If women reach their sexual prime in their 30s, why are alot of marriages sexless?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I have been in a long term relationship with my ole lady (7 years) and honestly, I would rather jack off. She is nice looking and all but by the time you date a chick for a few years, that sh1t just ain't that important to you anymore.

I bet people in "sexless marriages" don't even realize they had sex with their s/o 10 times or less this year.

Went thru the exact same thing. After being with someone that long I started to understand how Al Bundy felt. My chick was beautiful too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
UserNameless said:
Desire for sex or the desire to cheat? Two different things...

And I applaud your research on this...good scholarly study that you found, but not really applicable. It's focuses on impotent men. That's different ballgame.

:wtf: How do you cheat without having sex?

Gotta read the pdf. The focus was on impotent men because there is no baseline for Testosterone levels. The study also found there was no increase in sexual function for those with 'nominal' levels, and the increase was negligibly increased in those with lower levels due to hypogonadism.

Were testosterone the deciding factor, then all test groups would have seen an increase in functionality.​

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

:wtf: How do you cheat without having sex?

Gotta read the pdf. The focus was on impotent men because there is no baseline for Testosterone levels. The study also found there was no increase in sexual function for those with 'nominal' levels, and the increase was negligibly increased in those with lower levels due to hypogonadism.

Were testosterone the deciding factor, then all test groups would have seen an increase in functionality.​
All right. Lemme dig into the .pdf ... Not gonna lie, I just read the abstract!

And lemme clarify, the desire for sex with a supposedly exclusive partner or the desire to cheat...Those are two different things.

Also, sexual function doesn't = strong desire. I'm saying hormonal function influences desire, but sexual function, from a purely mechanical standpoint (e.g., erection and orgasm) does not = desire.

Admittedly, that's a tough measure to quantify...but it's largely accepted that testosterone levels are linked to libido (manifestation of sexual desire).

A guy might have a mechanical problem, but still desire his woman.
A guy might be mechanically OK, but not desire his woman sexually much, but the base, primal urge will still allow for enough arousal to go through with intercourse.

Function, in a mechanical sense, is not purely dictated by anatomical processes. There's a psychological component, too. And that's difficult to measure. So that "manifestation" is not purely function-based/mechanical.

And for the record, emotional infidelity might be just as hurtful as sexual infidelity.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
UserNameless said:
All right. Lemme dig into the .pdf ... Not gonna lie, I just read the abstract!

And lemme clarify, the desire for sex with a supposedly exclusive partner or the desire to cheat...Those are two different things.

Also, sexual function doesn't = strong desire. I'm saying hormonal function influences desire, but sexual function, from a purely mechanical standpoint (e.g., erection and orgasm) does not = desire.

Admittedly, that's a tough measure to quantify...but it's largely accepted that testosterone levels are linked to libido (manifestation of sexual desire).

A guy might have a mechanical problem, but still desire his woman.
A guy might be mechanically OK, but not desire his woman sexually much, but the base, primal urge will still allow for enough arousal to go through with intercourse.

Function, in a mechanical sense, is not purely dictated by anatomical processes. There's a psychological component, too. And that's difficult to measure. So that "manifestation" is not purely function-based/mechanical.

And for the record, emotional infidelity might be just as hurtful as sexual infidelity.

I see you and that is what I was hinting at in my posts. If he's mechanically 'okay', then the reason he's cheating/abstaining is desire for his wife/partner has waned which, more than likely, is attributable to his state of mind.

I agree with you on the different 'desires' and 'emotional infidelity'.​

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I see you and that is what I was hinting at in my posts. If he's mechanically 'okay', then the reason he's cheating/abstaining is desire for his wife/partner has waned which, more than likely, is attributable to his state of mind.

I agree with you on the different 'desires' and 'emotional infidelity'.​
Word. I can rock with that.

Just saying let's not discount TLevels in this because those levels can -- and many times do -- play a role.

Good discussion man.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
So, **** because you believe it makes it true ? Well you believe you're a celebrity anyway, huh Chiquita ? :smugbiden:

Who is **** and... wait....

i2qtmFPM4YqW3.gif

I don't WANT to believe it but it is true unfortunately. I'm only a celebrity to people who act like they know me personally yet I've never heard of them... like you. Take me off the pedestal.