If GFID suffers another pushback, what will your thoughts be about Rick Ross?

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to some industry insiders. Unless spins pick up within the next 10 days on Rick Ross 2 new singles that were sent to radio & itunes. GFID will suffer another pushback to either August or October. (October means Skip him and go meek mill)

Also if it was going to be pushed back, it would be announced before July4th weekend and they'd do a bigger rollout for selfmade 2 instead.

Remember Ross was named #1 Hottest MC in the game by MTV "braintrust". His first pushback was blamed on seizures/health conditions rather than his first two singles being unable to pick up on the charts or radio.

I've heard some ppl even say that Ross was given that #1 spot basically since he was the boss of the hottest group (MMG) buzzin in the streest at the time as opposed to entirely what his records were doing at the moment.

What do you think of this?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Ross just tricked you guys into thinking he was a major artist. Never has, never will. He did the okie doke just like J.Cole acted like he was a conscious rapper.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Doesn't make a big diff at this point...

It def. won't signify that he's fallin' off or nothin' like that... just means the right records ain't comin' out.

Let's not forget (and this is not to compare Ross' popularity with Wayne's but still) The Carter III got pushed back a lot too in '07-'08... and then it dropped and well... yeah.

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't make a big diff at this point...

It def. won't signify that he's fallin' off or nothin' like that... just means the right records ain't comin' out.

Let's not forget (and this is not to compare Ross' popularity with Wayne's but still) The Carter III got pushed back a lot too in '07-'08... and then it dropped and well... yeah.

however Wayne wasn't missing with records .... he just had leaks. and he was still giving us tons of records that we were saying .. damn if this is leaking now as a leftover.. i can imagine how "classic" the album is gonna be :ohhh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ross forgot what he is, imo. Dude is not Drake, Wayne, or any of these other dudes chicks dig. Ain't no bytch wanna hear this fat nikka singing about touching them, word is born.

Ross makes street anthems and club hits. So far he hasn't released a club hit for GFID. Instead we've gotten two "for the ladies tracks" (the tracks with Nicki and Usher), and two street songs. The first one sounded like a half finished demo, which is a shame because that Just Blaze beat was amazing. The second, So Sophisticated, just sounds like the same song he puts out every three months. It doesn't have the wow factor of BMF, nahmean

Dude needs to get with 2 Chainz or someone and drop a club smash. Until then his singles will stay floppin :manny:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
however Wayne wasn't missing with records .... he just had leaks. and he was still giving us tons of records that we were saying .. damn if this is leaking now as a leftover.. i can imagine how "classic" the album is gonna be :ohhh:

And people said the same thing with Ross mixtape. People still don't think that was his album?? Lmao.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
even if he drops in the fall, its not like he didn't bless us already with rich forever which in my opinion is a studio album in itself.