If you accept Scarface (1983) film for what it is, it’s a good movie at best

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
The coli tries too hard to be edgy/different. Average films don't have this high of a replayability factor.

This dikkmouth above me even tries to one up OP with a new hot take: it's a comedy :martin:

It is by no means a masterpiece, but it absolutely is deserving of it's "classic" status and y'all should do better at coming up with topics that aren't so corny.

You need people like me, so you can point your fuckin finger and say "that's the bad guy" :ohlawd:
Dikkmouth? Lol talking about try hard.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Iconic movie. Pacino's accent is hilarious sometimes. But, the sheer force of the movie, the excess, the insanity, which is exactly what Stone and De Palma were aiming for. Also, this a near 3 hour movie that just moves.

There's a version that I could live with, where it ends with The World Is Yours scene.

The music, the photography, the depiction of 80's Miami, and some real pretty thoughtful parts about cocaine and alcohol and unhappiness in excess, which stems from Stone's cocaine addiction.

I was in Miami this year and stayed at the Esme, which is close to where the Caryle scene was filmed and it was just dope to be there, and feel that.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
it's not a cinematic masterpiece, but it is one of the most entertaining movies of all time :manny:

Sone of the shots are just stunning in beauty

the scene where Tony calls Sosa's errand boy as the sunset is sick

and the rest in scope, the direction in the club shootout, the building of tension is masterful