If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

• Yes it definitely should!!

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No!! 2D is a thing of the past

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
looking at GG strive, SF5 character models would have looked mad clean with that. I don't think I've really shat on SF5 models tho other than Ken looking like shyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
wish they would at least bring back games like alpha or darkstalkers so they can put out some cartoony fighters and then keep street fighter ugly if they want to.

It would cost them like 5x as much as it takes for them to make regular games and take them 5x long to make a game animated like darkstalkers

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those games are made by the same dev. Capcom doesn't have rights to that engine/artstyle.

Capcom will probably go a different route entirely.
Are you dumb? :what::laff: legit question

1. I wasn't being literal, I know who makes all three of those games. I was just stating that I'd prefer for them to back to an anime graphic style.

2. I know they will go another route, hence why I said I'd love for SF6 to go that route and not that I believe it'll go that route.

3. I never asked for your thoughts on this topic, don't quote me again. I don't care about your opinion.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So steal Arc Sys artstyle and gentrify the whole genre.

Sometimes this community:snoop:
Sometimes I wonder if people are deliberately making posts as dumb as this? Like, you literally went out of your way to misread peoples stance in this thread :dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Are you dumb? :what::laff: legit question

1. I wasn't being literal, I know who makes all three of those games. I was just stating that I'd prefer for them to back to an anime graphic style.

2. I know they will go another route, hence why I said I'd love for SF6 to go that route and not that I believe it'll go that route.

3. I never asked for your thoughts on this topic, don't quote me again. I don't care about your opinion.

Negged for actin like a bytch ass nikka for no reason. Who raised you nikkas :gucci:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
an investment in a graphics engine like arc systems works' would make it better

I mean, they did invest in a graphics engine, it's just not the same kind. Marvel Vs Capcom 3 had a more similar style to the arcsys style and it came out before they did it.

I'm sure whatever Capcom decides to do for 6 will turn out good

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Did you know even though sprites were common place in the 90s that the games still looked drastically different?

Nah don’t even try that breh. Show a casual Fighters Destiny, Real Bout Fatal Fury, or Street Fighter and they couldn’t tell you which game is which. 90s were limited by color palettes unless they were SNK, and even then they change until they went bankrupt.

Devs now have the freedom to express a wide wide range of aesthetics and the only thing a certain group are saying gimme GG graphics.

Even if you don’t like SFV artstyle at least respect it for doing something different.

Sometimes I wonder if people are deliberately making posts as dumb as this? Like, you literally went out of your way to misread peoples stance in this thread :dead:

Miss me with that breh. This thread is legit based on the premise that the only way SFV is to survive is if it goes back to 2D. Keep in mind SFV is now their 2nd best selling SFV title.

You got multiple people in here saying the next SF should look like GG. Show me who hasn’t said that. The only iteration of SF that was barely “anime” was alpha but damn does nostalgia blind yall.

Last edited: