"If I hear the word doppelgänger one more time" Vampire Diaries Season 5 and the Originals thread

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Damon will be back. All 3 main stars (elena, Stefan and Damon) all signed on for 6 seasons. Either way though, TVD needs to end after the 6th though. They still haven't matched the GOATness that was season 1 and 2.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohlawd: I just got done watching the 2nd to last episode of the season of "The Originals". Such piff!!!!! I can't wait to watch the season finale tomorrow night.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: Now that the season is over, how do y'all rank the 5 seasons of TVD? My list is:

1. Season 1
2. Season 2
3. Season 3
4. Season 5

5. Season 4

Season 1 & 2 are interchangeable at the Top 2 spots. I wanna say that Season 3 & season 5 are interchangeable at #3 & #4 spots, but I care a whole lot more about The Originals as the Antagonists & the main storyline revolving around them in Season 3 than the various Antagonists in Season 5. So Season 3 definitely ranks ahead of Season 5.

Season 4 is easily the worst season because it was such a mess, especially the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:lupe: Now that the season is over, how do y'all rank the 5 season of TVD? My list is:

1. Season 1
2. Season 2
3. Season 3
4. Season 5

5. Season 4

Season 1 & 2 are interchangeable at the Top 2 spots. I wanna say that Season 3 & season 5 are interchangeable at #3 & #4 spots, but I care a whole lot more about The Originals as the Antagonists & the main storyline revolving around them in Season 3 than the various Antagonists in Season 5. So Season 3 definitely ranks ahead of Season 5.

Season 4 is easily the worst season because it was such a mess, especially the 2nd half of the season.
Your list is basically the same as mine. You're right about season 4, that Silas shyt was a fukking mess and to find out he was damn doppelgänger the whole time was an extreme let down. Now that i think about it, I would put season 3 ahead of season 5. I liked seeing the original family together and also we were introduced to Rebekah and Michael even though he was criminally underused. Plus season 5 did get better in the later half but the first half I didn't really care for.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Your list is basically the same as mine. You're right about season 4, that Silas shyt was a fukking mess and to find out he was damn doppelgänger the whole time was an extreme let down. Now that i think about it, I would put season 3 ahead of season 5. I liked seeing the original family together and also we were introduced to Rebekah and Michael even though he was criminally underused. Plus season 5 did get better in the later half but the first half I didn't really care for.

:snoop: Bruh, I forgot that most of the 1st half of the season that aired before the winter/mid-season break felt like just a continuation of the struggle-ass Season 4. That's why there's a lot folks in this thread saying they care more about "The Originals" than what's going on in TVD.

But they came back strong after the winter break.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
season 4 was all about Elena being comfortable with being a vampire,and season 5 was about whether or not Damon and Elena should be together which they still haven't answered, looks like we finally get a caroline vs. elena plot point in next season which ive been waiting for since the pilot

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
season 4 was all about Elena being comfortable with being a vampire,and season 5 was about whether or not Damon and Elena should be together which they still haven't answered, looks like we finally get a caroline vs. elena plot point in next season which ive been waiting for since the pilot

I was just about to post:
:dahell: What long running Caroline vs. Elena plot point since the pilot?

:ohhh:Than I just remembered that Caroline was pursuing Stephan ever harder than Elena in the pilot, before Stephan turned her down & she settled for Damon. That feels like such a long-ass time ago even though I just got into TVD back in December/January. That pilot is mediocre at best & doesn't do the series (or Season 1) justice.

Now that you have reminded me of that plot point from the Pilot, I'm looking even more forward to the Caroline-Stephan-Elena triangle next season.

:mjpls: BTW, I've already started up an OFFICIAL "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 & "The Originals" Season 2 DISCUSSION Thread since we're already getting news, tidbits, & rumors for the upcoming seasons of these 2 shows: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...-originals-season-2-discussion-thread.218745/

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
remembered that Caroline was pursuing Stephan ever harder than Elena in the pilot, before Stephan turned her down & she settled for Damon. That feels like such a long-ass time ago even though I just got into TVD back in December/January. That pilot is mediocre at best & doesn't do the series (or Season 1) justice.

Now that you have reminded me of that plot point from the Pilot, I'm looking even more forward to the Caroline-Stephan-Elena triangle next season.

i still remember that conversation caroline had with bonnie, when caroline realized her and elena both like the new boy and bonnie was like "it is not supposed to be a competition", and caroline looked at her and was like "yes, it is" I started rubbing my hands like birdman, then they threw that shiet in the bushes

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Ok I couldn't find a thread for this new season, but anyone still watchin these? Vampire Diaries is much better without Elena imo now lol.

The time skip scenes got me intrigued as well :jbhmm:

Edit: Nvm found it. shyt was abbreviated :beli: