If Infinity War Isn't Good....Could It Kill The Superhero Genre?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah I get that but the whole infinity war storyline started when Thanos showed up. Not the first iron Man so my point still stands. This has been 6 years of build up and hype not ten

Dude, They had the roadmap since the first iron man movie, this was ALWAYS in the plan...:heh: it was called Phase 1 remember?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I get that but the whole infinity war storyline started when Thanos showed up. Not the first iron Man so my point still stands. This has been 6 years of build up and hype not ten

False, the Infinity Gauntlet popped up in the first Thor movie.

Not to mention the Space Stone was in the first Captain America movie.

It doesn't make much sense to say this story line started when Thanos appeared. They obviously been planning this story, or a version of it, since day 1.

Fred.

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Lmfao "if it's not good"

10 years in and people still thinking Marvel gonna fail :dead:

The company that made Rocket Rac00n and Antman household names. You really think the end all be all of the mcu is gonna suck??

:dead:

nikkas made America fall in love with a talking tree that says three words
:wow:

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Think about all the options marvel have. Hypothetically lets say infinity war was a let down, BP2 still gon fill the theater up. Hell marvel can tease at a 5 second clip of killmonger still being alive and it's a wrap
:wow:

Thor became a bigger character after ragnarok. Gotg won't lose any fans. Not saying marvel can't fall off over time, but it's not happening now.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
if critics & fans alike end up hating infinity war, could it tank the entire superhero genre? or is the superhero genre too big to fail at this point?

I mean this is what the MCU has been building up to for 10 years...if its nothing short of amazing it going to take the wind out of everyone sails and superhero fatigue will probably set in
BP aside, it's lowkey setting in already :iseeu:

The Netflix universe is significantly less important than it was when it started. Only a matter of time before it spreads to movies.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Forget the fact that it will most likely be good, do you really think anyone with a platform would have the balls to vocalize that it wasn't?:gucci::mjlol:
Modern journalism :scust:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

The Netflix universe is significantly less important than it was when it started. Only a matter of time before it spreads to movies.
:mjlol: people been saying this since the first spiderman reboot, and superhero movies box office returns continue to set records and bring in new audiences. Hence the reason you had to imediately say BP aside. nikka why? BP counts just as much as every superhero movie. Fatigue isn't setting, interest is at an all time high a still growing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
superhero fatigue will probably set in

You cats been saying this for 5+ years and "Black Panther" just did $1.3 billion....and "Infinity War" just broke the ticket presale records of that movie.

"Wonder Woman" did $821 mill.

"GOTG Vol. 2" did $838 mill.

"Spider-Man: Homecoming" did $880 mill.

"Thor: Raganarok" did $854 mill.

etc etc etc.

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
You cats been saying this for 5+ years and "Black Panther" just did $1.3 billion....and "Infinity War" just broke the ticket presale records of that movie.

"Wonder Woman" did $821 mill.

"GOTG Vol. 2" did $838 mill.

"Spider-Man: Homecoming" did $880 mill.

"Thor: Raganarok" did $854 mill.

etc etc etc.

Fred.
Oh, it's a-coming. Nine or ten years from now, just you wait
04jrzII.png

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

To be fair the hows have gotten progressively worse with each installment.

I hope this is good. I'm really excited for it. So I was excited for Last Jedi too given the director. So I won't get my hopes up too high yet