If Infinity War Isn't Good....Could It Kill The Superhero Genre?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Here’s the thing that people aren’t taking into consideration.

Yes..... we are old..... we may grow out of this cuz this shyt is here along for us in our adult hood

But what about Lil Jimmy and Becky?

A lot of them were born in 2005 and up so a lot of them was watching IM since they was babies or maybe was born after 2008 but was old enough to see the later movies and when back to see IM.

Cuz it’s doubtful the go back further so yea they growing up on the MCU.

When we was kids, we didn’t have a Black super hero really.... it’s like 70s babies had Shaft and then it was absent for a few years..... but these 00s and 10s kids grew up on Nick Fury, War Machine, Falcon, and now BP and Wakanda.

Then there are the Marvel cartoons they watching on Disney XD, then the theme parks and etc.

So if “we age out” there is another platoon or legion Marvel fans ready to fill the voids.

Where are the cartoons and other shows to promote their brand to the next generation? And I mean like a consistent tv cartoon not the once or twice a year animated cartoon for teens and adult?

If I’m a Little Jimmy, I know can take a Disney crews or go to a theme park and see Cap and Hulk and etc or go to Wakanda.

But can I go to say Metropolis and where can I find other hero’s?

Na man..... trust there is plenty to replace the ones that get “burnt out”

Martha

facts. i was a casual comic fan before the MCU took off with IM (more of a x-men, spider-man and batman fan really). i knew some of the characters but didn't know their background, skills or importance but now i subscribe to marvel unlimited, read a couple of arcs a month and follow comics closely now. even if someone gets burned out, it'll light the fire for someone else like you said.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Here’s the thing that people aren’t taking into consideration.

Yes..... we are old..... we may grow out of this cuz this shyt is here along for us in our adult hood

But what about Lil Jimmy and Becky?

A lot of them were born in 2005 and up so a lot of them was watching IM since they was babies or maybe was born after 2008 but was old enough to see the later movies and when back to see IM.

Cuz it’s doubtful the go back further so yea they growing up on the MCU.

When we was kids, we didn’t have a Black super hero really.... it’s like 70s babies had Shaft and then it was absent for a few years..... but these 00s and 10s kids grew up on Nick Fury, War Machine, Falcon, and now BP and Wakanda.

Then there are the Marvel cartoons they watching on Disney XD, then the theme parks and etc.

So if “we age out” there is another platoon or legion Marvel fans ready to fill the voids.

Where are the cartoons and other shows to promote their brand to the next generation? And I mean like a consistent tv cartoon not the once or twice a year animated cartoon for teens and adult?

If I’m a Little Jimmy, I know can take a Disney crews or go to a theme park and see Cap and Hulk and etc or go to Wakanda.

But can I go to say Metropolis and where can I find other hero’s?

Na man..... trust there is plenty to replace the ones that get “burnt out”

Martha

Truth being spoken. I gave my 4 y.o. nephew a black panther pop figure and the first words out his mouth were, "It's me!" :mjcry:
He knows damn near every avenger and loves Groot on the GOTG cartoon. These kids will be hooked for life like many of us are.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
dikkriding movie studios aint my thing breh

I judge each movie on its own

I haven’t seen Black Panther so i cant speak on that

Winter Soldier was great and Ant Man was pretty good though

Most of the other movies have been just ok or wack
Lol you a DC Stan I can tell hahaha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
facts. i was a casual comic fan before the MCU took off with IM (more of a x-men, spider-man and batman fan really). i knew some of the characters but didn't know their background, skills or importance but now i subscribe to marvel unlimited, read a couple of arcs a month and follow comics closely now. even if someone gets burned out, it'll light the fire for someone else like you said.

Yes That’s what’s up!! Even I have learned sooo much over the last decade. I was above casual fan.... knew mainly about the typical popular hero’s but never heard about or followed Jessica Jones, Falcon , Daughters of the Dragon or etc

Truth being spoken. I gave my 4 y.o. nephew a black panther pop figure and the first words out his mouth were, "It's me!" :mjcry:
He knows damn near every avenger and loves Groot on the GOTG cartoon. These kids will be hooked for life like many of us are.

Yea they growing up in THIS world...... the movie then watching the cartoons.

They pretty much have the next decades on lock

Martha

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If Infinity Wars bombs, it'll screw up the rest of the movies for the next 1 or 2 years. Or at least until Black Panther is released again.

I doubt it'll bomb though. Marvel isn't DC. :francis:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You cats been saying this for 5+ years and "Black Panther" just did $1.3 billion....and "Infinity War" just broke the ticket presale records of that movie.

"Wonder Woman" did $821 mill.

"GOTG Vol. 2" did $838 mill.

"Spider-Man: Homecoming" did $880 mill.

"Thor: Raganarok" did $854 mill.

etc etc etc.

Fred.
I remember when Marvel had barely gotten through with Phase 1 and people going "That fatigue about to set in:francis:" on the other forums I frequent

If only they had a time machine to see how wrong they would end up being:wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex