TV. "Watch Free" Lock Up Issue

9. TV will set up HomeKit and work for a few minutes but then almost immediately loses connection. I get the accessory not responding from Siri on my HomePod. HomeKit Issue

10. Issue when switching from Eco Mode to Quick Start only to have it go back to Eco Mode on its own.

11. Firmware update notification bug: If you try to update the firmware it will check forever then eventually say it is the latest version, but the notification will never go away. After that the tv will not respond to any inputs and can not even be turned off with the power button on the tv itself. I had to unplug it entirely from the wall.

12. Display hours issue. Owners are claiming the display hours count is way off. 1 owner has owned the tv for 2 weeks and claims the display hours count is at 500 hours!
Owners Account:

13. Custom picture mode issue. Color Tuner or CMS loses settings and needs to be reset by switching to a random picture mode and back to your custom picture mode.
Custom Picture Mode Reset Description
Custom Picture Mode Color Issue

14. Shield TV Pro and Dolby Vision Compatibility Issue.
Shield and Dolby Vision Issue - Post #913
Images of Dolby Vision and Shield Issue - Post #914

15. TV will not turn ON via the remote or the Power ON button on the TV. Happens intermittently. 4K120 mode power issue. TV fails to turn ON after running 4K120 from XBOX, PS5 or RTX Graphics cards. Power cord has to be pulled to reset TV.

16. Owners complaining about higher input lag in Game Mode compared to the competition.
Rtings Vizio OLED Input Lag Test
1080p @ 60 Hz 21.8 ms
1440p @ 60 Hz 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz + 10 bit HDR 21.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 21.6 ms
We encountered some bugs during testing, similar to what we saw with the Vizio P Series Quantum 2020. The TV skips frames with 120Hz content on any resolution, so we couldn't test the input lag for it. This TV has VRR support, but there are a bunch of issues and it doesn't work with real content, so we couldn't measure its input lag

Rtings LG CX OLED Input Lag Test
1080p @ 60 Hz 13.6 ms
1440p @ 60 Hz 13.8 ms
4k @ 60 Hz 13.6 ms
4k @ 60 Hz + 10 bit HDR 13.5 ms
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 13.6 ms
1080p @ 120 Hz 6.9 ms
1440p @ 120 Hz 6.9 ms
4k @ 120 Hz 11.1 ms
1080p with Variable Refresh Rate 5.9 ms
1440p with VRR 6.2 ms
4k with VRR 11.1 ms

17. No 1440p @ 120 Hz support - Firmware 5.10.15.12.1 added 1440p 120Hz support however according to Rtings it still skips frames. 1440p @ 60Hz works correctly.

18. Ability to hide volume bar like in previous Vizio models

19. Issue passing through 4K60 signal through a sound bar from any hdmi 2.0 device when connected to Vizio OLED. HDMI passthrough issue with soundbar

20. Issue with HDMI Input AUTO setting. Auto setting does not properly recognize HDMI device. Setting 2.1 or 1.4 must be selected for proper HDMI EDID communication.

21. Black level issue with low bit rate or compressed content. Blacks get mushy and smeared when low bit rate compressed content is being displayed on screen.

22. The latest firmware(5.10.15.11-1) breaks 4K UHD discs outputting 4K resolution from PS5 disc player. I tried two different UHD discs yesterday(Matrix and Planet Earth) both down converting to 1080p. After a quick google search this issue has been widely reported as well. PS5 4K Disc output issue

23. The latest firmware(5.10.15.11-1) breaks the 20 point White Balance controls in the Color Tuner. For example, when trying to adjust the 20% IRE the 15% IRE option needs to be adjusted.

24. The latest firmware(5.10.15.12.1) causes a power issue when using an Apple 4K TV device. When putting the Apple device to sleep the Vizio OLED also powers down and cannot be turned on unless the power cord is pulled.
24a. The latest firmware(5.10.15.12.1) causes a power issue when using an XBOX Series X. If the tv is powered off while the Xbox is still on the tv no longer responds to power on commands and power plug must be pulled from outlet to get tv to power back on.
Xbox/Vizio power issue - post #6093
Xbox/Vizio power issue - post #6096

Firmware Update: 5.10.13.1-2 - October 5th 2020
  • Resolves #1 VRR issue with XBOX One X
  • Update to SmartCast. Seems to be less laggy than prior firmware.
Mike Wood - Director, Product Management, VIZIO
I just wanted to highlight a few updates for our new firmware in addition to the ones noted above.

As noted, we've made some gaming improvements to VRR playback on HDMI as well as HDMI/VRR verification issues. We've enhanced the support for 4K/120hz resolution for next-generation game consoles as well as the Nvidia graphics card RTX30 series.

We've also increased the Judder Reduction default from 0 to 2 in Bright Mode to give the image a smoother appearance.

Your TV will update automatically. To see if you have the new firmware, you can go to the Menu and select Admin & Reset, then select System Information to see the firmware you’re currently on. You can manually check to see if the update is available from the Admin & Reset menu and select the “Check for Updates”.

We will provide additional updates and answers on a regular basis going forward. You can always reach out to our customer service team at 1 (855) 833-3221

Thanks, Mike Wood
Director, Product Management, VIZIO
Vizio OLED Firmware Changelog 5.10.15.11-1

Go to the end of this thread , people have to unplug the tv from the wall to get the shyt to even come on

They talking a class action lawsuit

2021 VIZIO OLED65-H1/OLED55-H1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

grey blacks on an oled ?

Damn you furious bro :umad:
I don't have gray blacks, and are any of those reviews recent? Yours is :damn:

The Vizio worked flawlessly until I hooked up the series x, then it got funny styles for a while. An update happened and it works flawlessly enough. Since you only care for the negative, let's be honest :handshake:

Now you just got your TV so you really can't say shyt, so shut your fukkin trap until next week or the week after :birdman: (I kid)

If I turn my TV off while on the Xbox input? If I don't turn the TV back on within a few minutes, then I'll have to unplug it for 5 seconds, plug it back in and it's straight. My plug is easily accessible so it's not a problem for me but I can see that being an issue for a lot of people. So change your input when you finish gaming and that problem is no longer.

Sometimes when I switch to the Xbox input the screen is black but the sound works. Go to a different input then back to Xbox and the picture will work. Maybe switching by pressing a button is too much???

That's it, the picture quality is superb. Haven't had any guest not comment on how amazing the picture is so why would I care about what a clout chaser thinks? The most reputable places all deemed my TV worthy, can't say that for yours tho :sas2:
The 5 Best OLED 4k TVs - Summer 2021: Reviews
Peep the second best OLED in their opinion and then peep their pick for 2b, you'd think it would be one model, but they picked another model. See how my post is more affective and didn't require all the nonsense you posted? Illumiroom for the win :win:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Damn you furious bro :umad:
I don't have gray blacks, and are any of those reviews recent? Yours is :damn:

The Vizio worked flawlessly until I hooked up the series x, then it got funny styles for a while. An update happened and it works flawlessly enough. Since you only care for the negative, let's be honest :handshake:

Now you just got your TV so you really can't say shyt, so shut your fukkin trap until next week or the week after :birdman: (I kid)

If I turn my TV off while on the Xbox input? If I don't turn the TV back on within a few minutes, then I'll have to unplug it for 5 seconds, plug it back in and it's straight. My plug is easily accessible so it's not a problem for me but I can see that being an issue for a lot of people. So change your input when you finish gaming and that problem is no longer.

Sometimes when I switch to the Xbox input the screen is black but the sound works. Go to a different input then back to Xbox and the picture will work. Maybe switching by pressing a button is too much???

That's it, the picture quality is superb. Haven't had any guest not comment on how amazing the picture is so why would I care about what a clout chaser thinks? The most reputable places all deemed my TV worthy, can't say that for yours tho :sas2:
The 5 Best OLED 4k TVs - Summer 2021: Reviews
Peep the second best OLED in their opinion and then peep their pick for 2b, you'd think it would be one model, but they picked another model. See how my post is more affective and didn't require all the nonsense you posted? Illumiroom for the win :win:

The most reputable tv forum deemed it trash

You ignored that though

It’s hard to argue with a fool

good day

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seen a review of this tv that vrr is enabled for the ps5 and Sony TVs but it’s their own algorithm

But idk about that

I do know they have a custom algorithm to where I hit my ps5 it goes into game mode automatically despite there being no official Allm

ALLM is weird, because I've seen spotty support for it across TVs, but just generally throwing the TV into game mode based on input seems to be a standard feature of HDMI 2.1, too.

As far as I can tell, Sony's issues with VRR might be related to the Mediatek SOC they're using. It's also the reason they only have two HDMI 2.1 ports (that was the deciding factor for me in getting a C1. I'm running a Sonos soundcard, PS5, Series X, and Chromecast Ultra. All them shyts benefit from the extra bandwidth of 2.1). Someone can correct me on that one if it's something else, but it seems to be the common roadblock.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The most reputable tv forum deemed it trash

You ignored that though

It’s hard to argue with a fool

good day
the most? Who what where when and why.
And was this from a guy who took ten seconds to see what's good or Person who used it before and after the updates?

Again, your quotes was old mine are recent. So maybe you're operating on outdated information? Your bad...

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
ALLM is weird, because I've seen spotty support for it across TVs, but just generally throwing the TV into game mode based on input seems to be a standard feature of HDMI 2.1, too.

As far as I can tell, Sony's issues with VRR might be related to the Mediatek SOC they're using. It's also the reason they only have two HDMI 2.1 ports (that was the deciding factor for me in getting a C1. I'm running a Sonos soundcard, PS5, Series X, and Chromecast Ultra. All them shyts benefit from the extra bandwidth of 2.1). Someone can correct me on that one if it's something else, but it seems to be the common roadblock.
Idk about the chrome cast but I know to pass lossless audio through to the sound bar it’s going to take up the port

I have a subwoofer and speakers and only use a ps5c the Apple TV doesn’t need 2.1

if I had more devices I couldn’t of went with the sony

What got me was the colors and picture quality it’s pretty much dead on without having to touch anything

I’m gonna post some pics cuz it looks crazy

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
the most? Who what where when and why.
And was this from a guy who took ten seconds to see what's good or Person who used it before and after the updates?

Again, your quotes was old mine are recent. So maybe you're operating on outdated information? Your bad...

Good day sir

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk about the chrome cast but I know to pass lossless audio through to the sound bar it’s going to take up the port

I have a subwoofer and speakers and only use a ps5c the Apple TV doesn’t need 2.1

if I had more devices I couldn’t of went with the sony

What got me was the colors and picture quality it’s pretty much dead on without having to touch anything

I’m gonna post some pics cuz it looks crazy

Can't speak for an Apple TV, but at least with my Chromecast, on my old TV, I had to choose between it maxing out at 4K/30, or 1080P/60 for video quality/framerates. I've got 4K/60 as an option now that its got the extra bandwidth available via a 2.1 port. I'd imagine it's probably similar with the Apple TV. Given, it's totally overkill since I'm not running any 4K 60 content through my Chromecast, but I'm stubborn as shyt, and want what I paid for when I got the damn thing. :mjlol:

But the A80J most definitely would've been my choice if it had the extra 2.1 ports available. Picture quality on it from what I've seen is great, and I liked the design of the 80 and 90J better then the C1/G1. Although in fairness, I've got a soft spot for their TVs overall. I bought a Sony back in 2008 that's still kicking, and at times is more reliable than the Vizio (:lolbron:) I bought as a quick replacement for it in 2015.