If Lamar/The Ravens worst performance is always in the playoffs. How does Harbough escape criticism?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I know,he won a Superbowl that time Joey Flacco had the hot hand:respect:

But are we convinced that when he gets to the playoffs,he wont simply be outcoached time and time again by other good coaches?

People paint the narrative Lamar is the one choking. But maybe the coach just isnt on the same level as other winning coaches come playoff time. Who goes first if the struggle continues,Lamar or Harbough?

Edit-And oh yeah :mjpls:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The star QB is always gonna be the lightning rod to take the hits, same way Manning was the face of all those Colts playoff disasters even though Dungy's track record was just as bad (if not worse after Gruden immediately won a SB with his team)

Harbaugh got some criticism for the gameplan but like you said, that Flacco SB run made him teflon.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah I know,he won a Superbowl that time Joey Flacco had the hot hand:respect:

But are we convinced that when he gets to the playoffs,he wont simply be outcoached time and time again by other good coaches?

People paint the narrative Lamar is the one choking. But maybe the coach just isnt on the same level as other winning coaches come playoff time. Who goes first if the struggle continues,Lamar or Harbough?

Edit-And oh yeah :mjpls:
This is an easy answer, so I don’t know why you ask it. It’s Harbaugh because if Jackson’s two MVPs.

There should be major pressure on the both of them for varying reasons, but Jackson will likely get the benefit of a doubt above Harbaugh based on this previous seasons regular season performance.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is an easy answer, so I don’t know why you ask it.

Those two MVPs have accelerated and increased the expectations to perform in the playoffs for Lamar whether it’s fair or not. It also doesn’t help that people were trying to put him up that with Mahomes before that matchup even happened.

I asked to hear yall say Harbough would get the boot. You honestly think Lamar should be the one to go:gucci:?

And dont tell me what everyone else and the media will say. What do you actually believe?

How does a superbowl 15 years ago make Harbough teflon,but two recent MVPs only accelerate pressure on Lamar? Who supposedly should be traded if he doesnt live up to that pressure.

Is Lamar good enough to overcome a stupid coach like Mahommes has been? I think last year proves the answer is yes. He nearly beat Mahommes and the Chiefs despite a weird gameplan to not run the ball,plus that Zay Flowers penalty and fumble. Other peoples stupidity making Lamar look bad.

With or without Harbough Lamar is coming,but with Harbough he might have to ice skate up hill to get one. Cant wait to see this lamar + Derrick Henry combo:wow:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I asked to hear yall say Harbough would get the boot. You honestly think Lamar should be the one to go:gucci:?

And dont tell me what everyone else and the media will say. What do you actually believe?

How does a superbowl 15 years ago make Harbough teflon,but two recent MVPs only accelerate pressure on Lamar? Who supposedly should be traded if he doesnt live up to that pressure.

Is Lamar good enough to overcome a stupid coach like Mahommes has been? I think last year proves the answer is yes. He nearly beat Mahommes and the Chiefs despite a weird gameplan to not run the ball,plus that Zay Flowers penalty and fumble. Other peoples stupidity making Lamar look bad.

With or without Harbough Lamar is coming,but with Harbough he might have to ice skate up hill to get one. Cant wait to see this lamar + Derrick Henry combo:wow:
I edited my comment that the answer should be Harbaugh, but Lamar hasn't done himself any favors with his lack of playoff performances especially considering people insist on putting him up there with Mahomes. Both deserve their own criticism for the lack of success.

This last playoff performance is definitely on him though especially considering that the defense did their part.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I like Lamar but in the playoffs he goes put there and it's almost like he tries to prove the point that he isn't a running QB. He did better this year but KC had a defense that was way better than people gave them credit for and Mahomes didn't really outplay Lamar starting out but that 2nd half was awful.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Harbaugh got a few things going for him

He's won a SB (and tbh that Flacco run doesnt even happen if Moore doesnt have a brainfart here )
He's also reached the playoffs a lot. Generally a SB win + being a perennial contender keeps you in the house. Even without a SB win someone like Kyle Shanahan is enjoying a huge blank check from the Niners org :manny:

He's not an offensive or defensive coordinator and he has never been one, so playcalls and specific player failures would have to be egregious to reach him criticism-wise. If he isnt calling the plays and he isnt playing on the field, its tougher to blame him.

He's responsible for the team and the bottom line in general like a CEO, but it's tough to say how much his involvement is and on what level. Whereas, for guys like Reid, Shanny or even more of all-encompassing HCs like Beli, they either call plays directly or have a huge input or used to call plays.

Even his bro would have veto power on offensive plays, but I dont think John does.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I still wonder if it was Lamar's insecurities (of being called a running back) or if it was Harbaugh that made them completely switch up from their winning recipe of running

broller

Veteran
Daps
The star QB is always gonna be the lightning rod to take the hits, same way Manning was the face of all those Colts playoff disasters even though Dungy's track record was just as bad (if not worse after Gruden immediately won a SB with his team)

Harbaugh got some criticism for the gameplan but like you said, that Flacco SB run made him teflon.

It actually didn't because if not for switching to Lamar in 2018 and going on that run to win the division, Harbaugh probably would have been fired. That would have been 4 straight playoff less seasons from 2015-2018.