If this doesn’t prove that them people planted Drake into the music industry…

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hating on drake this late in the game is some super corny shyt.
I spoke truths about his false claim to being raised in Memphis and his inauthentic emulation of everything black American. Y'all apply “hate” to any pejorative sentiment that you don’t agree with. I do not hate that man, I understand his con.
Plant or not you have to have the talent to produce unless you’re a white girl like Taylor swift who is a plant.
Talent right. Half of what he does is “singing” you ever heard him “sing” live on a mic without enhancements?

He can deliver raps well, but when you have entire camps of writers I’m not necessarily attributing that to you. His first album was a disappointment. His second album was great. And then we found out the core of it was repackaged from The Weeknd’s album that got scrapped to save his career.

Since before je was successfully marketed into “the next up” star in the game he had access to resources, producers, writers and platforms that nobody who doesn’t have powerful backing gets.

He’s the definition of a studio artist, “group effort” who is more of a product of HELP, Co-signs and placement then raw talent the way yall making it seem.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I remember listening to Aubrey on the Shade 45 morning show with Yee and Cipha Sounds. They used to have that part of the show where unsigned rappers trying to come up would have their shyt played and callers would call in to say they like it or it was trash (forget what it was called). Well Aubrey, a supposed unsigned, unknown rapper played a song featuring Wayne and the other may have been that song with Trey Songz. I also remember him promoting a mixtape with a bunch of already established artist on it. And listening to him talk you could tell he had extensive media training. You could tell he was being pushed as the next big artist. It was obvious. This was late 2000s.
Using this criteria, you could say that Snoop or Eminem were plants:mjlol:.

"Extensive media training" like that nikka wasn't LITERALLY an actor for years:skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok...we get it

it's cool to hate drake today....

nikka been around for 15 years now yall want him to go away....

lest we forget....yall dont even buy music ANYMORE....while his fans actually do

ioneemno-dave-chappelle.gif
He’s not going away. Nobody said that’s what’s desired. Again I said he’s been doing various forms of black cosplay since he got here
You realize that he had a career into Toronto he didn't come out of nowhere.

Let's stop rewriting history....
got any metrics or accolades to support this “career”? What time frame are you talking about? What venues did he pack in Toronto before the room for improvement “mixtape” that he just so happened to have major label artist clearances on?

“Mixtape” :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And again, I would tell you that if you are correct and he is acting, then okay, he is inauthentic. And so is every other mainstream rap/hip hop artist.

So now what?
I got my issues with them c00ns too. But it’s deeper with Drake because none of them were selected by zionist powers in the entertainment industry to put a Jewish face on a black art form.

Yes I’m livid with nikkas for co signing it and assisting them in pulling it off.

Daps
I got my issues with them c00ns too. But it’s deeper with Drake because none of them were selected by zionist powers in the entertainment industry to put a Jewish face on a black art form.

Yes I’m livid with nikkas for co signing it and assisting them in pulling it off.

Breh, we seen Bobby Schmurda dancing on a table for a table of zionists and worse than that. I think we got way more people that were handpicked by Jews than Drake was. We even saw Lyor Cohen ADMITTING to handpicking certain artists who are pushing destructive messages (way more destructive than anything Drake ever said) and pushing them. And guess what? Drake wasn't one of the artists he picked.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, we seen Bobby Schmurda dancing on a table for a table of zionists and worse than that. I think we got way more people that were handpicked by Jews than Drake was. We even saw Lyor Cohen ADMITTING to handpicking certain artists who are pushing destructive messages (way more destructive than anything Drake ever said) and pushing them. And guess what? Drake wasn't one of the artists he picked.
We having two different conversations. You keep countering my issue with Drake with c00n behavior from other negroes.

Bobby c00ned it up. I don’t respect him. But at the end of the he’s a kid who grew up in East Flatbush in Piss poor circumstances and I can understand why he’s ignorant and with out knowledge of self.

Drake on the other had everything. He from Forest Hill Toronto, but he wanted to come here talking that yo yo homie “trap” “kilo” talk with this PERFORMATIVE BLACKCENT. I can’t fukking stand it.

You like the music? You respect the artist? Cool. You got it. I’m not attacking you for that. For me, it’s disrespect in the worst way and I don’t excuse none of them other c00ns with a destructive message for my people.

Daps
We having two different conversations. You keep countering my issue with Drake with c00n behavior from other negroes.

Bobby c00ned it up. I don’t respect him. But at the end of the he’s a kid who grew up in East Flatbush in Piss poor circumstances and I can understand why he’s ignorant and with out knowledge of self.

Drake on the other had everything. He from Forest Hill Toronto, but he wanted to come here talking that yo yo homie “trap” “kilo” talk with this PERFORMATIVE BLACKCENT. I can’t fukking stand it.

You like the music? You respect the artist? Cool. You got it. I’m not attacking you for that. For me, it’s disrespect in the worst way and I don’t excuse none of them other c00ns with a destructive message for my people.

Oh so it's an issue of class and pretending to be part of a certain class of society when you grew up middle class and are educated.

Let's see. Just like Tyga, Wale, Pusha T (who actually grew up middle class and his family HAD money but he wanted to get more money so this fool started selling drugs), Offset, Travis Scott, and many others.

David Banner and Lil Jon were highly educated and literally dumbed themselves down on record. And many of them faked accents.

We found out that 21 Savage ain't even AMERICAN :mindblown:

But of course you don't have a problem with any of that. They had everything just like Drake and yet, they out here talking that "yo yo homie trap kilo" talk and definitely exaggerating accents to prove that they are part of a life that they not really in. I'd have more respect for your argument if you judged all of them by the same yardstick you judge Drake by.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I remember listening to Aubrey on the Shade 45 morning show with Yee and Cipha Sounds. They used to have that part of the show where unsigned rappers trying to come up would have their shyt played and callers would call in to say they like it or it was trash (forget what it was called). Well Aubrey, a supposed unsigned, unknown rapper played a song featuring Wayne and the other may have been that song with Trey Songz. I also remember him promoting a mixtape with a bunch of already established artist on it. And listening to him talk you could tell he had extensive media training. You could tell he was being pushed as the next big artist. It was obvious. This was late 2000s.
Drake and 40 came to LA around 2005/2006 and were writing for Dre for Detox. Makes sense timeline wise

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh so it's an issue of class and pretending to be part of a certain class of society when you grew up middle class and are educated.

Let's see. Just like Tyga, Wale, Pusha T (who actually grew up middle class and his family HAD money but he wanted to get more money so this fool started selling drugs), Offset, Travis Scott, and many others.

David Banner and Lil Jon were highly educated and literally dumbed themselves down on record. And many of them faked accents.

We found out that 21 Savage ain't even AMERICAN :mindblown:

But of course you don't have a problem with any of that. They had everything just like Drake and yet, they out here talking that "yo yo homie trap kilo" talk and definitely exaggerating accents to prove that they are part of a life that they not really in. I'd have more respect for your argument if you judged all of them by the same yardstick you judge Drake by.
You keep taking about who I don’t have a Problem with an I haven’t even began to discuss those individuals here. You have idea about my feelings in those individuals.

I’m making a very specific point up here and you got 1000 defections we get it fam. You’re still a drake fan. You’re entitled to that. I’m not acknowledging anything off topic in this thread

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me in 2022

He was right though. Yall just didn't want to hear it. Our three biggest rappers in the 2010s were Drake, Kendrick and J.Cole. Our biggest female rapper now is Cardi B. And our biggest black female singers are Beyonce and Rihanna. I know you gonna post a bunch of artists to try to prove some point but, these were the biggest artists:hubie:Wale may be insufferable and annoying but, he wasn't wrong that we let two biracial kids take over rap. Nor was he wrong that if Drake had released Bad, Lotus Flower Bomb, The Break Up Song, etc. instead they would have been rap classics. Wale made female-centric music and women didn't find him attractive.

Now everybody wanna admit he a priviledged "white boy" that's cosplaying when it was obvious back then if you weren't a dikkrider

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He’s not going away. Nobody said that’s what’s desired. Again I said he’s been doing various forms of black cosplay since he got here

got any metrics or accolades to support this “career”? What time frame are you talking about? What venues did he pack in Toronto before the room for improvement “mixtape” that he just so happened to have major label artist clearances on?

“Mixtape” :mjlol:
You a good poster. Don't go out sad over Drake conspiracies. Toronto rappers didn't pack venues in his come up era. 2005. You doing revisionist history Jew conspiracy shyt. I was there watching the scene in my city and I'm watching you rewrite shyt to advance a narrative. Have fun

:francis:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay? :ld: so you're saying that he didn't spend time with his dad during the summer in Memphis?

Drake wasn't around no real Memphis nikkas. I went to college with them and everyone of them looked like a Yo Gotti type nikka, a Lil Boosie type nikka or a long lost member of Three Six Mafia. Drake acted like too much of a herb before rap so he probably was in the suburbs pretending like he was in Memphis.

Superstar
Daps
So Memphis is just one large hood, right? To step out of his front door he would have seen dope boys selling crack damn near on his doorstep right?:mjpls:

:whoa:
I’ve been to Memphis twice and can, in fact, say that it very much looked like one large hood.

I wouldn’t not be surprised if he indeed had the neighborhood dope boys, in question. selling crack out of his home mailbox just to show him he wasn’t shyt.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I noticed Drake is the first person who does R&B and haters for some reason only forget when it's Drake that most R&B acts have ghostwriters. You never EVER hear anyone bring ghostwriters up when it's Michael Jackson. Go figure.
It's because Drake fans and drizzy himself still want to hold on to that hip-hop card and still want to be in "GOAT rapper" convos.
If they and he just accept that he's a pop artiste, then none of this would be an issue. That's literally what they talk about when he dips his toes
into multiple avenues, but wants the recognition of his peers and OG's in the hip-hop world. Nothing wrong with being the hook guy, or singing, or even getting writers
for ballads. If he's a singer, than he's a singer. If he's Mike Jack, then he's Mike Jack. If he's a popstar, than so be it. :ehh:

But he wants to be Mob Boss of Toronto and cosplay as the rap Vito Corleone. The kayfabe is funny, and silly and kinda entertaining. But its easy to pick apart and mock as well. If he wants to play the clown, people are going to laugh. And I don't even think Drake knows when the kayfabe ends. :hubie:

When Michael Jackson made Beat It, nobody thought he was actually trying to gang fight. That was just a pop artist running with a theme. But Drizzy really started touting his connections with known street guys(J.Prince) and really started to use this connection in his music to spit tough guy lyrics and make threats and run behind these guys. It's entertaining, but also comes across as silly.