If the fat boy from remember the titans can lose weight what's your excuse?????

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Going strictly off common statistics the majority of folk on this board is overweight....even those calling out others for being fat. It's a simple answer...bad food taste good and is easily accessible plus working out is hard and good food for the body doesn't taste good.

Gotta prioritize things tho....the food and laziness simply isn't worth the negatives that come with it but I understand the struggle. Mind over matter tho, your weight is one of the few things in life you have control over.

I’ve been a tall and skinny hard gainer all of my life. I was eating like complete shyt back in 2013 when my lady was pregnant with my first kid. Dirty bulking like a mug. I looked at my face in the mirror, and said “aww hell nah”. I didn’t think that shyt could happen to me. I’ve been plant based/vegan ever since. Lost all of that skinny-fat weight in about two months and haven’t looked back.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what’s that breh

The idea is that you want to be in a state of flow

Anything too difficult creates anxiety.
Anything too easy creates boredom.

So you want to exert yourself enough where it is challenging, but not too hard or too easy. This way you'll keep doing it and it will grow to become addicting.

In America there is this focus to train harder all the time. One more rep. Go go go...and so forth.

And what happens is that kind of training inevitably leads to injury...and...it is so stressful and creates anxiety to the point where if you're a beginner or have even the mildest lapse in motivation, you're gonna skip days or quit. Because you cannot go all out all the time. It's too depleting.

Consistency and quantity are the idea.

This won't work for some. I mean if your goal is to be the next Ronnie Coleman...youre gonna have to go to your limits. But if the goal is to just be stronger and fit...maybe it's worth a try.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Going strictly off common statistics the majority of folk on this board is overweight....even those calling out others for being fat. It's a simple answer...bad food taste good and is easily accessible plus working out is hard and good food for the body doesn't taste good.

Gotta prioritize things tho....the food and laziness simply isn't worth the negatives that come with it but I understand the struggle. Mind over matter tho, your weight is one of the few things in life you have control over.
Amen to this.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
maxresdefault.jpg

:picard:

My-600-Lb-Life-Marla-update-2.jpg

Is-Marla-McCants-still-alive-4.png

:ehh:
I didn't know about this I'm so happy for her. Seeing her fry chicken from bed always stuck with me:to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Distance to a healthy grocery store doesnt have as a strong a correlation to obesity as you think it does

Yes it does as it affects the options. Diet is 90% nutrition and 10% actually working out. You want to be fit and healthy you don't have to grind in the gym. Just eat healthier. Slicing up an apple and crunching on that rather than chips will save your damn life. It'll save it more than eating chips then working out. Slim Jim's aren't the same as fresh beef.

There's a vast difference from people who eat healthy and don't work out vs people who eat fast food, chips and drink pop all day and don't work out.

It's almost like they either dont care or choose to keep the healthier options out of the hood.

We really don't need to break it down further but food is fuel. It affects mood, energy, your body can perform as it needs to with all the bullshyt. But that's another topic and another thread.