If The Godfather was remade in 2016

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Goodfellas was the last good one in my opinion. As far as the genre itself Italy has a series called Gomorrah which is one of the best shows I've seen.

I think Scorsese closed it out with The Departed..It's as close to a Mean Streets/ Goodfellas 2k as we're ever gonna get

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the shyt is on right now

i gotta be honest...reading the book (the GOAT book) fukked up the movie for me. i cant stop noticing how they changed the lines here and there, and just in general seeing how theyre reading the script from the book. and like, james caan is not that fukkin good in this :dead:

anyone read the book in here? you know what im talkin about

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
the shyt is on right now

i gotta be honest...reading the book (the GOAT book) fukked up the movie for me. i cant stop noticing how they changed the lines here and there, and just in general seeing how theyre reading the script from the book. and like, james caan is not that fukkin good in this :dead:

The book is so dope...so much more detail and back stories...it didn't fukk up the movie for me tho

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Don Corleone would be impossible to cast.ANYONE attempting would just be digging their own grave.Smh.
Thread is blasphemous.

But I'll play along

:jbhmm:
tumblr_l56or5KzXW1qzdqj6.gif

MV5BNzMyODg0MzUxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDEzMTQyMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
I'm surprised they haven't done a Godfather 4 by now. It wouldn't be that hard to do, just get the right cast and bring Coppola back from the dead to direct it. It would be a blockbuster
He's alive, dummy.

A man who has not seen the GF Trilogy is not a real man.

4 real tho, how does your og not show you the flicks by at least age 15 :what: Is he :wrist: Are u fatherless.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
the shyt is on right now

Book is actually better than the movies IMO. Mario Puzo is dope.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
He's alive, dummy.

A man who has not seen the GF Trilogy is not a real man.

4 real tho, how does your og not show you the flicks by at least age 15 :what: Is he :wrist: Are u fatherless.
What the f*ck are you talkin' about? I've seen the triolgy a thousand times over. And I know Coppla is still alive. That was a figure of speech you jackazz:martin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Who would you cast in the following roles:

Don Corleone
Michael Corleone
Santino Corleone
Fredo Corleone
:patrice:

I would personally say:

Don: Robert De Niro
images

Michael: Michael Fassbender
Michael-Fassbender-hp_GQ_03Feb13_bt_408x408.jpg

Santino: Tom Hardy
images

Fredo: Justin Chatwin
images

The only problem is, Michael is supposed to be the youngest brother and this would definitely change the dynamics of the original but I just can't think of any big name actor who could possibly do the role justice:patrice:

Who I think Hollywood would probably cast

Don Corleone: Bryan Cranston
Michael: Channing Tatum:troll:

Santino: Michael B Jordan (adopted brother:troll:)

Fredo: Aaron Paul
are any of these guys fukking italian :francis: (excluding de niro of course)

i don't think we even have enough italian actors to fill these roles anymore.... which is ok... cause the mafia and the glory years for them is pretty much dead now too... but damn... i really have zero clue who could fill these shoes but a bunch of nikkas from boardwalk empire

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
Oscar Isaac would be a good fit for Michael...he kinda had a Michael vibe in A Most Violent Year
maxresdefault.jpg

Bobby Cannavale for Sonny...he could play the hot tempered charming one (i.e Boardwalk, Vinyl)
BobbyC.jpg

It's only right for Bobby D to play Vito

Fassbender good for Hagen

Cranston for Barzini
cranston-306-1380123735.jpg

Jeffrey Dean Morgan for Sollozzo

magic-city-season-2-jeffrey-dean-morgan.jpg

Tom Hardy- Carlo

Noomi Rapace- Connie

Jessica Chastain- Kay....her and Isaac had dope chemistry in Most Violent Year

They don't need to remake it tho lol

Last edited:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
If ever a movie did not need a remake it's The Godfather. There's absolutely nothing you can improve upon.

A lot of Films can be told from a different prespective or technology can improve the film. But The Godfather is set at a specific time and it's old school classic feel makes it great.

Plus the cast was :banderas: