If this doesn’t prove that them people planted Drake into the music industry…

Daps
once again you speaking on the coopted representation and not the modern proper representations of the art form. since you bringing a top 40 understanding of an art form that currently offers so much more than that there's no reason for me to discuss this further.

Catch you on a sports convo about the Knicks or something else, King :myman:

There's people in the hood playing basketball every day. You might like the way they play. But we both know that the people on the court in the NBA are the ACTUAL PRACTICAL modern representation of the sport. Nobody is paying attention to the folks on the court in your local hood.

Same goes for the rap art form. You know people and I know people that are underground rapping everyday. We like their flow and their content. But we both know that the people that's actually in the media, performing at large venues, getting played on the radio are the ACTUAL PRACTICAL modern representation of the genre.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's people in the hood playing basketball every day. You might like the way they play. But we both know that the people on the court in the NBA are the ACTUAL PRACTICAL modern representation of the sport. Nobody is paying attention to the folks on the court in your local hood.

Same goes for the rap art form. You know people and I know people that are underground rapping everyday. We like their flow and their content. But we both know that the people that's actually in the media, performing at large venues, getting played on the radio are the ACTUAL PRACTICAL modern representation of the genre.
I’m only concerned with the art form. I could give a fukk about the stage or platform.

Hip Hop is not a business to me. It’s the literary quality of the composition. It’s pause tapes and the krylon being sprayed over the billboard as we speak

Might be as simple as beats and rhymes to you but I’m a New York City kid, who grew up immersed in Hip Hop. It’s something I live and breathe and something that is alive and well today as it was before the corporations got involved. They spinning 45 inch Vinyl at party’s in Japan RIGHT now. They tagging up somewhere in Europe and in Brazil RIGHT NOW.

Not your culture? Respect. But it’s my culture and I live for it. It provided a form of expressed when wall other forms were taken from my community.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
And thats not Drake? :comeon:
It’s not. Dude had to grind and shake hands to gain traction like most rappers. He absolutely had an easier road to success because of his background and prior occupation. But his music career wasn’t just cooked up for him at a label meeting like Bhad babie or somebody like that

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Where does Birdman get the smoke for putting Drake on? :birdman:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
“I was birthed up top but raised at the bottom of the map”

They first angle was that Drake was a Memphis nikka :mjlol:

He came out of nowhere with a full budget video and a Trey songs feature and got played on BET:mjlol:

It didn’t work so the put him with Wayne and spun the block.

You realize that he had a career into Toronto he didn't come out of nowhere.

Let's stop rewriting history....

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He wasn’t “discovered” he was already in the entertainment industry and was selected. He was placed in lil Wayne’s hands the same way Eminem was placed in Dr Dre’s hands no matter what story they want to tell.
Him and his team were Mixtape Wayne stans. They sought him out.

He was discovered in the same way Big Sean or Cole was discovered. He put himself infront of the people he wanted to deal with.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Hating on drake this late in the game is some super corny shyt. Even if he doesn’t write his shyt, sonically he is one of the best spitters of all time . Plant or not you have to have the talent to produce unless you’re a white girl like Taylor swift who is a plant.

Daps
I’m only concerned with the art form. I could give a fukk about the stage or platform.

Hip Hop is not a business to me. It’s the literary quality of the composition. It’s pause tapes and the krylon being sprayed over the billboard as we speak

Might be as simple as beats and rhymes to you but I’m a New York City kid, who grew up immersed in Hip Hop. It’s something I live and breathe and something that is alive and well today as it was before the corporations got involved. They spinning 45 inch Vinyl at party’s in Japan RIGHT now. They tagging up somewhere in Europe and in Brazil RIGHT NOW.

Not your culture? Respect. But it’s my culture and I live for it. It provided a form of expressed when wall other forms were taken from my community.

I'm glad you said this, cause you brought up a very good point: Just like people in Japan and Europe and Brazil can take ownership and be involved in the art of hip hop and they are no less authentic than you are, so can a biracial dude from Toronto.

You are not the gatekeeper of what is hip hop and what is not, but even if you were, by your own definition, Drake is hip hop. :wow: :wow: :wow:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Has this been posted yet?

full

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad you said this, cause you brought up a very good point: Just like people in Japan and Europe and Brazil can take ownership and be involved in the art of hip hop and they are no less authentic than you are, so can a biracial dude from Toronto.

You are not the gatekeeper of what is hip hop and what is not, but even if you were, by your own definition, Drake is hip hop. :wow: :wow: :wow:
Once again my brotha you missing my point. I said he uses black American and other diasporan culture as a prop. He claimed to be raised in Memphis which was a blatant lie. His inauthenticity is my point. Where he’s Hip-Hop or not is a separate argument your having

Daps
Once again my brotha you missing my point. I said he uses black American and other diasporan culture as a prop. He claimed to be raised in Memphis which was a blatant lie. His inauthenticity is my point. Where he’s Hip-Hop or not is a separate argument your having

And again, I would tell you that if you are correct and he is acting, then okay, he is inauthentic. And so is every other mainstream rap/hip hop artist.

So now what?