If this is how Samurais used to fight, I'd wash all of them!!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Ok that'll be enough now brother. Pull yourself together. Don't perform now. Don't do that brother.

A subtle shift in my body movement gripping a strand of fabric on your shirt could leave you devastated for the next 12 years. Let's be reasonable and tempered.

Let cooler heads prevail. Me being superior to you physically isn't something you need to jump out the window for brother.

:wow:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Samurais were gay and took male cheeks

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok that'll be enough now brother. Pull yourself together. Don't perform now. Don't do that brother.

A subtle shift in my body movement gripping a strand of fabric on your shirt could leave you devastated for the next 12 years. Let's be reasonable and tempered.

Let cooler heads prevail. Me being superior to you physically isn't something you need to jump out the window for brother.

:wow:

Brazilian jujitsu fighters are gay and took male cheeks
:mjlol:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Height is not as important as some of you think when it comes to melee warfare. Example, the average height of a Roman soldier when they were beating the mess out of the Nordic Germanic tribes was 5'7". The average of Nordic Germanic warriors was 6'1''. They were still getting their asses beat by the military might of Rome and its disciplined legions of mini-men.

Daps
One Samurai cut down 2 dozen Mongols when Kublai Khan invaded

"With eighty mounted samurai and their retinue, Sukekuni confronted an invasion force of what the Sō Shi Kafu describes as 8000 warriors embarked on 900 ships.[16] The Mongols landed at 02:00 in the morning on 4 November, and ignored the Japanese negotiation attempts, shooting with their archers and forcing them to retreat. The fight was engaged by 04:00.[16] The small garrison force was quickly defeated, but according to the Sō Shi Kafu, one samurai, Sukesada, cut down 25 enemy soldiers in individual combat.[17] The invaders defeated a final Japanese cavalry charge around nightfall.[17][16]

I'm pretty sure they GOT BUSY.. they had reign over Japan until gunpowder rifles and muskets became prevalent. Christian revolted and whoop the samurai ass because of muskets only.

I saw this fight on Netflix :ohhh:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
For some reason tall people think that they can fight.
History shows it has been the short psychotic men who have done the most successful conquering before the modern age. Judging how dangerous men are based on their size is a fool's game.

*Only women have the luxury of mistaking size for protection.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Samurai were feudal lords who essential had slaves do all the labor for them why they trained in fighting, poetry and other endeavors from sun up to sun down. Being a samurai also didn’t necessarily mean you were a great warrior as it’s just a title as you could be a Knight in feudal Europe and just be a regular lordling.

That said the primary weapon of a Samurai was the bow. They trained to shoot arrows from horse back from the time they were children.
GettyImages-520681829-1024x841.jpg

The secondary weapon of a samurai was the Yari or Spear, which they wielded from horse back. Again not much different than armored knights. Many famous samurai warriors in history didn’t use the Katana they used a spear
lighter

EIEuPUHXkAA1aoF.jpg

The Katana was generally only used as a last resort. But don’t get it twisted, Kendo is a watered down sport compared to real samurai combat but it still is about being able to land the first blow in a sword fight which would be fatal 99% of the time. It’s just like when you see a knifing. Guy gets punctured and he’s dead on his feet before he knows it.

If you go to a museum in Japan you will probably see 5 bows and spears to ever one sword. It’s a misconception born out of the fact after Japan was united under one Shogan there was very little warring so most of the warriors would just wander around with swords as sidearms. In fact when guns were introduced to Japan Oda Nobunaga quickly adopted them, gave them to a bunch of peasants and arguably one of the best line infantry in the world, certainly the east and his successor nearly conquered Korea with them.