If Lamar/The Ravens worst performance is always in the playoffs. How does Harbough escape criticism?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Harbaugh absolutely deserves criticism but you can’t deny Lamar has his worst games in the playoffs. :manny:

His first vs the chargers I don’t hold against him but he has to be better.

It also doesn’t help that two of his worst playoff performances happened the year he won MVP. :francis:

I don’t know if it’s trying to prove something or he just simply chokes under the pressure.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I still wonder if it was Lamar's insecurities (of being called a running back) or if it was Harbaugh that made them completely switch up from their winning recipe of running
Harbaugh had nothing to do with that. He has nothing to do with the offense, or the defense. I'm still not sure what he actually does other than give pre and post game speeches and make stupid challenges. A real coach would have screamed on the OC and Lamar and made sure they just played their game instead of trying to make Lamar into Dan Marino

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The star QB is always gonna be the lightning rod to take the hits, same way Manning was the face of all those Colts playoff disasters even though Dungy's track record was just as bad (if not worse after Gruden immediately won a SB with his team)

Harbaugh got some criticism for the gameplan but like you said, that Flacco SB run made him teflon.

:yeshrug:

comparing Lamar playoffs performance to Peyton isn’t fair to Lamar

Because Peyton played with bonafide Hall of Famers on the offense side of the ball

• Marshall Faulk
  • Marvin Harrison
  • Edgerrin James
  • Reggie Wayne

premier58

All Star
Daps
Yet, he's been on the "coach's hot seat" numerous times :mjpls:
Tomlin underachieved for years, yet gets a free pass for running a treadmill team. You know, one that sneaks in the playoffs, but isnt a threat at all. What about 2014-2018 where his team was loaded and they did nothing?? I support all brother coaches and I love the speeches, but Mike has not done much since 2010

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Tomlin underachieved for years, yet gets a free pass for running a treadmill team. You know, one that sneaks in the playoffs, but isnt a threat at all. What about 2014-2018 where his team was loaded and they did nothing?? I support all brother coaches and I love the speeches, but Mike has not done much since 2010

Ehh thats a bit much.:patrice:

I will be the first to admit that Tomlin sort of underachieved during the 'Killer-B' Era. Although I would say 2017 was the only year that they really performed below expectations.

But we know that this is a QB driven league, and the Steelers have not had 'top-10' QB play since 2016. And lets not forget the atrocious QB play of the past 3 years.

The fact that that awful team made the playoffs last year may be his biggest accomplishment outside of winning the SB. :manny:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Loaded? On the defensive side of the ball. But the offense has been meh for years. Ben was on a steady decline and outside of Antonio Bryant, they didn't have no WRs to write home about. I do think Cal Pickens is a star. Can't expect the man to be Superman with trash ass QBs.

You guys just talk just to talk. Pittsburgh is one of the most cheapest teams in the NFL. They don't like to spend money. So yeah Tomlin has done a hell of job. The slave mind is real. I didn't her this shyt about Bill Cowher. He was coach for damn near 20 years and only won one Super Bowl. I thought he was overrated.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
People forget that Lamar saved Harbaugh's job. We were about to have a new coach if Lamar didn't come in and help us get to the playoffs. That said, I can definitely see changes being made especially if we have another performance like last year. If any changes are made, I hope Decosta being gone is part of it.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It actually didn't because if not for switching to Lamar in 2018 and going on that run to win the division, Harbaugh probably would have been fired. That would have been 4 straight playoff less seasons from 2015-2018.
Yeah that's almost impossible to survive. Only person I can remember recently that went 4 seasons with no playoffs is Gary Kubiak with the Texans(and he went 5 years no playoffs)

premier58

All Star
Daps
Loaded? On the defensive side of the ball. But the offense has been meh for years. Ben was on a steady decline and outside of Antonio Bryant, they didn't have no WRs to write home about. I do think Cal Pickens is a star. Can't expect the man to be Superman with trash ass QBs.

You guys just talk just to talk. Pittsburgh is one of the most cheapest teams in the NFL. They don't like to spend money. So yeah Tomlin has done a hell of job. The slave mind is real. I didn't her this shyt about Bill Cowher. He was coach for damn near 20 years and only won one Super Bowl. I thought he was overrated.
Talk to talk?? Ben was still great during the period I referenced. So a team with an elite QB, elite RB, elite WR and a strong Oline, isnt loaded? In what world? The elite RB was also an amazing receiver. Martavis Bryant showed signs of being explosive. They brought Juju in who made plays, immediately. That team did nothing memorable

premier58

All Star
Daps

What is this shyt? Youre totally glossing over the Killer B's period. No showing at New England in the 2016 AFC championship game. Next year with a chance for revenge, you get blitzed by Jacksonville, at home. Got destroyed by Cleveland at home, during the playoffs. Slave mind? What the fukk does race have to do with anything? Im stating facts. Why are you mentioning Bill Cowher? Who brought him up? Since he's a brother, I cant mention how he hasnt won a playoff since before Patrick Mahomes was drafted?